Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #226 of 2,161
Me too i can afford a good iem every 2 years more or less. it's that i've read the reviews of the amps on a german forum and liked not only what i read about the sound, i liked also the design and the fact that i could get them through thomann avoiding customs and the plus of 3 years of warranty. So i had the heartbeat that these were going to be my new iems, and i really loved the fa 3e xb so i asked jochen fischer telling him that i saw 2 weeks later the fa 4e xb on sale and he let me send my used fa 3e xb and upgrade to the fa 4e xb paying the difference which is great. Sorry if you misunderstood what i was trying to say i didn't want to mean hey expend your money now on this!

Hope Cecala have his ck100pro vs fa4e xb soon, i will like to read it too!

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #227 of 2,161
Yes, but Mr Krtd-bada is nor Mr Cecala, and Mr Cecala is not Mr Kurdt-bada.

My guess is Mr Cecala would not enjoy the FA4s that much, or alternatively expressed, I don't think the FA4s are for Mr Cecala. Why? An educated guess. And no, I won't elaborate.

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #229 of 2,161
This is most encouraging. I want extended highs with some sparkle and no roll-off and deep bass with no extreme boost. The IE8's had that massive soundstage that I love although the rest was Ka-Ka. I don't understand how so many people like them.(Maybe it's the age difference).
Kurdt-bada, can you expand on the quality of the iems, I must admit from the photos they don't exude quality at all.

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #230 of 2,161
Okay, then, I'll say this again: My guess is Mr Cecala would not enjoy the FA4s that much, or alternatively expressed, I don't think the FA4s are for Mr Cecala. Why? An educated guess. And no, I won't elaborate.

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #231 of 2,161
Wow, all this attention - I'm honoured. The fischers sound (no pun intended) like what I'm after except for that very slight mid band boost or movement into the mids. I'm sure it's very minor and in the end could be adjusted with EQ by 2db or so. It's just that I don't want to be stung again like I did with the IE8s, all bass and very little else. In a nutshell I idealy would like a neutral presentation with body and the potential for deep bass when called upon.
Otherwise these phones have everything else going for them: Extended highs, isolation, quality contrustion, made in Germany, comfort, soundstage, bass, blue colour and lastly a good value to asking price.

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #232 of 2,161
Hehe

To me the fa is what you are looking for from your words, but my experience is limited on iems, as you can see guys like music said the amps are a bit V shaped so maybe that neutral with body and deep bass...i guess these aren't neutral from the opinion of others.. But i don't find the mids to be recessed to call them V shape-sounding iems, in my opinion the frequencies are balanced, there is plenty of detail, very well extended highs and great bass, the mids are present as well with a touch of warm and very good transparency these are fun sure, but they don't sacrifice detail and balance

A friend of us from Spain told us the w4 aren't so different than the fa if he add +1 bass and +1 highs on his x3

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #233 of 2,161
I'm pretty much decided on these phones although would like to hear from sect44 when he's ready.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #234 of 2,161
sect44, please DO NOT post! We don't want to turn this thread into another fanboy thread! And, if you feel you really must post and say something, please say the CK100 Pros wipe the floor with the FA4s (or words to that effect).

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #235 of 2,161
Cecala is asking for something which fit what he explained before, i think the amps fit well that words that's all. My argument is above.

Please music explain Cecala why the fa aren't for him instead of...we will be pleased and it will certainly open our eyes due tou your vast experience

We don't want a fanboy thread for sure... but to me the amps are better than my other iems, maybe sect44 think the ck100 pro whipe the fa floor while you think the akg3003 are the best universals and are technically and sonically better than the fa and you think the sm3 are awful while i didn't.

a matter of subjective and objective things after all, i respect all of them; but if we don't try to explain with our own words how Cecala will know more or less how the fa or the ck100 pro sound, before buying. Im trying to help that's all and and it's a bit frustrating that others no-one think the opposite

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #236 of 2,161
"You cannot fight here gentlemen, this is the war room"

Line from Dr. Strangelove

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #237 of 2,161
In defence of music_4321, cecla's posts read like someone who has convinced themselves of something and are now looking for someone else to confirm what they already think. When it gets to that point it is a bit pointless posting online. Just arrange a personal demo

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #239 of 2,161
Quote:
Is it just me or does the new Lear 4 ba universal look very similar?

Yes, they do look quite similar.

FWIW, though, I'm not a fan of those Shure-like (MMCX) connectors (hated them on the SE535 & SE215), but they seem to be becoming the new standard as evidenced by the new Westone UM series announced only a few days ago. Wonder if those Lear & new Westone connectors will be as fiddly as the Shure's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back