FitEar MH334
Jun 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

MrNodi

New Head-Fier
I'm after a set of these, does anyone know if they have an international distributor, or do I have to take japanese lessons AND fly to Japan to get a set? There's only so much obsessive earphone-based insanity I can explain...!

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 28
Hello Mr.Nodi

I have a pair of these, running at 1,800USD they are one of the most expensive customs you can buy. The build quality is top notch, sound quality is excellent as well with a more mellow/neutral sound(SM3 like).

I'm planning to post a review on these soon.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
Hello Mr.Nodi

I have a pair of these, running at 1,800USD they are one of the most expensive customs you can buy. The build quality is top notch, sound quality is excellent as well with a more mellow/neutral sound(SM3 like).

Did you bought it?
You're insane man..
ksc75smile.gif

Can't wait for your review..

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 28
I just ordered a pair of mh334 too, I will do a review after it arrive.

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 28
Doing it soon, hopefully during the holiday, since my english is bad, i need a bit of extra time compare to you guys when writing a review.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #10 of 28
I bought some MH334s about 3 weeks ago.  They are stunning.  No other word for it. Proper HiFi by any standard.

If you're a headbanger; In Silico by Pendulum absolutely stomps.  The sub-bass on Wet and Rusting by Menomena equals that of the subs on my main HiFi, it's eerie - you can almost feel it in your chest. Drums are fast and punchy - snares almost make you blink and cymbals shimmer and resonate forever. Then the resolution, it is mind boggling.  Lyrics of songs I've pondered for decades are suddenly writ clear, the foot pedals on Ben Fold's piano are almost annoying!

I'm so impressed I don't care that one of them doesn't fit quite so well (Jaben HK have been totally cool and will send them back for a remould) - what I'm not happy about is they'll be gone for a few weeks - my backup Shure 535s just feel like a big flat let-down in comparison.

Again, so impressed am I that I tried another cable - the FitEar ISilver.  I've written on it elsewhere here, but it just gives a bit more of everything; making an incredible product even better.  

Expensive yes, but truly the best bang-for-buck bit of HiFi I've ever bought in my 30 year HiFi hobby.  If you're teetering on the edge, worrying about potential buyer's remorse, don't...

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #11 of 28
I've been listening to Friend And Foe by Menomena* while writing this - iPhone 4, 320kps MP3 into Vorzugge Pure and the MH334s - not even FLAC - and the sound is fantastic; dynamic, airy, detailed and exciting.  It suddenly struck me - again - just how good these things are.

* Excellent LP, takes a while to learn but well worth the effort.  Peculiar soundstage on several songs (the drums are often all over the shop) but really great recording and a good sonic workout for any system - and superb melodies make it a fave. 

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:
Hello Mr.Nodi

1800 USD. woah.
eek.gif

Wish I had the money to buy them. Trying to save up for the Private 333's though. Should be getting them after I settle down in Japan. Btw did you buy them in Japan?? 

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #14 of 28
Hey 1974, just reading this here as I'm keen on the MH334 myself (and met another bloke with them yesterday at e-earphones (where I was inquiring about replacement pads for my ES10)). The VorzAMPpure is part of a twin design amplifier from Vorzüge. It is tiny (fits in a pair of jeans), plays back music for about 30 hours, has a low noise floor, and is pretty awesome. The Duo is its more expensive sibling which has an EQ switch built in: bass and treble. 

At a local headfi meet in Tokyo, the Pure was very popular. Both units were considered by about half of the headfiers to be top notch. 

I'm not a portable amp man (as in I don't carry them around), but when I do, it's the Pure. 

I don't know if it will be helpful or not, but I reviewed the Pure and Duo back in June or July. Here is the link.
Quote:

Whats's a Vorzugge Pure?

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #15 of 28
Sorry for the multi:

From what I understand, Mr. Suyama is mainly interested in pushing the universal models abroad for the very reasons that you mention: Japanese, distance, and then support headaches. FitEar really command a large mindshare here, BUT are a very small company in comparison to probably any customer manufacturer we know about at headfi. 

I have used the universal demo version of the MH335 which made me curious about the custom as I said above, but actually, I'm getting ahead of myself. I still have customs - actually, my favourite is still the FitEar Private 333. I hope you find what you are looking for, but I'd not pass up the To Go! 334 if you can find one. 
Quote:
I'm after a set of these, does anyone know if they have an international distributor, or do I have to take japanese lessons AND fly to Japan to get a set? There's only so much obsessive earphone-based insanity I can explain...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back