Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #137 of 160

Hi Matt, your order was shipped out last week. Our site indication just shows "processing" until you get it.
We also sent you an email with tracking number, please check spam folder.

Thanks much for the update.  I did get the email with the tracking number and I appreciate you sending that along.  I look forward to hearing the fa-011's when they arrive.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #138 of 160
I just wanted to pop in to the thread and say that I received my fa-011's today!  I've just now sat down to start listening to them but I am already thrilled with what I see and hear.  I dig the presentation and the look but it's the sound that really has me grinning.  This is my first experience with Fischer Audio and up until a month or so ago I hadn't even heard of them.  As I began to search for an open backed headphone with strong bass I saw someone mention the fa-011 and started to do some research.  At this moment, I am extremely glad I did!

Nice job, Fischer Audio!  These are most excellent considering the asking price. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #139 of 160
So I have been really enjoying my fa-011's for the past month and have really gotten to know them well.  I think at this point the only thing I might like to change is the earpads.  I find the stock earpads to be just a little bit hard and scratchy feeling and am wondering if there might be a recommended aftermarket upgrade option.

For reference I am currently demo'ing the Beyerdynamic DT770 and the velour pads on it are extremely comfortable (although I like the sound on the fa-011's much, much better).  If I could put a pad like the DT770's on the fa-011's then that would be just about ideal.

Has anyone tried any other pads on the fa-011 besides the stock units?

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #140 of 160
Finding pads for the FA-011 can be tricky. This is due to how they fit. The driver section protrude a bit from the lip insert area. Beyer pads might be difficult to fit because Beyer pads has very shallow lips and might not fit well. (At least pads for DT1770).

After trial-and-errors with many pads, I successfully changed FA-003 pleather pads. It changed the sound signature a bit (become even bossier, due to better seal). It improves comfort a hell lot though.

I'm also looking forward to try some of the velour pads. If I could find ones that fit......

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #142 of 160
No. I tried to fit a few Beyer pads but they won't fit.

Beyer pads usually have very small/short insert lip. FA-011 needs bigger lip.

In the photo, those are FA-003 pads. They are oval and I had to force strectching them quite a bit. They are very comfortable though.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #143 of 160
I haven't tried FA-003 velour pads but I'm not a fan of them.

IMHO, Fischer Audio doesn't really get velour pads right. (I have most of their headphones and never found their velour pads comfortable).

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #144 of 160
The fa-011 pads aren't a deal breaker for me but if I had the option of an easy upgrade I would take it.  They are velour but a little bit on the scratchy and hard side as compared to something like the Beyer velour pads.  

The fa-011 pads don't make me want to get rid of the headphone and they wouldn't stop me from recommending it to someone but as I said, if I had an easy upgrade option (like the alternate Focus pads on the Hifiman stuff) I would go for it.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #145 of 160
No. Not a deal killer. Could be more comfortable nonetheless. The only Fischer Audio velour pads that are comfortable for me are those on FA-011 LTE (not the 10th Anni, the LTE before). I was kinda disappointed that FA changed the pads back to normal FA-011 pads instead of LTE pads.

(I do own FA-011, FA-011 LTE, and FA-011 10th Anni ... this is one of my favorite headphones, especially for the price of the normal edition, it is a bargain).

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #149 of 160
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #150 of 160
Yikes, As you can tell, I'm a noob and I feel silly.

Had to look up inter connect cables. But really the picture I was soo focused on should have gave me a clue. (Doesn't have 2 mini xlr connectors at the same end)

=P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back