Fischer Audio Eterna - holy crap
Sep 9, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #61 of 96
Is it really necessary that your iems drown out everything completely?  the closer to 100% isolation the more dangerous things could get for you in a physical sense lol.  I mean, there have been countless times where I am on a bus or loud area with buds and they isolated so well, i walked right into a dangerous spot and everyone was yelling at me to stop stop stop!!!! or i was trailing a piece of toilet paper or my zipper was down.  That type of thing really scares me, not being able to hear someone call for help, or a loud noise in the house that would imply someone got hurt or fell.  

so, i try to avoid absolute isolation, but the eterna are nothing special, they isolate just like any normal iem would.  Just get some monster super tips or something if you are that worried about improving isolation over the stock tips, which are just fine for isolation >.>

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #62 of 96
My role @ work has just changed, and I will be taking flights more often - that is the primary reason I'm after isolation. I hate screaming children on planes, and they are ALWAYS on the plane and ALWAYS near me. When I'm at work I have K701's and when I'm at home I have DT880's, so no problems hearing warnings etc.
Thanks for all responses regarding isolation :)

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #64 of 96
I mean, once the music starts playing on most any iem model, you wont hear much that is going on around you so specifically looking for something that claims super isolation is really a waste of time as it totally depends on what tips you are using if its an iem or what earpads you are using on full size.

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #65 of 96
It also depends on how loud you want to be listening to them.  Something like an aircraft is not very quiet at all.  I'll agree that there isn't a significant difference between good isolate and excellent isolation once you have music playing, but the noise floor will be different between the two.  The quieter option will let you listen to the audio at a lower level.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #67 of 96

Quote:
I mean, once the music starts playing on most any iem model, you wont hear much that is going on around you so specifically looking for something that claims super isolation is really a waste of time as it totally depends on what tips you are using if its an iem or what earpads you are using on full size.

That is not true. There are certain earphones that meet my isolation requirements and this one is not and it's not a waste of time. I can hear a good amount of what is going on when I have music on as well. I do not listen at high volumes and the outside noises are usually very loud. I don't use these often but when I do it's usually in a quiet environment.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #68 of 96
Well thats scary and I feel bad for you having to deal with unnatural and possibly damaging volumes of noise around you all the time.  For us normal people, its a waste of time to look for super duper ultra isolation which almost always ends up being incredibly uncomfortable, having to use double and triple flange tips, or weird shaped small tube types that stick inside your ear canal as far as possible just to get that level of isolation needed.

I mean saying its not true based solely on the fact that you specifically listen to your music at low levels in areas where the environment is loud just makes no sense lol.  So, for your sake im sure this is true, but the stock tips on the Eterna provide a good amount of isolation when listening at normal levels.  There is no debating that.  The double flange tips create a great seal and are very soft and pliable allowing for an even better seal than harder double flanges that are common.  

err.....ya
:)

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #69 of 96
I guess for other it might not be as much of a requirement but for some reason the trains here are pretty loud. It's probably due to the tracks and the wheels sound like they are grinding and there are lots of people in the trains. Also lots of times there someone playing music really loud through their buds where if I pause the song I can hear it with my earphones on which is the really scary thing. That's how loud someone has to play their buds to hear their music at a decent level.

I use triple flanges from Monster so it's not too bad but less would not be preferred in my case. my RE-Zero surprisingly has a bit better so I use those most of the time. I also prefer their signature but that's another story.

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #70 of 96
Yea, I agree.  Not trying to brag or anything as I aspire to be a mini liljoker and rawster in my own respect, but I work in a high volume environment every day and my Eterna stock double flange and single provide more than enough isolation to drown out a solid 70% of all noise around me

I used them every day since they came out as my main set of work IEMs.  So, I will defend their isolation capabilities to the death lol.  They do a good job of isolation, not a great job.  And certainly not good enough for super high volume areas.  :)

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #72 of 96

Quote:
Hallo mvw2 :)
Do they fit in ear like the s4? do they block external sound? do they work well in bus and train?
thanks

They are over the ear like the S4 but the housing is a little bit bigger. They can work on the bus and the train. I think for most people their isolation shouldn't be a problem but I do use triple flanges and never tried the stock tips that I have.

Quote:
Yea, I agree.  Not trying to brag or anything as I aspire to be a mini liljoker and rawster in my own respect, but I work in a high volume environment every day and my Eterna stock double flange and single provide more than enough isolation to drown out a solid 70% of all noise around me

lol..what does that mean? :p

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #73 of 96
clearly it means your awesome rawr! and that you are worthy of being emulated

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #75 of 96

Quote:
clearly it means your awesome rawr! and that you are worthy of being emulated

Worthy but costly 
wink_face.gif
 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back