Fischer Audio FA-003Ti official announce.
Jun 3, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #167 of 182
Giving the FA-003 Ti much needed love with Bog Oak Limited Edition Japan wood cups

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #168 of 182
  Giving the FA-003 Ti much needed love with Bog Oak Limited Edition Japan wood cups

any impressions? its weird how JDS LABS is selling them but there are no impressions of them anywhere. Thanks!

A comparison to the other woodies you have in your signature would be great!!

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #169 of 182
  any impressions? its weird how JDS LABS is selling them but there are no impressions of them anywhere. Thanks!

A comparison to the other woodies you have in your signature would be great!!

Stock wise, they sound like HD600 with a slightly more narrow sound stage and leaner bass presence. Although the highs are more refined in my opinion over HD600. My pair has been slightly mod to increase the bass presence on par with the HD650. 

It is weird that you mention JDS LABS sells them as I didn't even know they sell headphones to start with.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #170 of 182
Hi everybody. I know this thread has been dormant for a few months but I figured I'd give it a shot and hope for some help. I have owned two Fischer Audio headphones and I keep having the same problem.  I previously owned the FA-003 and I now have the FA-003ti since Feb. 2014. They both have great quality sound quality, but part of the headband on both headphones have broken on me. It seems as if the headbands have a design flaw that dictates it will eventually break.  The same parts that keeps breaking are the plastic clips labeled L and R that hold together the steel frame of the cups. They have slowly begun to break due to the pressure of having the headband pulled around the head.  It has gotten to the point that my original FA-003 broke off completely rendering it unusable. My current FA-003Ti isn't far behind. I don't have permission to post photos yet so I'll try to upload some to hosting site. Instead of having to buy a completely new headband from the official site, for $88 plus shipping mind you, is there a way to buy just the L and R plastic clips that I need? If anybody here has any intel I would greatly appreciate it!

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #171 of 182
  Hi everybody. I know this thread has been dormant for a few months but I figured I'd give it a shot and hope for some help. I have owned two Fischer Audio headphones and I keep having the same problem.  I previously owned the FA-003 and I now have the FA-003ti since Feb. 2014. They both have great quality sound quality, but part of the headband on both headphones have broken on me. It seems as if the headbands have a design flaw that dictates it will eventually break.  The same parts that keeps breaking are the plastic clips labeled L and R that hold together the steel frame of the cups. They have slowly begun to break due to the pressure of having the headband pulled around the head.  It has gotten to the point that my original FA-003 broke off completely rendering it unusable. My current FA-003Ti isn't far behind. I don't have permission to post photos yet so I'll try to upload some to hosting site. Instead of having to buy a completely new headband from the official site, for $88 plus shipping mind you, is there a way to buy just the L and R plastic clips that I need? If anybody here has any intel I would greatly appreciate it!

I'll wait for you to post photo before I can comment further.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #175 of 182
  Are you sure that this particular epoxy will work? Because I tried three different epoxies with the first headband and none of them worked due to the fact that it is d@!m hard to fix plastic.

My bad here is the correct link
http://www.selleys.com.au/adhesives/household-adhesive/quick-fix-adhesive/plastics-glue/

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #176 of 182
Sorry but I don't think epoxy is the answer. After doing some research I have read that epoxy will only be a very temporary solution due to the fact that this part of the headphone endures the most tension. Others who have tried it with the same problem as me say that they have been lucky to get a week out of it before it breaks again.

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #177 of 182
Hi guys =)

I'm selling a pair of wooden cups. 

rock on!!!

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #178 of 182
Use stainless steel zip ties around area where is the crack and it will keep it strong and secure.
Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL-BLACK-COATED-METAL-CABLE-TIES-TIE-ZIP-WRAP-EXHAUST-HEAT-STRAPS-/361424133984?var=630784615587&hash=item54268e9f60:m:msadtIGGhJsBvpdxGTjrLFg

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #179 of 182
Thanks for the suggestion jadran86 but the part that is broken can't be held together by zip ties, even steel ones. I have already tried that and all that keeps happening is the just slide right off due to where the crack is.

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #180 of 182
Many people still using these headphones?

I have a pair with Hornbeam cups, I also hardwired my Forza Claire MKII HPC cable to them. I was using genuine leather pads, but bought some HM5 angled pads and prefer those.

These headphone are so refined and everything is there. They are beautiful too, I shall try and get some shots of them at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back