Fischer DBA-02 MKII - Impressions and review thread: CK10 threatened!
Feb 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #362 of 400
My bad. Perhaps I might audio-fi my 4s after it retires from cell duty.

In the meantime I'm just about to exchange the Nano for a Classic, and the Algorithm Solo has moved to the top of the list. May very well order a DT1350 too.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #364 of 400
I'd honestly recommend getting a DAC/Amp combi like Centrance Hifi-M8 or Cypherlabs Theorem 720 unless you already have a stand alone DAC then the Algorhythm Solo makes sense.

I'm with you on that after finally doing some reading on the Hifi-M8. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #365 of 400
You won't be disappointed pigmode 
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #366 of 400
I just threw my wallet on the table thanks to Moon Audio. Now the thumb twiddling game-- chose the mail option, not sure what kind of mail that is. Maybe I should call up and change to the next service up? Still waiting for my transducers.
blink.gif
 Lol.

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #367 of 400
Did a quick listen late last night. Can't say for sure yet of course, but the MKII seems a noticeable improvement over the UE700, which was the sometimes elusive point of this upgrade exercise! :) Still need to check the ear plugs for best fit, and if things work out maybe order a spare MKII.

Have got rid of the iPod classic-- will use my iPhone 4S instead.

What are Hifi-M8 owners using for portable and home USB cables? Apparently I need a 30 pin to USB cable for the iPhone 4S? Will use a MacBook Pro for home.

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #369 of 400
Does anybody by any chance have an accurate frequency response chart of the Fischer Audio DBA-02 MkII? I've been searching for it every where for a while now. The reason I asked is because I want a point of reference to adjust the EQ in the Accudio Pro app because Accudio doesn't have the DBA-02 MkII reference EQ setting. I just purchased the app yesterday and was disappointed that it's not there. I wrote them 2 emails regarding the buggy app and another one to request for DBA-02 MkII reference EQ setting but haven't received any reply from them yet.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #370 of 400
Oh well, looks like Fischer Audio's DBA-02 MkII is not so popular anymore and therefore no one has been bothered enough to do a frequency response chart for it. It's the first IEM I purchased some time ago and I love the sound except for the slightly peaky high frequencies around 8-10kHZ.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #373 of 400
I got a little curious today and switched the Fischer Audio's stock tips to a pair of Etymotic triple flange tips for fun and boy was I surprised with the sound that the DBA-02 MkII is capable of delivering with deep insertion. It truly put a smile on my face....reminds me a lot of the Ety ER4 sound signature....it can actually give the ER4 a good run for the money 
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #374 of 400
I got a little curious today and switched the Fischer Audio's stock tips to a pair of Etymotic triple flange tips for fun and boy was I surprised with the sound that the DBA-02 MkII is capable of delivering with deep insertion. It truly put a smile on my face....reminds me a lot of the Ety ER4 sound signature....it can actually give the ER4 a good run for the money :D

Did this for a while as well. It moves the treble peak closer to 5k for me rather than the usual ~8k. Still pretty bright imo but a pretty fun listen with certain tracks. Electronic can sound very good with this sig.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #375 of 400
Yes, totally agree with you there gnarlsagan....My DBA-02 MkII has been stashed in my drawer for a while now and I just stumbled on them again while I was clearing the drawer, so I decided to spend some quality time with it. EDM stuff sounds pretty good on it especially after putting on the Ety triple flange tips but I wish the subs could be a few dB higher. Yes, high mid is pretty shouty around the 5kHz region....Anyway deep insertion does actually bring out the bottom end quite a bit.

Btw, what ear tips are you using for the DBA? I actually plan to sell it off but after spending some quality time with it, I think I'm going to keep it anyway 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back