FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #272 of 768
Heard the Parterre today, normal version. Frankly, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I feel the TG334 is definitely better, despite my protestations regarding its bass. I also prefer the 111 a little more.

In terms of price bracket, even in FitEar scaling, I can't quite recommend it.

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #274 of 768
Two months ago I posted the following:
Quote:
To all those who follow this thread:

I know there are plenty, plenty of music_4321 fans out there — hey, if I wasn't music_4321 myself, I'd be a fan of that very sweet sparrow, too.

So, here's a request: I'd like to ask anybody kind enough to be able to get hold of a brand new unit before PriceJapan or Musica Acoustics does (no demo units, please) to PM me and let me know if they could possibly help me acquire a pair as, needless to say, I'd very much like to own / audition a pair.

Please see this post as a unique opportunity to score some brownie points with our most esteemed friendly and joyful sparrow, or, in the very unlikely event that you're not that fond of our flawed cranky sparrow, perhaps just a great opportunity to show some great (HF) community spirit.

Thanks

Quote:
Not a single PM in the last 24 hrs. Three possible reasons for this:

a)  Not as many music_4321 fanboys out there as I thought. (big blow to my ego if that really is the case)

b)  There's no such thing as "HF community spirit"

c)  The Parterres are really very hard to get even if you live in Japan / Tokyo.

a)  Actually, no music_4321 fanboys (or fangirls) at all. Sad but true.

b)  Indeed there isn't.

c)  They are.

The 334s didn't do it for me; the F111s didn't, either. Yesterday I got an expected email: "We shipped your FitEar Parterre on August 09".

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #275 of 768
Quote:
Two months ago I posted the following:

a)  Actually, no music_4321 fanboys (or fangirls) at all. Sad but true.

b)  Indeed there isn't.

c)  They are.

The 334s didn't do it for me; the F111s didn't, either. Yesterday I got an expected email: "We shipped your FitEar Parterre on August 09".

Hopefully these are the chosen ones. Interested in your impressions!

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #277 of 768
Quote:

Suyama San recommends 100 to 150 hours, and classical music as the Parterre's forte.... 

Hey spkrs01,

Could please tell me where exactly you heard that? Was it, perhaps, someone quoting Suyama San? And if so, did he explain why? Also, did you yourself notice any changes at all after burn-in? Did you actually let your pair run in for 100-150 hrs?

I'm asking because, as you know, it seems BA drivers don't really require burn-in — I myself have never noticed real sonic changes after burn in, though I still always give my phones 3-8 hrs' burn-in just in case; I still always like to try them 'fresh' out of the box. I believe Westone, for instance, say the drivers should be functioning perfectly after just one hour of use.

I'm also wondering if Mr Suyama is perhaps recommending 100-150 hrs more as a suggested period of adaptation to the Parterre's particular sonics (read: brain burn-in) — this, I think, doesn't seem very likely as reports don't suggest these are anything like, say, the Piano Fortes, where brain burn-in could almost be seen as a must due to the PF's very different sound (apart from the fact the PFs use a dynamic driver). Or, if, as some people speculated earlier on in the thread (tranhieu & tomscy2000), these IEMs are using a new type of driver that may require real extended burn-in.

Thanks.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #278 of 768
Hi G

It was Suyama himself when he was in Hong Kong, but I heard he is saying the same in Singapore last week. The BA drivers themselves shouldn't exhibit major changes, but I feel he may be referring to the cabling / wiring................I have not received my pair as yet
size]

I did buy a pair from Jaben HK, but my friend in the States wanted them, so I sent without opening the package. I  am supposedly receiving mine from Japan sometime this month......I usually just let my IEMs run on the V200 when they are new and listen occasionally........

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #280 of 768
@spkrs01 @music_4321 : yeah Suyama-san also told me the same thing. No need to do do burn in for the driver, but he recommend me to do burn in for the crossover and cable (not sure though for how many hours)

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #281 of 768
Quote:
@spkrs01 @music_4321 : yeah Suyama-san also told me the same thing. No need to do do burn in for the driver, but he recommend me to do burn in for the crossover and cable (not sure though for how many hours)

he told me that around 100 to 150 hours for burning :)
btw, I found the parterre pair extremely well with AK100 un-mod, way better than with my touch 4

@music: congrat, waiting for your impression, don't forget to try your akg k3003's ear tips with your parterre :)

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #282 of 768
Quote:
he told me that around 100 to 150 hours for burning :)
btw, I found the parterre pair extremely well with AK100 un-mod, way better than with my touch 4

@music: congrat, waiting for your impression, don't forget to try your akg k3003's ear tips with your parterre :)

Hi LyPForever,

I'm a bit sceptical of all this burn-in business, TBH. Now, what if I really like the Parterres straight out of the box? Will burn-in make them sound any better………or worse?  :wink:  Anyway, I believe Mr Suyama is a fairly honest person, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for trying the K3003 tips with the Parterres, I don't think I will—the stock medium tips worked perfectly with the TG334 & F111; but now I also have some Ortofon tips, so will definitely give those a try.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #284 of 768
Subbed. A little late to the party but heading down to Jaben this Sat to audition the Paterre. Hopefully I can compare them to the 846! Using the W4 as reference as Stereo has the IE800 and K3003 and ConnectIT has Ultrasone IQ. So using Westone 4 as benchmark. :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #285 of 768
Have spent the last 40 mins or so with the Parterres—straight out of the box. Tried the Ortofon tips but they made the sound a bit bassier than I like and less controlled in the low end, so have settled for the same tips I'd used before with the 334s & F111s, the stock medium tips.

These are obviously very, very early impressions, but I'll go out on a limb and dare, at this very early stage, to declare that the Parterre may well be the best BA-based IEM I have ever heard in my life, and up there with the very best IEMs I've ever heard, certainly in my top 5, if not my top 3. PLEASE note I haven't gone into analytical mode yet—intentionally so—but only into 'sounds right / wrong' mode. These phones sound wonderfully right to these ears, or more right than any other BA phone I've heard.

A couple of people have mentioned these phones have very good treble and sparkle while remaining smooth — couldn't agree more, these are indeed detailed phones, but in a more organic, natural and, yes, an impressively smooth way.

The low-end seems, so far, to be just right up my street quantity-wise — I kept wishing for something not as bassy as the 334s and not as lean / unnatural-sounding as the F111s.

The Parterres, like my K3003s, have a very, very clean & refined sound.

Absolutely thrilled to find out these are not as sensitive as the 334s & F111s, yet they're still pretty easy to drive.

I need to spend more time with the Parterres, throw more music at them, do more critical listening—though I trust my ears already—and allow some burn-in as suggested by Mr Suyama — just hope they don't get worse (not entirely joking here!) as right now I'm really very impressed.

The 334s will wow people more, particularly those whose music preferences lean more towards pop, rock, electronica (or the like), but here's the thing, the Parterres are doing extremely well with those genres, or so my ears tell me — In fact, I prefer the Parterres with these very genres than I did with the 334s, specially well-mastered albums. I've never heard a BA phone that has been such a good all-rounder—so far—in the full sense of the term, and in that sense the Parterres share that great quality with my K3003s & HD800s.

Now, if you asked our grumpy sparrow, "Hey music, pick your 3 favourite phones right now!", I'd say that today I'd choose the K3003, the 1601SS & the Parterres.

*Please take these very early impressions with a pinch of salt.*  Or not.

EDIT: Impressive low-end extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back