Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,041 of 2,161
i think i am having problem with the big nozzel. the only foam tip that fits is the comply, yet i don't like the sound of it.

the most balanced in terms of comfort, fit and sound is the sony hybrid. i could not find anywhere selling the stock ue tips, is that out for separate purchase? and the spinfit, the fit is perfect, but the isolation is so poor. most other silicone tips i tried feel too big in the canal to be comfortable for long time use. the nozzel already takes up too much space to have a good isolation, esp. for people that has narrower canals like myself.

i am considering reshelling it because i love the sound coming out. but i am very worried that if the bore needs to be shrink a little bit, it would affect the sound.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,043 of 2,161
Guys,  I've reshelled my fa4e. Couldn't get a great fit. The should arrive within weeks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,045 of 2,161
I could not find anywhere selling the stock ue tips, is that out for separate purchase?

You can order a full set of UE tips from http://support.logitech.com/en_us/parts. Check the accessories list. Really cheap too, just 10 dollars per set :) I use those with my FA Rhapsody prototype.

I wonder if the new FA IEM lineup is finally being released soon? There was a lot of talk about it here several months ago, but then everything went silent. Nothing on Thomann yet either. I got my FA4 upgraded back then. Just emailed them and offered to pay for parts/work; didn't expect them to agree to it, but they did. Amazing customer service :) Since they didn't release the IEM  I guess there have been more updates since then.

What I can say is that the Rhapsody prototype I have is the best all rounder/value for money IEM I've ever heard or had. It's like an improved FA4 (which was an improved UE900), especially the mids are more forward and smoother. The crossover is also changed, the bass no longer bleeds into the mids like in the original version. The shell is also different, there's a new lacquer finish. I also own the Shure 846 and the FA has been used way more, the ergonomics are just so much better and I can use it at the gym too.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #2,048 of 2,161

You can order a full set of UE tips from http://support.logitech.com/en_us/parts. Check the accessories list. Really cheap too, just 10 dollars per set :) I use those with my FA Rhapsody prototype.

I wonder if the new FA IEM lineup is finally being released soon? There was a lot of talk about it here several months ago, but then everything went silent. Nothing on Thomann yet either. I got my FA4 upgraded back then. Just emailed them and offered to pay for parts/work; didn't expect them to agree to it, but they did. Amazing customer service :) Since they didn't release the IEM  I guess there have been more updates since then.

What I can say is that the Rhapsody prototype I have is the best all rounder/value for money IEM I've ever heard or had. It's like an improved FA4 (which was an improved UE900), especially the mids are more forward and smoother. The crossover is also changed, the bass no longer bleeds into the mids like in the original version. The shell is also different, there's a new lacquer finish. I also own the Shure 846 and the FA has been used way more, the ergonomics are just so much better and I can use it at the gym too.

Which of the new models is it you have, and any idea where to get it?

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #2,050 of 2,161
oridio in hong kong. it is pretty good at doing reshell. i had nice experience with them before. it seems that just the sound tube part is hard to replicate in a custom shell and most of the depth is gone.

I send my to InEarz, they are supposed to make a good job of making it sound as close as possible to the original sound. I'll review their service when they arrive. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,052 of 2,161

I'm reciving mine this week, so too late for taking any photo. I'll definitely update you.
There's a review by Joker of his reshell (by InEarz) of UM50PRO and they where very close in sound. He compared them to another pair of UM50 PRO.

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #2,053 of 2,161
  Which of the new models is it you have, and any idea where to get it?

The talk about the different versions started after I got mine. I'm not sure which one it is, I wasn't offered an option back then. It sounds like the neutral one though. The sound tuning is neutral with a somewhat boosted bass, no V-tuning or anything.

There's no way to buy one right now, at least not from any stores. You could try emailing Fischer Amps and asking if they will release it soon. Maybe they already sell them direct? I have no idea.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,054 of 2,161

The talk about the different versions started after I got mine. I'm not sure which one it is, I wasn't offered an option back then. It sounds like the neutral one though. The sound tuning is neutral with a somewhat boosted bass, no V-tuning or anything.

There's no way to buy one right now, at least not from any stores. You could try emailing Fischer Amps and asking if they will release it soon. Maybe they already sell them direct? I have no idea.

Okay thanks. I already wrote them, no response.

Their homepage is horrible btw. They really should hire someone to make it look more professionel, it is the worst homepage I have ever seen by a serious company.

http://fischer-amps.de/en/in-ear-earphones.html

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #2,055 of 2,161
  Okay thanks. I already wrote them, no response.

Their homepage is horrible btw. They really should hire someone to make it look more professionel, it is the worst homepage I have ever seen by a serious company.

http://fischer-amps.de/en/in-ear-earphones.html

I've written (EMAILED) fischer-amps at least a dozen times last year asking about any updated IEMs and never got a response.  They definitely need to take some of their money and hire someone to look after things a bit better.  Maybe it's because they're Dutch and are getting lost in translating.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back