Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #31 of 160
Quote:
Really? They feel a lot different. Maybe because of the stiffer foam inside.

Well they are definitely not pleather that's for sure. They are velour with a faux leather o ring stitched to the velour so it can hook over the driver plate onto the wooden housing. Yes they have rather stiff memory foam inside.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #34 of 160
Quote:
Well they are definitely not pleather that's for sure. They are velour with a faux leather o ring stitched to the velour so it can hook over the driver plate onto the wooden housing. Yes they have rather stiff memory foam inside.

The original pads were more of a cross between velour and fabric.  The more recent pads for the current standard FA-011 have a tighter weave and are more of a fabric feel.  These pads are also a little stiffer so your ears are a little further from the drivers.

The LE's have a proper velour pad, but they're not as deep as the current fabric pads of the standard FA-011's.

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #39 of 160
Curse you Loquah! I own a pair of FA-011 (with black cups, coiled cable) which I've been perfectly happy with but after your review I now want the LE.
tongue_smile.gif

There's no denying that they look absolutely gorgeous and as soon as I can justify it to my wallet, I'll probably have to pull the trigger on these.

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #40 of 160
Curse you Loquah! I own a pair of FA-011 (with black cups, coiled cable) which I've been perfectly happy with but after your review I now want the LE. :tongue_smile:
There's no denying that they look absolutely gorgeous and as soon as I can justify it to my wallet, I'll probably have to pull the trigger on these.

Sorry Caze! They're worth it though. I hope you can find stock somewhere. Billy from Noisy Motel still has walnut and iroko versions I think and I thought the walnut looked sweet.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #41 of 160
Powering them straight from the Fiio X3 and they sound great, very revealing and layered sound listening to "Graceless" by The National on FLAC.Very effortless stat like presentation.

Female vocals are fabulous too especially Mylene Farmer and Assia, easily my favourite open cans in my collection except the HE6.

Did I mention I,m getting a second pair
gs1000.gif
(for posterity,s sake).

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #45 of 160
Open up one pair and go to town with it but get in quick cause I'm seeing Bill tomorrow so there might not be three left
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously though, the pads have a fine fabric mesh, then there,s a foam disc underneath,metal disc with holes and the driver.

It has a impedance resistor too, keep that in mind as that changes the sound a lot.

I,m not technically inclined so pardon my ignorance but as previously stated I am happy for you to see how they look.

BTW hooked them up with the X3->PB2 (LME49990/HA5002 opamp/buffer) and the soundstage is even better than the X3 running solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back