FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Nov 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #1,291 of 4,896
There is a pair available here in the classifieds for a good price....

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #1,295 of 4,896
Fitear C435 vs 335DW vs Private 333:

Even though this seems quite off topic as the discussion is all about TG334, today I got a chance to compare my C435 to a MH335DW and a Private 333! 

Disclaimer: I personally own the C435 so it fits me perfectly. On the other hand, I borrowed a friend's 335DW and 333 to listen. In which due to his ears being smaller than mine, I manage to get quite a good fit. Although the isolation isn't half as good as my own C435.
In addition, I only managed to listen to the 335DW and the 333 for approximately 20 mins each. I alternated between the IEMS and my own C435 to compare and to pick out the differences. 
Please note that I am not an experienced earphone reviewer and just want to chip in on my own thoughts on how each of these IEMs sound and hopefully everyone here that reads this would get a better idea on what they are getting into if they are thinking of making the jump to purchase one of these! If any you disagree with my impressions do feel free to drop a reply so it benefits everyone on this thread! ^.^

Source: Iphone 5 (no amp)
I dont like to lug my amps around when Im out so I prefer to listen to my songs just straight out of my phone!

Now that the introduction is done, lets jump right into the main course! The sound!:)

C435:
Well, I have listened to this IEM for more than 1 year and if I were to describe it, I would say that it has quite a unique edge to it. I think that most of you would have heard or would know that fitear's IEMs sound very transparent and the instrumental separation is just magical. However, for the C435, it presents the music in a very different manner. Different in the sense that when you listen to a track, it would appear that the instruments sound closer to you and that the vocals sounds further away from you. It seems as if the singer is standing at a stage behind the orchestra/band. I cant seem to find a better way to describe the sound but this is the one thing that struck me when I listen to it. However, some people may describe this sound as being veiled, probably because of the very fact that the mids sound "far away". If I were to describe it, I feel that it has an extremely natural sounding yet laid back sound signature that is suited for long listening sessions. (Which is something that I love to do). 
Another thing to note is that it is almost as bright as the MH335. So, it gives that overall sound signature just an added bit of sparkle so as not to make it boring. The C435 also has a large sound stage and sounds very airy as compared to the MH335DW and 333. I think the C435 isnt a very popular model that is being highly promoted by Suyama (Although it does captivate me so very much) and I guess most consumers would want something abit more engaging and intimate, which brings me to the MH335.

MH335DW:
After listening to the C435 and going to MH335DW, I think that it has a totally different animal. The first thing I noticed when I listen to the MH 335DW is how intimate the vocals is. The mids is quite forward and it presents the song in a very engaging way. Needless to say, it is also extremely transparent and has good instrumental layering and separation. It also has plenty of treble energy which gives the music "life". However, personally I am not very used to the sound as at times I feel that the vocals are slightly sharp. In terms of sound staging, it is relatively smaller as compared to C435 since it is more intimate sounding. Comparing this to the C435, I find that it is like the exact opposite in which it sounds as if the singer is right next to you but the orchestra/band is behind the singer playing along. So, if you are someone whom loves mids and like an intimate sounding IEM that has very good layering and transparency, this would be the one to go for! 

Private 333: 
The 333 is quite similar in terms of its overall sound signature to the MH335DW. However, it is not as mid centric as the MH335 but it presents a more balanced sound. In a way, I would say that it is a halfway point between the MH335DW and C435 in terms of mid forwardness. It also sounds quite intimate and has a smaller soundstage as compared to its older brothers. One thing to note is that as I tried the C435 and the MH335DW before trying the 333, I felt that the 333 sounds "cluttered" in comparison. In the sense that the instrumental separation and transparency that it presents is not as well defined or separated. In the above two IEMs, I was able to easily pick out the instruments that are present in the song and identify its rough location with much ease. However, with the 333, I had to listen attentively to even pick out the instruments in the song.

Concluding words:
Some of you may have noticed that in my impressions above I did not mention how well each IEM performs in the bass region. The main reason is because I do not have a perfect fit with the 333 or MH335. Hence, I think that if I do made a statement about the bass it would probably not be accurate since isolation plays a big part in it. But I can safely say that the C435 performs very well in the bass region with just the right amount of bass impact and quantity as I would like it to have. It is not excessive like some dynamics but I think sufficient for my own perferences. And it definitely does not outperform JH16 in terms of bass depth and quantity. Having said so, I personally would think that fitear is like the Stax of IEMs. Definitely not bass heavy but extremely transparent and open sounding!:)

[Ps. I think that I could get my hands on a pair of TG334s soon so I can compare them to the rest of its family!:)

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #1,298 of 4,896
Quote:
-snip-

Concluding words:
Some of you may have noticed that in my impressions above I did not mention how well each IEM performs in the bass region. The main reason is because I do not have a perfect fit with the 333 or MH335. Hence, I think that if I do made a statement about the bass it would probably not be accurate since isolation plays a big part in it. But I can safely say that the C435 performs very well in the bass region with just the right amount of bass impact and quantity as I would like it to have. It is not excessive like some dynamics but I think sufficient for my own perferences. And it definitely does not outperform JH16 in terms of bass depth and quantity. Having said so, I personally would think that fitear is like the Stax of IEMs. Definitely not bass heavy but extremely transparent and open sounding!:)

[Ps. I think that I could get my hands on a pair of TG334s soon so I can compare them to the rest of its family!:)

I would say that pretty accurately describes the TG!334 too. They aren't bass monsters, but they are quite adept in handling the low range. And if I need any more impact on industrial music, or anything with energetic bass, a simple +1 tick on an EQ nicely does the trick. I will say I have never, ever been able to get the bass driver to clip at all, even with the EQ activated, which was not the case with every other BA in-ear I've ever owned, including: TF10, W3, W4, SM3, etc....  

And the rest of their sound is just so sublime that they've made me appreciate everything else more than how they handle bass (which is unheard of considering I've been a pretty demanding basshead for a long time).

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #1,300 of 4,896
Quote:
I'd say that the Fitear 334s ARE bass heavy. They have heavier bass than neutral-bass IEMs like the Hifiman RE262 and Ortofon e-Q5.

To my ears the RE262 has very well controlled bass  but IMO they were bass light lol. Even the EX1000 and MDR-7550s had more bass and some consider the EX1000 bass light....

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #1,305 of 4,896
Quote:
I have to disagree. For me, I am looking for more bass. I will be using with a Triad L3 and I am very much looking forward to turning up the bass knob on it!

Totally  agree. I found 334 has much more mids compare to bass, believe it or not, I start to ask for more sub-bass too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back