Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread
Jul 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #46 of 160
I won't be getting mine through Billy. Not sure about the imdepence resistor, it can only do so much as these are still rated at 160ohms. My personaly FA-011's are rated at 700ohms before it was dis-assembled

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #48 of 160
700ohms? Is that even possible?

If you don,t mind me askin, where are you getting the FA011-LE from?

Yes 700ohms is possible, heck even 1000 is but you're going to have a very very difficult time finding an amp driving those loads balanced out. I'm gonna talk my way through with Sergei and see if I can get a direct one from them or through one of the other distributors.

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #50 of 160
Where I can conserve a bit of money, I am patient, unless it is something I must have when it is released. But that's a different story. Makes the can's more tamed sounding when feeding it clean powerful load.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #51 of 160
Quote:
Where I can conserve a bit of money, I am patient, unless it is something I must have when it is released. But that's a different story. Makes the can's more tamed sounding when feeding it clean powerful load.

I'm not sure that the LEs need a lot of taming (unlike the standard FA-011s), but that may just be personal taste.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #52 of 160
Quote:

Yes 700ohms is possible, heck even 1000 is but you're going to have a very very difficult time finding an amp driving those loads balanced out.I'm gonna talk my way through with Sergei and see if I can get a direct one from them or through one of the other distributors.

Have we done something to upset you DefQon? :wink:

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #53 of 160
Switched the pads to the standard FA011 pads and the sound seems to open up.

Soundstaging is better and bass is a smidgen better too.

After listening them on both valve and solid state amps, I would recommend a solid state amp for pop/rock while a valve amp is better for

classical/jazz and other slow and soft genres.

Any other LE owners here besides me and Loquah (and Billy)?

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #54 of 160
Quote:

I'm not sure that the LEs need a lot of taming (unlike the standard FA-011s), but that may just be personal taste.

The high impedence is there just to play along with dampening and the resistance factor of the increased z of the drivers as more current is circulated through them to gain the appropriate output signal volume. The standard 011's which I have don't necessarily need it but every bit of mod helps.

Quote:
Have we done something to upset you DefQon? :wink:

lol nah Billy, just trying to save money where I can. Bit north of $400 at the moment is bit out of my stretch when I'm pursuing other hobbies besides audio as well.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #56 of 160
The LE comes across as quasi open since there is some serious amount of isolation in the cups compared to the AD900X or the HD650 which just have a grill behind the drivers. It doesn't leak as much as open cans hence the soundstage feeling a bit constrained.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #58 of 160
T1's are an odd duck ( I may be one of the few who quite like it), they have a massive wonky impedence going over the rated 600ohms at various frequencies. No dampening inside though, think of the DT880 Prem 600ohm but a notch better.

The Sony SA3/5K have a larger soundstage than the T1's.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #59 of 160
Listening to them on a Musical Paradise MP301 MK3-->foobar2000----->FA011LE and they sound great with Daft Punk,s new album.

Very musical with good bass impact and a very natural timbre for the guitars and the mids a bit forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back