Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #196 of 2,161
Carlsan i tried the low frequencies video with the amps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSkH45nGuM8

I can hear everything from the start to finnish, each frequency was rendered with the same detail at a normal volume don't know if this means something. thanks for show me that

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #197 of 2,161
Happy to hear that sect44! By the way which colour did you choose?

Not the blue one.. :) Listening right now and guess is more detailed than I thought and bass not so bassy although some may find it too much.
Once again I have to agree with music, this is a great all rounder phone. It drives all kinds of music pretty well although mids may be a little recessed but not enough to call it V shaped.
I compared to the IE80 because upon first listening I just remembered it due to similar sound signature, but I'd say its an upgrade.

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #198 of 2,161
Did you try them with the comply tips in medium?

I find their sound the most clear and detailed of my iem collection while their signature keeps more fun or v-shaped than any of those! I think this is great

Tried the tips included in the package, back to my custom tips... man these tips really improve the sound a LOT :D maybe I'm lucky i ve heard bad experiences with this kind of tips though, but after tried 4 after market cables i'd say custom tips are a much better upgrade...sorry for the offtopic :wink:

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #199 of 2,161
Quote:
Carlsan i tried the low frequencies video with the amps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSkH45nGuM8

I can hear everything from the start to finnish, each frequency was rendered with the same detail at a normal volume don't know if this means something. thanks for show me that

Even 2hz? C'mon. These phones must be super or you have super hearing or both.
blink.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #200 of 2,161
Quote:
Well, my FA - 4 just arrived and didn't have time to do a more detailed listening, but my first impression is it seems like an improved IE80 with excellent soundstage, more opened and bright, better highs (never sibilant ou harsh) and sealing. Bass is strong (not like IE80, but pronounced) and how comfortable they are, similar to UE900, maybe better.
Overall, a very good phone. 
More to follow...

Since you have all these at your disposal:
  IE800, UE900, CK100PRO, WESTONE 4R, PFE232, SE535LTD, Sony MDR-7550
Finally someone who has the CK100PRO
You must simply compare when ready.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #203 of 2,161
I'm surprised to find this popular thread on the FA-4E XB. I got to audition them before they launched on the same day I got to try out the StageDiver 3.

Back then, I would have sworn that the majority of head-fi would prefer the SD3 over FA4. I did some quick comparison only, but the SD3 immediately sounded much bigger in soundstage. I consider both "fun-phones" with a non-linear sound sig, but especially the realism of voices left me way more impressed with the StageDiver.
I wrote down on my notebook that FA4 has a presence peak that bothered me a bit. I also wrote that it sounds extremely similar to 3 XB with some better separation and a bit more air. So if you've heard the FA3 XB you know exactly what to expect.
I'm not sure when Fischer Amps started rolling out the orders, but they may have refined their demo unit from April. (The same graph on the package was handed out back then already though.)

Fischer Amps wowed me with the FA3 last year. A very good IEM that nobody cared for on head-fi (hence I'm surprised by the popularity of FA4). I do think the SD2 covers the warmish-neutral ground better, though.
I am looking forward to revisit the FA4 next month and have a closer listen between SD3 and FA.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #204 of 2,161
Hi ultrazino we talked some time ago! the fa 4e were available at the end of june that's when jochen let me upgrade from my fa 3e xb paying 50 euros. I'd say they share the same sound but the fa 4e highs reach higher there is more detail in mids and highs and separation-soundstage are better, bass is the same. But sound very similar after all

I find the soundstage on the fa 4e very wide so if the sd3 sound much bigger they should sound much bigger than the ex1000 also, because the fa 4e are very close in that regard to the ex1000.

There is a comparation between the sd3 and the fa 4e by burtonchell in the first page and a comparation by music4321 with the sd2 and it seems both prefered the fa 4e, let's see when you revisit them anyway

Never listened to the fa 3e though the fa 3e xb were excellent in my opinion

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #205 of 2,161
Quote:
There is a comparation between the sd3 and the fa 4e by burtonchell in the first page and a comparation by music4321 with the sd2 and it seems both prefered the fa 4e, let's see when you revisit them anyway

I know, and I'm saying I have my own impressions. :wink: This is not a competition. FA4 vs SD3 is easily decided by how much bass you want - or how much you can endure.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #207 of 2,161
Quote:
Hope i could listen to the sd3 someday
smily_headphones1.gif
agree your opinion is as valid as the others

Carlsan also have the sd3 and it's going to receive the fa 4e soon if he didn't receive them yet

Still waiting...
frown.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #208 of 2,161
Quote:
but the SD3 immediately sounded much bigger in soundstage

the realism of voices left me way more impressed with the StageDiver

Hi Ultrazino .. 
beerchug.gif

SD-3 sounds truly bigger in soundstage, IMO a effect of the tremendous amount of sub bass. By reducing the lower frequency at 180 Hz with -12 dB (wide-banded) the sound of the SD-3 lost it´s depth but sound signature gets much more clearer. Beforehand the highs suffocate under the forceful low frequencies and too warm meddlesome mids for me (female voices and violins sounds too dark coloured).

Of course, a matter of choice. 

This is not a competition. FA4 vs SD3 is easily decided by how much bass you want - or how much you can endure.

Confirmed.
From less to more: FA-3 E --> SD-2 --> FA-3/4 E XB --> SD-3

Originally Posted by Ultrazino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wrote down on my notebook that FA4 has a presence peak that bothered me a bit.
I am looking forward to revisit the FA4 next month and have a closer listen between SD3 and FA.

I´m very curious on that revisiting because your listenting test on the FA-4 was a short one on a fair i think. 

Overall a gratifying fact that In-Ear with the StageDivers and Jochen Fischer with the Fischer Amps has so highly refined IEMs from germany which are serious competitors to the familiar brands of IEMing.

In my case the FA-4 E XB has got my sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back