FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #631 of 4,896
Ordered a pair fom ALO Audio this afternoon. Really looking forward to taking them on some short trips over the next few months.

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #632 of 4,896
Quote:
Ordered a pair fom ALO Audio this afternoon. Really looking forward to taking them on some short trips over the next few months.

Hope you like their sound. They should be great for trips (as long as you're okay with a somewhat large-ish earphone shell which doesn't sit flush with the outside of your ear)... their isolation is very very good, and because of that the amount of fidelity preserved in outdoor or travel situations is awesome. I haven't had the chance to take mine on any trips yet. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #634 of 4,896
Quote:
Well I continue to enjoy the TG!334's immensely. I'm amazed at how 'deep' you can hear into recordings. I've never heard this level of retrieval before, and it's so nice. I love how they are so detailed and analytical (if that's even the right term) without being at all cold, dull or sterile. They're just so involving and exciting at the same time. I suppose that's because of the big scale of space, and how solidly they place instruments relative to other ones with quiet space in between-- which no other earphone I've ever had can approach. They make my Futuresonics MG6Pro's sound like a mixed up mess. It's probably making me spend far too much time with IEM's stuffed in my ears to be healthy! 

yeah , this is what i think , 
But i want to add is the colour of sound is more warm than others , but without loss detail . so it become the most fantastic IEM i have heard .. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #635 of 4,896
So Steve Guttenberg strikes again.  Just to know if he is talking out his a** again, does any else think the JH13 is more warm than the 334?  All the impressions seem to indicate otherwise.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #636 of 4,896
Quote:
So Steve Guttenberg strikes again.  Just to know if he is talking out his a** again, does any else think the JH13 is more warm than the 334?  All the impressions seem to indicate otherwise.

I always take Guttenberg's statements with salt, but Sasaki did mention once that he thought it sounded similar to a JH13 with a TWag cable, if that means anything. I personally doubt the JH13 is warmer, though the 334 may just have marginally better clarity, leading Guttenberg to think it was brighter.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #638 of 4,896
Maybe he actually hates writing about audio but keeps doing it for the money.  Sometimes his stuff reminds me of bad papers I write the morning they're do because I just want to get the **** out of school already.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #639 of 4,896
I've got so many Head-fi tabs open in my browser that I don't know if this is the iPod-bashing thread, the iBuds-bashing thread, the Beats-bashing thread, the Bose-bashing thread, the Ultrasone-bashing thread, the HD700-bashing thread, or the Steve Guttenberg-bashing thread.

Anyone got a link to the TG 334 thread?

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #640 of 4,896
Quote:
I've got so many Head-fi tabs open in my browser that I don't know if this is the iPod-bashing thread, the iBuds-bashing thread, the Beats-bashing thread, the Bose-bashing thread, the Ultrasone-bashing thread, the HD700-bashing thread, or the Steve Guttenberg-bashing thread.

Anyone got a link to the TG 334 thread?

Sure thing :)

http://bit.ly/RYkKBp

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #641 of 4,896
I do have the se535, and I couldn't disagree more with flywind. In my opinion, they are in different leagues, the shure mids are lust, colored and far from detailed, you can even say that they are veiled(at least compared to 334). The 334 mids are clear, transparent and immensely detailed. HD800 detail level. The bass is much better detailed, textured and the upper frequency is very shy on 535, not on 334. Different leagues, completely different sound signature. The shure are the colored ones.
Quote:
I've never heard the other two, but saying the 334's have less detail than those Shures seems absurd to me.

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #642 of 4,896
I have owned the FitEars for about 2 weeks now, what I love is the big, balanced sound. You see I mostly listen to my stereo and full-size headphones. Portable audio has always sounded thin and dull to me but I listen to it all the time because you know, sometimes you gotta get out of the car. When I replaced my SE530s with the TG334s it felt like I achieved dynamic sound without giving up BM detail.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I would say the TG334s can rock hard on a well-recorded progressive rock track. OK so they have extended bass but R&R needs that to make the drums pop. Obviously these earphones have a carefully selected sound signature that may not be 100% accurate but is very pleasing. My only complaints are the stiff microphonic cables which I hope will be corrected after I receive the new ALO cables I ordered.

BTW I am listening on HM-801 with FLAC tracks recorded from my 2000-CD collection of Japanese imports.

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #643 of 4,896
I have owned the FitEars for about 2 weeks now, what I love is the big, balanced sound. You see I mostly listen to my stereo and full-size headphones. Portable audio has always sounded thin and dull to me but I listen to it all the time because you know, sometimes you gotta get out of the car. When I replaced my SE530s with the TG334s it felt like I achieved dynamic sound without giving up BM detail.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I would say the TG334s can rock hard on a well-recorded progressive rock track. OK so they have extended bass but R&R needs that to make the drums pop. Obviously these earphones have a carefully selected sound signature that may not be 100% accurate but is very pleasing. My only complaints are the stiff microphonic cables which I hope will be corrected after I receive the new ALO cables I ordered.

BTW I am listening on HM-801 with FLAC tracks recorded from my 2000-CD collection of Japanese imports.

I also think the cable should have been less microphonic, but 300$ to correct that doesn's seem right.
It's just too much for an iem cable, from my point of view, i think some companies take advantage because of the few offers available, it's just insane that kind of money, half of it would have been more than enough (and would certainly be more than enough for the raw cable and manufacturing it)

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #644 of 4,896
The 300$ cable they offer is just that - a 300$ cable. It's parts bill is actually quite expensive. Even the regular cable is expensive. The straight plug alone costs almost 10$ and that is just one part. An engineer here went over it with me and we concluded that they aren't making the same profit as are some companies on their cables. Too expensive? I agree, but not in the snake oil level as some competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back