Fischer Amps FA-4E XB vs Senn IE8
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fnb1

Head-Fier
Hello

Has anyone heard both of these in-ears? I have the IE8 now, but would love som more sparkle in the treble and more details. Would it be an upgrade to get the Fischer's? 
I listen to a wide range of music, and wouldnt want to miss a lot of bass and the big soundstage like the IE8 has gotten. But would also be nice to have a bit less midbass. I will be using my Fiio X3 as a source and FLAC files.

Best regards Frank

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi Frank, 

Ask in the thread below, some members have owned/tried both before:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-rhapsody-series-3-4-5-drivers-upcoming

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello

Has anyone heard both of these in-ears? I have the IE8 now, but would love som more sparkle in the treble and more details. Would it be an upgrade to get the Fischer's? 
I listen to a wide range of music, and wouldnt want to miss a lot of bass and the big soundstage like the IE8 has gotten. But would also be nice to have a bit less midbass. I will be using my Fiio X3 as a source and FLAC files.

Best regards Frank

I presently own both. For those in this predicament, yes, absolutely, the FA'S would be an ideal upgrade from the ie8's. The sound is much cleaner with more detail and separation. Ie's would be more warm while the FA'S are a bit more analytical. That is not to say they aren't tons of fun, though. They're one of the best values you can find and have something for everyone; consumer and audiophile alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back