Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 1, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,028 of 2,161
Hi guys
I really want to buy a pair of these but I need to use them with custom ear moulds. Mine are elacin which I believe are the same as ACS.
My questions: do you just remove the filters from your moulds and insert the IEM in their place. How tight is this fit?
When the FA4's are then in your ear, his much do they stick out of your ears? I have UE7's and these are sit quite snugly in the ear. Are the FA4's like this or do they hang out of the ear a bit.
Maybe a photo of them in someone's ear would help....
Thanks chaps

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #2,031 of 2,161
so far, i can't find any. many shops i visited have never heard that fischer amps made iems. so i just ordered it on thomann. is there any reason you need it to ship from the us? except the shipping time of course

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,033 of 2,161
  These look very interesting. I now have decided that the SD3 is not for me, that bass boast reminds me of my dreadful Senn IE8. Never again.
I would like to see a comparison between the Fischer FA-4e-XB and the Heir iA4 phones.

I wish I had the FA-4E XB to compare something to but I don't.  But I will say this, I have had the Westone 3 and 4, the Heir 3Ai and the 4Ai.  I'm not a professional at this hobby but my current FA-3E is better than any of the ones I mentioned; hands down.  Now if Kurtbada could just set me up with Fischer to get me the Rhapsody or upgrade my 3 to the 4E XB I'd be a happy man.

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2,034 of 2,161
my fa 4e xb arrived and it kept me impressed for the last two days.

that bass cured my bass-faint and left me wanting more. it has really good bass performance without affecting the balance. the mid is a bit laid-back but still counts neutral in my book and to my liking. treble has nice presence and smooth with a bit less sparkle. spacially it performs slightly better than im02 and se425 from the short impression.

it plays string instruments nicely and authentically. for the cons, i can hear a metallic touch somewhere from time to time as the ue900 in my memory. it's very resolving though. anyone has the same problem?

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,035 of 2,161
it plays string instruments nicely and authentically. for the cons, i can hear a metallic touch somewhere from time to time as the ue900 in my memory. it's very resolving though. anyone has the same problem?

That's "normal" as there is a peak in the upper treble, both on the UE900 and FA-4E XB. Just saying, the Triple.Fi 10 is much more metallic because its treble resolution is not so good.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #2,037 of 2,161
Exactly. Nothing's wrong with your drivers, but you could also try experimenting with different tips (if you want). The FA monitors have got the same nozzle diameter as models from Ultimate Ears.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #2,038 of 2,161
Exactly. Nothing's wrong with your drivers, but you could also try experimenting with different tips (if you want). The FA monitors have got the same nozzle diameter as models from Ultimate Ears.

i would like to. currently looking for silicone for the ease of use. will ue tips have enough isolation? and will the monster super tip fit the nozzle?

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #2,039 of 2,161

i would like to. currently looking for silicone for the ease of use. will ue tips have enough isolation? and will the monster super tip fit the nozzle?

Silicone tips in general will have slightly lower isolation.
As I am quite happy with the large stock single-flange silicone tips (and in addition, I am a non-tip-roller and stock-tip-guy anyway), I haven't tried different tips myself and therefore don't know if the Monster tips fit (and I couldn't try as I don't have any Monster IEM in my collection anymore).

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #2,040 of 2,161
Silicone tips in general will have slightly lower isolation.
As I am quite happy with the large stock single-flange silicone tips (and in addition, I am a non-tip-roller and stock-tip-guy anyway), I haven't tried different tips myself and therefore don't know if the Monster tips fit (and I couldn't try as I don't have any Monster IEM in my collection anymore).

i noticed that the stock tips are quite soft and thin. maybe the large tips could fit in my ears. foam tips are expensive and troublesome inserting it again when someone tries to talk to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back