Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Aug 25, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #316 of 1,062
iKE1985 your preference might be due to the nature of music you listen to, to hear each detail of the instruments for that type of music maybe a higher volume is needed. If thats the case your the perfect customer for the A12 and its adel module. However I believe jelt is trying to review on a balanced basis not pertaining to a single music genre.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #318 of 1,062
  When the 5way and AAW Morph have an Adel module, then i'll get one. I'm sold on the adel tech, my volume is not even a 1/6th of the way up the slider.  I had ringing in my ears from the skull candies and all the other in-ears I've tried(which I listened to at much louder volumes).  Since I've used Adel I have no more ringing. 

Btw, have you heard the AAW W500 AHMorph and/or the SE 5-way Ultimate? They are both very impressive IEMs, certainly mainstays within the leading bracket of TOTL earphones, IMO. The A12 is no slouch either, and ranks near the top of my favorite and best in-class lists.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #320 of 1,062
Jelt,

I noticed you didn't discuss the ADEL module much in the review.  Did you find it had a positive effect on the fatigue that listening usually brings?  I listen to the A12's at least 10 hours a day with zero fatigue.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #321 of 1,062
@iKE1985 your preference might be due to the nature of music you listen to, to hear each detail of the instruments for that type of music maybe a higher volume is needed. If thats the case your the perfect customer for the A12 and its adel module. However I believe jelt is trying to review on a balanced basis not pertaining to a single music genre.

Perhaps, but I'm sure i'll end up with either a 5 way or AAW W500 morph at some point in the future, which ever implements ADEL once it's licensed to others.  If they don't, I wont.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #322 of 1,062

Btw, have you heard the AAW W500 AHMorph and/or the SE 5-way Ultimate? They are both very impressive IEMs, certainly mainstays within the leading bracket of TOTL earphones, IMO. The A12 is no slouch either, and ranks near the top of my favorite and best in-class lists.

No, I wish I could.  Some day I will hopefully.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #325 of 1,062
It is interesting to note that 2 of the top 3 CIEMS in these reviews are adjustable (ADEL & W500).

Interesting to note too that the reviewer doesn't seem to care much for this feature. I had the SE846 which could be adjusted by means of interchangeable filters and found it to be a pain in the backside. I'm hoping that the whole adjustability thing is just a flash in the pan tbh.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #326 of 1,062
 I had the SE846 which could be adjusted by means of interchangeable filters and found it to be a pain in the backside. I'm hoping that the whole adjustability thing is just a flash in the pan tbh.

Yh to be honest i'm sure a very very very small number of people would actually adjust their iems on a song/genre basis even if you could do it with a "convinient" screwdriver its too much of a pain. Even with an adjustable adel module it would probably get annoying real fast.

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #327 of 1,062
Yh to be honest i'm sure a very very very small number of people would actually adjust their iems on a song/genre basis even if you could do it with a "convinient" screwdriver its too much of a pain. Even with an adjustable adel module it would probably get annoying real fast.

It will be interesting to see what most consumers actually do with the adjustable module once it's released. I bet some may prefer one setting over another and others would probably adjust based on the music they listen to, but it will depend on how easy it is to adjust the modules. On the campaign they also indicated that they planned different modules in the future that would bring out different attributes out of the IEMS, but I guess the majority of consumers will dictate the demand.

The big selling point with the ADEL tech on the campaign has been the adjustable module and its ability to reveal different features when adjusted while providing the hearing benefits. It would have been interesting to see if the adjustable module would have made a difference in the final ranking. He current module being shipped was actually something they came up, because music engineers wanted to have consistent settings from the IEMS when mixing for artists. That's when the auto tune module came up, but 1964 touts the other module as superior, yet because it is difficult to mass produce the adjustable module they are shipping with the current module for now. Not sure how that could change the overall attributes and ranking though.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #328 of 1,062
  Jelt,

Would you say that the A12's shine more for very fast music given their incredible imaging and separation whereas the 5-ways would be better for slower music given their resonance?

This sounds amazing on the A12's:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShiEuQk5agg

Or perhaps even faster, like brain drill, necrophagist or decrepit birth.

They shine for complex music for sure. I'm not sure I'll call them conventionally 'fast' in all aspects; but for sure they never ever sound muddy. That brings quite a different dimension to the music if that's the kind of stuff you listen to.

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #329 of 1,062

They shine for complex music for sure. I'm not sure I'll call them conventionally 'fast' in all aspects; but for sure they never ever sound muddy. That brings quite a different dimension to the music if that's the kind of stuff you listen to.

I also listen to very slow metal as well, doom metal, sludge metal, stoner metal, etc.  All of it really, except progressive metal-hate those stupid vocals(think hair metal).

I think giving the ADEL an updated review once the adjustable module is out would be worthwhile since almost everyone except the kickstarters and early buyers will be getting an adjustable module, but it's your call.
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #330 of 1,062
Also I should add I forgot how dang sweet the bass is on these babies since I so rarely listen to Rap, it's like a tiramisu, so many details and layers-impossibly clear bass.  I like to listen to rap that I would describe as slightly stupid ghetto killer music, for example; young jeezy, cash money, etc.  Mostly songs about trappin, selling drugs and killing enemies.  I don't like the poppy sort of rap ex; wiz khalifa. Also like Kendrick lamar and I am familiar with the activist hip hop like immortal tech, jedi mind, etc, but I can only take so much of that stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back