Fischer DBA-02 MKII - Impressions and review thread: CK10 threatened!
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #196 of 400
And to those who are skeptical of the cables, let me say that they pose no problems whatsoever to me. Their shape is an absolute non-issue, for me anyway. I did like the old black and white twirly cables, but they were far too fragile and prone to hardening. The new cable looks and feels sturdy as hell, and so do the earpieces themselves. Great rubberized texture too!

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #197 of 400
I've got my TMA review up. I agree that the cables are very strong, but after using so many better cables, I can't just go for 'good enough', certainly not at this price for this earphone. Apart from cable issues, again, this is one of my personal favourites, if not my favourite for this price range.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #201 of 400
Ok now ive got around 15 hours of pure pink white brown noise and some frequency sweeps for the bass. Let me tell you that the mk2 versions are the best dual driver armatures i have ever heard. The bass is slighted more boosted than the previous dba02/b2 but retains all the amazing clarity and smoothness.The transparency and balance between bass mids and highs are just freakin amazing. Paired with my nano 6g > AW audio gold dragon lod > fiio e11 playing back to you by john mayer converted from flac to mp3. I just cant get over the clarity and details this little baby produces. Its like floating in the sky and just drifting away. None of my gears come close to this kind of clarity. Not even the z1000,L1,dt1350,es88,ckm77,UM merlin, westone 4, etc. I salute FA for a job well done. My search for a super detailed but smooth and non fatiguing dual armature iem is over. And btw im using shure olives as my tip because its so comfortable :)

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #202 of 400

Quote:
Ok now ive got around 15 hours of pure pink white brown noise and some frequency sweeps for the bass. Let me tell you that the mk2 versions are the best dual driver armatures i have ever heard. The bass is slighted more boosted than the previous dba02/b2 but retains all the amazing clarity and smoothness.The transparency and balance between bass mids and highs are just freakin amazing. Paired with my nano 6g > AW audio gold dragon lod > fiio e11 playing back to you by john mayer converted from flac to mp3. I just cant get over the clarity and details this little baby produces. Its like floating in the sky and just drifting away. None of my gears come close to this kind of clarity. Not even the z1000,L1,dt1350,es88,ckm77,UM merlin, westone 4, etc. I salute FA for a job well done. My search for a super detailed but smooth and non fatiguing dual armature iem is over. And btw im using shure olives as my tip because its so comfortable :)

The B2s however have sort of sparkly highs that can be really annoying. The DBA-02MKII however is more toned down and neutral. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #204 of 400

Quote:

Just wondering, have you tried both the DBA-02 and B2 or just one, as I find them to be slightly different with B2s having a bit more bass quantity.

And do most people find the "loss of treble sparkle" in comparison to the older model to be beneficial? It seems that many reviews find it to be a highlight of the earphones, so just wondering.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #205 of 400
Quote:
  Hmmm, sounds like we are talking HD600 versus HD650 here.

You have the funniest interjections these days, Anaxilus!
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #207 of 400
Quote:
  could someone post a picture of the mkii and q-jays for size comparision? thanks!

No picture, but they're very similar in size; the MK II is fatter, but not as long, while the q-Jays are slimmer and longer. Basically, if you want to compare size, it's basically a wash. Yes, the q-Jays are marginally smaller, but the size difference is effectively negligible.

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #208 of 400

Quote:
No picture, but they're very similar in size; the MK II is fatter, but not as long, while the q-Jays are slimmer and longer. Basically, if you want to compare size, it's basically a wash. Yes, the q-Jays are marginally smaller, but the size difference is effectively negligible.

Only thing that would make the DBA-02MKII a little bigger as it seems is the strain relief. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back