Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,696 of 2,161
I think I told before the arete is very flexible, nice looking mine is the nylon one. About the sound stage is wider it put more details-transparency, bass is more controlled and highs a bit more extended. Sounds way better than the stock but less bassy only a bit though. About the mic I didn't ordered mine with that option. Amazing combo with the new fa 4e

Which cable is your current most preferred one for the fa 4e?

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,697 of 2,161
I have two stock cables one from fischer amps and other from aurisonics and they sound very close one is less bassy than the other. The other custom cable I have is the pearl from effect studio and I prefer the arete by miles away both cost more or less the same though

This is how the arete looks like just add the mh1c tips to this combo and be in heaven.

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,698 of 2,161
  Looking forward to your impressions mate 
popcorn.gif

Haven't hooked up mine to the fa4, using the stock one. Hopefully I will test them during the weekend and can give my impressions of them.

Managed to snap some pictures (although low quality..)

Last picture is showing the mic. The mic is pretty small, shorter than the original iphone as I recall. (Haven't used the iphone head-set in years..).

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #1,702 of 2,161
Mmm I don't know my new fa 4e aren't clear on the back but I'm not sure if it does mean it isn't the new version. Do you find the mids very clear- alive-crisp or more dry-laid back -flat ? You should ask Jochen Fischer

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,703 of 2,161
Mmm I don't know my new fa 4e aren't clear on the back but I'm not sure if it does mean it isn't the new version. Do you find the mids very clear- alive-crisp or more dry-laid back -flat ? You should ask Jochen Fischer

I've got the new version.

I just tried my arete and the remote is a disappointing. First it would trigger voice control randomly, then I tried to turn around the head phone jack to see if I could manually trigger voice control and it did. But then the remote stopped to work. The remote does work on my ipad, without any flaws but ipad doesn't have any voice control.

I have to see if I can disable voice control on iPhone, since I never use it, to see if it will work.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,705 of 2,161
Here's my opinion about the arete-cable with the remote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/476016/iphone-cable-with-mic-for-ue-or-jh-iems/135#post_10741678

Didn't bother to compare the sound because of the remote disappointment.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,709 of 2,161
The cable works just fine, the problem is the mic/remote. It's not working with an iphone, but it works with all other Apple products.

Stay out of the cable until I sort it out with null Audio.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,710 of 2,161
shucks, guess I'll have to keep looking then for mic option cables...Pretty picky as I don't want those with big-a*s mic which become really annoying after awhile.
Shame that the arete cable tames down the bass though, albeit only a bit.. still, would like a cable with mic that lifts the mid-bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back