Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread
Apr 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #107 of 160
  They're 160 ohm vs 120 ohm for the regular LEs (IIRC) and the taste in sound signatures in Japan could lead to a different sound if they're tuned specifically for that market.

Don't go telling us that, now I want to hear them too.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Just checked, the regular LEs are 160 ohm but I guess they could still be tuned differently.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #111 of 160
Has anyone tried swapping out the headband completely on these (or the regular version)? One of the plastics on the headband broke on mine just like it did on my regular version but l managed to fix it with superglue for now. Luckily I ordered one spare headband from Fischer Audio when I bought these but it's just a matter of time before I will have to use it. The headband is definetily the weakest part of these (they really should have changed it or at least replaced the plastic parts with metal) which made me start thinking if the cups could be moved to a completely different headband. I was thinking of something in the line with what Meze 88 Classic or ATH-A700X uses. You would of course need to find something that fits but that's why I'm asking if anyone has tried doing anything like this before.

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #113 of 160
Not me, I'm afraid. The closest I got was earpads :wink:

Which part broke?

The same part as in this post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end/2070#post_11188517 but differently. The plastic "tube" that the screw goes into to hold the two pieces together broke off from the other side.

Did you happen find any good replacement earpads? The original LE pads are a little too shallow for me so I'm still using the pads from my regular FA-011 (I've had to wash them quite a few times
biggrin.gif
).

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #114 of 160

The same part as in this post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end/2070#post_11188517 but differently. The plastic "tube" that the screw goes into to hold the two pieces together broke off from the other side.

Did you happen find any good replacement earpads? The original LE pads are a little too shallow for me so I'm still using the pads from my regular FA-011 (I've had to wash them quite a few times
biggrin.gif
).

If you have a whole new headband, replacing broken plastic part is not difficult.

Step 1.
Unscrew the 3 screw.

Step 2.
Lift the upper part.
Now you can get the part A of the headband.

Step 3.
Remove the bolt on a broken plastic part. (part B)

Step 4.
Lift the upper part.

Step 5.
Move the plastic part away.

Step 6.
Remove the item from headband and replace it with a new one.

Step 7.
Assemble parts together.

Sincerely, Kennerton Team.

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #115 of 160
  If you have a whole new headband, replacing broken plastic part is not difficult.

Step 1.
Unscrew the 3 screw.

Step 2.
Lift the upper part.
Now you can get the part A of the headband.

Step 3.
Remove the bolt on a broken plastic part. (part B)

Step 4.
Lift the upper part.

Step 5.
Move the plastic part away.

Step 6.
Remove the item from headband and replace it with a new one.

Step 7.
Assemble parts together.

Thank you but I'm well aware on how to disassemble the headband as that is what I did to repare it. Reason why I didn't just replace it with the spare one is that I want to maximize the lifetime of them.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #116 of 160

Thank you but I'm well aware on how to disassemble the headband as that is what I did to repare it. Reason why I didn't just replace it with the spare one is that I want to maximize the lifetime of them.

Ah, ok.
Good luck!

Your case is unique. 
Until that day, our models did not have such breakdowns.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #117 of 160
Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the screws used to hold the headband on or a source for replacements?  Both mine and my daughters pair have had the little screws fall out so now we can't really use them until we can find replacement screws. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #118 of 160
  Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the screws used to hold the headband on or a source for replacements?  Both mine and my daughters pair have had the little screws fall out so now we can't really use them until we can find replacement screws. 

Best bet is to PM 
  1. "Kennerton Team"

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #119 of 160

Please show photos of your headphones.
We use various screws and we want to understand about what exactly is at stake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back