FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 7, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #4,861 of 4,896
Onkyo K1 x Fitear Semi Custom - you can choose a shell and faceplate color. It will take up to 2 months to complete the order. Just placed an order today and hoping it will come earlier than expected 😄

1DAE78DC-196A-4322-B2D5-98B74B917ADF.png
omg! ぼっち・ざ・ろっく! ver K1 available on onkyo direct and they partner with buyee for shipping to overseas!!! anyone has any idea how the k1 sounds? really like to get a pair of 後藤 ひとり ver!

https://onkyodirect.jp/shop/pages/BTRK1_CUSTOM_IEM.aspx

Aug 7, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #4,862 of 4,896
@ddlo can you imagine I’m still drolling on Tg335?😂

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #4,863 of 4,896
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #4,864 of 4,896
Anyone here can compare between the 007B 4.4 vs 013 4.4 cable?
I'm moving away from the 013 3.5 now but want something that still look stock.

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #4,866 of 4,896
I know it's not easy to find, but wich is the CAN with more TG334 similar tuning?

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #4,867 of 4,896
Any info on new UIEM model?

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #4,868 of 4,896
Any info on new UIEM model?

Assuming we're talking about the same one,

It's developed by the same guy as Silver, 335ht, K1/H1.

I watched the conference presentation from Fitear from early November, will launch as universal first but they plan to make it available custom later. It's less professional use focused, it's called IMarge (bastardization of the english words immersive, imagine, image, merge, and emerge. They used ChatGPT to come up with it)

of course my comprehension of the presentation wasn't 100% but apparently it's 2 fullrange vented BA from sonion + 2 BA tweeter and goals are intimacy and vocal focus while maintaining clarity and space for a natural and immersive sound fit for everyday use. drivers were specifically commissioned for the EST2 which then became this IMarge, they seem excited to use this new BA. Apparently they were given it some time in 2022 but they said that it lacked low end extension and requested Sonion to make a vented version of it, which has now been improved.

Mar 12, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #4,870 of 4,896
Mar 15, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #4,872 of 4,896
Demo imarge but was not very impressed. I'd like more mid-bass and the soudstage doesnt seem very immersive. Acoustune hs2000mx mkiii was more interesting 🧐

Attachments

• 20240315_164221.jpg
    20240315_164221.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #4,873 of 4,896
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #4,874 of 4,896

FitEar IMarge Universal Review | Universal earphones with soft sound that combines a floating and immersive feeling​

FitEar IMarge Universal Review | Universal earphones with soft sound that combines a floating and immersive feeling

FitEar IMarge Universal audio specialty store staff review. We will introduce in detail the earphones developed for IMarge, which have a driver configuration that combines Sonion's full-range BA with a little EST, giving a floating and immersive feeling.
table of contents
What are FitEar universal earphones?
Features of FitEar IMarge Universal
  1. Developer interview

1. earphone body

1. stem

1. driver

1. cable

1. Case

1. earpiece

FitEar IMarge Universal sound quality review
  1. Connect FitEar IMarge Universal and Asell&Kern KANN ALPHA

Product Specifications
summary
Fujiya Avic store image

▶This article was supervised by
FUJIYA AVIC. FUJIYA
AVIC offers quick sales, trade-ins, and purchases on its website. Please feel free to contact us for inquiries such as searching over 1,000 used inventory items, purchasing the latest headphones and earphones, consulting with us regarding audio players and high-resolution compatible devices, and inquiring about trade-ins and purchases.

▶SHOP INFORMATION
store (Tokyo, Nakano Broadway 3F) Click here for information Click here
for online store

What are FitEar universal earphones?​

FitEar is a manufacturer of earphones that are used by so many domestic artists that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't see them at live performances or on stage. year). This is the first time that most custom earphone manufacturers have developed a model that incorporates the technology and sound quality of earphones and custom earphones, which are created to fit the user's ear shape, into universal earphones (regular types that are fitted with earpieces). It is also a fully established brand.
FitEar TG334 images
FitEar universal earphones TG334
Another new universal earphone has arrived from FitEar! That is "IMarge Universal" (hereinafter referred to as "IMarge")!
FitEar IMarge Universal and case images
FitEar IMarge Universal
This time, we will provide details and sound quality review about IMarge.

Features of FitEar IMarge Universal​

Developer interview​

By the way, do you know this interview article that was published about two years ago? This is an interview with the developer of FitEar's "Silver" earphones with a medical grade silver casing, which was announced at the Spring Headphone Festival 2022 mini, a real event held for the first time in a while after the coronavirus pandemic.

In addition to the familiar President Suyama, this is also an article in which Mr. Hotta, an engineer whose debut work was Silver, appeared on stage for the first time.
[Manufacturer Interview] FitEar Silver is a newcomer to both the driver and developer!

» See this article
[Manufacturer Interview] FitEar Silver is a newcomer to both the driver and developer!  blog image

In fact, the earphones that were recently released, IMarge, were also designed by Mr. Hotta! What's more, this is an ambitious work in which Mr. Hotta created everything from scratch, from selecting the drivers to deciding on the sound, rather than developing it based on a specific theme.

The slightly unusual model name, IMarge, comes from Mr. Hotta's development themes of ``Immersive,'' ``Imagine, Image,'' ``Merge,'' and ``Emerge.'' He entered keywords such as `` into the AI chat tool and named it based on that.
Overall image of FitEar IMarge Universal
IMarge was designed from scratch by Mr. Hotta

earphone body​

Let's start with the appearance. The clear color faceplate part is a turret type that is integrated with the cable connector, which is common to all FitEar models. The connector is a 2-pin type with different thicknesses on the left and right sides, which has now become famous as the "FitEar terminal." A spring mechanism is used for contact and retention during installation, and the terminal is so reliable that it has been used in equipment used by the military and police for over 50 years.

The main body is Grit Ash, a color used for the first time in this IMarge. It's hard to tell in the photo, but if you look closely, you'll see that the coloring is gray with glitter in it. Currently, the shells of FitEar earphones are created using 3D printers, but it seems that it was extremely difficult to layer this glitter neatly.
Close-up image of FitEar IMarge Universal
FitEar-specific faceplate and grit ash color housing

stem​

The stem (shaft) uses an "oval horn stem" that combines an elliptical cross section and a horn-shaped nozzle that suppresses high-frequency attenuation, which is a feature of previous FitEar universal models, but the main body size and This part is also smaller than the previous model, making it even more comfortable to wear.
FitEar IMarge Universal stem image
Built-in 2 BA + 2 EST drivers

driver​

The driver configuration is a "BA+EST" configuration that combines two full-range balanced armatures and two electrostatic (EST) tweeters. The concept of adding an EST driver to a flat, wide-range sound BA driver to slightly compensate for high frequencies is a special technique used by Mr. Hotta in his debut work, Sliver.

Furthermore, the BA driver, which is responsible for the basics of the sound, is a special driver created for this IMarge, and Mr. Hotta worked directly with BA driver manufacturer Sonion to improve it.

cable​

The included cable is FitEar's cable 013, which is widely used in both universal and custom products.
Image of FitEar IMarge Universal accessory cable cable 013
The attached cable is cable 013

Case​

The included case is not the familiar semi-hard case, but is made of ``JUKEBOX'' by the new Korean brand LEPIC, which was released today. This earphone case has a polycarbonate resin exterior with excellent impact resistance, a soft silicone inner, and a special ACS sheet with humidity control, antibacterial, and deodorizing functions.
Image of the case included with FitEar IMarge Universal

earpiece​

The included earpieces have also been redesigned to match IMarge, and now feature SpinFit W1 (5 sizes: SS/S/MS/M/L). In addition, in this sample, the colors of the axes were different for each size, just like those sold separately, but in the actual IMarge product version, all sizes will have the same color axes.
Image of FitEar IMarge Universal's included earpiece
The included earpiece is SpinFit W1

FitEar IMarge Universal sound quality review​

Now let's finally check the sound quality of IMarge. The player is a combination of Asell & Kern KANN ALPHA.

Connect FitEar IMarge Universal and Asell&Kern KANN ALPHA​

Images of FitEar IMarge Universal and KANN ALPHA
IMarge and KANN ALPHA
It is a sound that softly envelops listeners who mainly listen to the mid-low range, with a fluffy "floating feeling" and an "immersive feeling" where before you know it, you are completely immersed in the world of music .

On the other hand, it doesn't have the resolution that makes you look through a microscope or the crisp low frequencies, but when you listen to it at a leisurely pace, you suddenly realize, ``Wow, that's the kind of sound that was coming from here.'' It has plenty of power.

I imagined that it would have that characteristic crisp high frequency range since it is equipped with an electrostatic (EST) driver, but when I actually listened to it, I found it to be flexible but less stimulating, with rounded corners. I was also surprised by the high range. This point clearly reflects Mr. Hotta's design philosophy: ``I decided on the main character of the sound (Sonion's full-range BA in IMarge), and then used EST as a ``small addition'' to make that main character shine.'' I think it is. My impression is that these earphones give you a feeling of comfort that pervades your body, like drinking hot water at just the right temperature.

Product Specifications​

driverHybrid typeNumber of driversFull range balanced armature driver x 2, electrostatic tweeter x 2
formatCanal typeFrequency response range-

[Product Information] FitEar IMarge Universal

" view the details
FitEar IMarge Universal

summary​

The universal earphone "IMarge Universal" was designed and created from scratch for the first time by Mr. Hotta, an up-and-coming engineer who FitEar is proud of.・The
sonion full-range BA developed for IMarge has a little bit of electrostatic type (EST). Additional driver configuration
・Includes earphone case ``JUKEBOX'' made by the new brand LEPIC and earpiece ``W1'' made by SpinFit
・Sound like hot water that softly envelops the listener, with a floating and immersive feeling
, perfect for everyday listening. These earphones have a taste that you will never get tired of.

FitEar IMarge Universal is on sale starting today, and listening devices are of course available in stores. Please come and experience the young engineer's thorough commitment and love for earphones!

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #4,875 of 4,896
I demoed twice the iMarge on my 4days trip to tokyo and was not very impressed. Nevertheless, i couldn't find toys that i really like to buy ao i ended up bought the fitear iMarge (also the excellent sony msr-ex800st!) on the 3rd day before leaving tokyo.

The shell is really small and the fit seems better than the silver. The new korean made case is better than the old pelican 1010.

The sound profile is quite polite and balance. Treble sounds fine but I wish there's more mib-bass. i suspect likely due to the sound profile skewed towards upper mid and above, there seems more details and resolution than the older fitear models to me during the short demo.

For the weak yen, it's an ok choice but, for me, not a really charming and engaging sound like the 334 and titan.

P.s. the onkyo direct store is just on the opposite side of e-earphone akihabara. They can do ear impress in-store if you wish to purchase the onkyo x fitear ぼっち・ざ・ろっく!and idolm@ster ver ciems.

Attachments

• 20240316_133234.jpg
    20240316_133234.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240316_132123~2.jpg
    20240316_132123~2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back