Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #213 of 2,161
Quote:
Just come for the beer then! :D

THAT´S an argument .. ! Afterwards some meaningless A/B-ing .. 
biggrin.gif

Ok, I´ll have to check it seriously .. it´s not a stone´s throw away .. but this is a point of view ... 
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Desirable to listen: the HE-5LE (not yet listed) and of course all the hope-not-so-tempting IEM-stuff ... 
evil_smiley.gif

@Kurdt-bada: it´s nice to see that the Fischer Amps gets the well-deserved audience.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #214 of 2,161
You are right best choice price-quality i've ever made on an iem 3 years of warranty included,the only bad thing is that the fa lyrics sticked soon fall of the body of the fischers did you lose yours? Construction is pretty solid though

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #217 of 2,161
Quote:
the only bad thing is that the fa lyrics sticked soon fall of the body of the fischers did you lose yours? Construction is pretty solid though

It happens to mine also. I´ve tried several tips and did some comparisons with them suddenly my fingers getting gluey and the A of the FA logo sticks on my fingers .. 
rolleyes.gif

The stickers are more gimmick .. Jochen Fischer should spare this and leave the shell blank like the old FAs .... or make some significant laser printing .. 
wink.gif

Construction is solid over all - a more important factor for me is the suberb long term comfort and the first IEM which gives me the possibility to sleep on side.

Quote:
@Burton: How about I send you my SD3 and afterwards you loan me the FA4 for a few days? :D

Thanks for your offer but I had the SD-3 already for over three weeks and that was enough for my "investigations" .. 
smile.gif

Unfortunately you sold your SD-2 ... 
frown.gif

At the moment I can´t live without my blue "gummi bears" ... 
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #219 of 2,161
Quote:

The stickers are more gimmick .. Jochen Fischer should spare this and leave the shell blank like the old FAs .... or make some significant laser printing .. 
wink.gif

I actually quite like the fact the stickers will come off because I prefer more plain/clean-looking shells—certainly the grey ones, which I have, would look even nicer.

Quote:
Construction is solid over all - a more important factor for me is the suberb long term comfort and the first IEM which gives me the possibility to sleep on side.

Yes, this is a supremely comfortable IEM, and the only one that really, fully allows me to sleep on me side (not something that I'd do, anyway, but the option is certainly there). I'm sure more people would have comfort / fit issues with the SD2/SD3 than with the FA-4s.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #220 of 2,161
Quote:

Yes, but I bought them again. :D

I sold them to invest into a Stage 3 but with my customization options I couldn't really justify to jump past 1.000 €. So I'm back with SD2 for now. :wink:

Oh .. wow, that are some really weird news ... you mean customization of sound signature? Have you talked with Felix? 

I´m really glad that I don´t need customization anyway ... after testing a lot of tips for the FA-4 I prefer for a perfect fit and seal the olive form silicone tips in M and the double-flanges from audiosound also the original included comply tips in M for a slightly warmer sounding. With silicone tips it´s getting more crisper with a dryer bass and highs are more superficial but mids went minimal backseated. 

So I have the choice between two different signatures. Actually I prefer for pop/rock the t500 foamies - the sounding appears alike a intersection of HE-400 & HE-500. 
Strong bass fundament (HE-400 & 500), warm but never offensive mids (HE-500) and sparkly highs without sibilants (between the two Hifimen - rather like HE-500).

Quote:
 I'm sure more people would have comfort / fit issues with the SD2/SD3 than with the FA-4s.

The SDs are pretty comfortable too. And with the full concha design you have a really strong fit (e.g. for stage musicians) better than the FA E.
But on the other hand it´s possible that some outer edges can thouch your concha which after a while can be annoying. 
The FA has over all a little more circular clearance with a flat top.

I think is really hard to find some fit/comfort issues on the FA-4 E.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #221 of 2,161

Mrhizzo said his left ear had terrible pain with the amps!!?? He sold them he expected better sound also and he finally bought the heir 5.0 but is still waiting for them, while i like these blue gummi bears a lot... Agree these are ultra comfortable, im using custom tips and the combination isolation-comfort-sound is awesome this tips make the others sound bad! There is a significant step in sq with custom tips in my case

I like the fa lyrics :frowning2:

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #223 of 2,161
Quote:
Sect44 how is been your experience with the fa 4e along these days apart from your first impressions?

I'm waiting for this as well. I am very interested to hear his take on the Ck100PRO vs the Fischers.

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #224 of 2,161
Cecala you are a patient guy! when i had the money i went for the fa that day hehe, first whith the fa 3e xb which in my opinion offer at least the 90% of the fa 4e, the fa 4e have wider soundstage and a bit better mids and highs with a bit better separation but you can get a pair of fa 3e xb not the universal custom version for 250 euros and the 3 years of warranty. I think they are a great deal for the price they sound without any doubt to me better than the um3x or the sm3 and have the advantage of sound more natural than the fa 4e due to the one driver for the mids highs and 2way crossover? (In the box says 3 way)

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #225 of 2,161
Quote:
I'm waiting for this as well. I am very interested to hear his take on the Ck100PRO vs the Fischers.

I'm willing to bet Mr Cecala's chances of getting a pair of FA4s are currently roughly 143:1 regardless of what Sect44 might say — well, okay, I'll admit chances would then be 142:1 if they're favourable towards the FA4s.

Hope Mr Cecala does not take offence. (I'm quite aware Mr Cecala, like most people, cannot easily afford the luxury of buying any and every new IEM people rave about / hype on these boards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back