Fischer Audio Eterna, Head-direct Earphones IEM, Soundmagic In Europe
May 14, 2010 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mcnoiserdc

1000+ Head-Fier

In Europe you can buy Fischer audio eterna, head-direct earphones, and soundmagic from zococity.es
They say they ship only to spain, but if you e-mail them they will provide shipping for you... I bought my head direct re0 from them.
I created this thread, as I was looking everywhere for these headphones and could only find them in this site. I am in now way affiliated to them.
If you live in the EU like me, buying from them is secure as there are no risks of customs and they do good prices.

May 15, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 18
I agree, the prices on RE0 and SoundMagic are very reasonable. The price on FA Eterna isn't though. Comparing it with the price on bugden audio it will cost ~15€ more to buy from zococity. 

May 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
I agree, the prices on RE0 and SoundMagic are very reasonable. The price on FA Eterna isn't though. Comparing it with the price on bugden audio it will cost ~15€ more to buy from zococity. 

would you risk buying from Canada because of those 15 euros??

May 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 18
ABSOLUTELY! 15€ is alot of money, specially when we're talking about a product that costs 55! And i bet it would be faster ordering from the US. The Meelec M6 took only 4 days from the US to Portugal.

Quote:
would you risk buying from Canada because of those 15 euros??

May 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 18
well this store is in Spain, not HONG KONG

It is a risk because custom can catch you at any time, you just never no.

May 16, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 18
You know, ask for package underdeclarence and you shall receive. Canada Post is quite fast to most places in my experience, and I've never had anything lost. I'm not sure why being Canada based is a risk to be honest. We have a reliable postal system, stable government, the most stable banks in the world, really not the place I would expect to be a risk. I'm saying this as a Canadian, not as a business owner. I don't want to go on a rant, but I love my country and in relation to most other places in the world, we really have nothing wrong in our country. If buying from the US isn't a risk to you then buying from Canada shouldn't be either. Nothing against Spain or anyone else, but I just don't see how buying from Spain is less of a risk than North America.

May 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 18
id take it the angle hes getting at is spain to portugal, no customs and less scope for the post to loose it as not so far to go.  also as in the EU if it never showed up ho would have a legal recourse.  if the canadian one didnt and for some reason told him to go f himself then he would be able to do nothing about it.

oh and a personal note, my experiences with the canadian postal system.  paid for airmail and had the receipt to prove it.  they decided to stick it surface anyway and it took months to arrive.

May 16, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #10 of 18
I have no problems whatsoever ordering from Canada, US, Hong Kong or any other place (when talking about small items of fairly small value). I've ordered quite some stuff from an online gaming store in Canada and never had any problem with them for example.

I try to get the best price and while Zococity has excelent deals on some IEMs and even players (the cowon S9 is very cheap compared to other places available to where i live) their pricing on the FA Eterna is a little odd. I'm probably going to order from bugden

May 16, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #11 of 18
I am based in Germany and ordered twice from Head-Direct. Items arrived after 5 days and customs did not bother to open. Apparently item and packaging looked cheap enough. Up to €22 is tax free.

Head-direct's nominal shipping charge to Europe was $10. For comparison and according to stamps on the envelope, Headphonia's Arrow shipped for $2 overnight. 

May 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 18

id take it the angle hes getting at is spain to portugal, no customs and less scope for the post to loose it as not so far to go.  also as in the EU if it never showed up ho would have a legal recourse.  if the canadian one didnt and for some reason told him to go f himself then he would be able to do nothing about it.

oh and a personal note, my experiences with the canadian postal system.  paid for airmail and had the receipt to prove it.  they decided to stick it surface anyway and it took months to arrive.

You also have PayPal protection, depending on who you buy from. Who decided to send it surface, Canada Post or the seller? If it's the seller, then you can't really blame Canada Post for it IMO. I don't know the circumstances, but I doubt Canada Post would simply ship something surface when airmail was paid for unless there was something like the ash issue. I know it's never happened to me.

May 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
You know, ask for package underdeclarence and you shall receive. Canada Post is quite fast to most places in my experience, and I've never had anything lost. I'm not sure why being Canada based is a risk to be honest. We have a reliable postal system, stable government, the most stable banks in the world, really not the place I would expect to be a risk. I'm saying this as a Canadian, not as a business owner. I don't want to go on a rant, but I love my country and in relation to most other places in the world, we really have nothing wrong in our country. If buying from the US isn't a risk to you then buying from Canada shouldn't be either. Nothing against Spain or anyone else, but I just don't see how buying from Spain is less of a risk than North America.

It is not about canada, In my case it is about portugal! Because they are so greedy to charge taxes that they charge taxes even to gifts sometimes. that is the risk  I was talking about. With things below 22 euros there is no problem. 
And if people from canada can underdeclare it is less riskier, but it is still because somethings they make estimates instead of declaration if they wish.
well Silva may not have had any problems, but I have been paying taxes here and there, even with gifts-

May 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #14 of 18
Yeap, there is a chance of it happening (and when it does its ALOT of money..) but i've been lucky up untill now. I buy pretty much everything online (mostly from the UK though). You have to know if the package is going to be big or small... With small packages they dont even bother opening them. Hifiman is a small package, M6 comes in a small package also. I have no idea about the size on the Eterna, probably its bigger than those 2.

May 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #15 of 18
I don't know about that seller, but my boxes I use for Eterna are 21cm l x 16cm w x 9cm h. Still small, but not as small as an RE0 box, because the Eterna's box is bigger and this is the smallest box I could find that would fit the Eterna. It's close to exact length and width wise, and holds up to 3 Eterna (or other IEM in same box size) stacked.

Canada too nails you for a lot of things on import, and anything over $20 is succeptable. Most of the time you'll get lucky and you won't get nailed, but sometimes you do. The duty isn't outrageous however if you use normal post. UPS is awful for brokerage fees in Canada, my friend paid $50 duty/brokerage fees on a $50 item once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back