Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Oct 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #496 of 2,161
UE900 has linear bass? I guess after the 10db boost at 500hz it stays fairly linear until 60hz, when it gently rolls off. But then that boost isn't my idea of linear.

The balance of sub-, mid- and upper bass is linear. That's what I meant. I did not mean the overall linearity from bass to highs.
Most other bass heavy IEMs either sound bloated (peak at 150-200) or are fatiguing (too much rumble). The UE900 has neither.

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #497 of 2,161
Yes, my poor review was with UE900 stock and without sounding disrespectful, from what I have read lately, Ultrazino's detailed and very technical explanations are far from common sense around here. 

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #501 of 2,161
  What he's trying to say is that zino apart from being technical in his descriptions. has his very own personal opinion not usually share by the rest

Oh, ok that's what I thought. It was either that or that zino's technical descriptions were better than the common sense here.

Kurdt or anybody else, do you have any iem that you can compare the bass quantity (and quality) of the FA-4E with?

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #502 of 2,161
I see your point too, i currently own the sony ex 1000, earsonics sm3v2 without filters and sony mh1c iems.

i am going to compare the bass and overall sound quality but expect more general explanations than a very technical review... my english is far from perfect and I'm relatively new in this audiophile world and I'm also more interested in general opinions and feelings.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #503 of 2,161
My earsonics sm3 v2 have an issue on the left side so I'm going to compare a bit the sony ex1000 and the fa 4e xb

I'm using both with custom tips and an ibasso d4 + lg optimus 2x phone with a good lod cable:

sony ex1000:  you can hear in this song sony's ex 1000 bass excellence drums have nice impact, bass lines have superb texture and are very present, timbre is quite real all in a very wide enviroment. detail is good and clarity is not bad. you have to turn the volume above to try to match fa 4e detail and transparency, in this song ex 1000 doesn't suffer of bad instrument separation.

fischer fa 4e: Everything sounds inmediately more clear specially the center of the sound, the ex1000 sounds a bit dark in comparation and less detailed. Drums have more or less the same impact a bit less I'd say. bass lines are very present but not as present as in the ex1000,  texture is superb too. soundstage is definitely not as wide as the ex1000 but still wide and not congested at all. instrument separation and imaging are in another tier you can easily pick each instrument an everything feels more 3d. 

Overall bass performance is better in the ex1000 but quite close though.

, while the ex 1000 provide  very good punch in the drums, the claps sound great and the stage is wide. I still feel there is a hollow in the sound, detail and instrument separation. This song doesn't sound good through the ex1000.

With the fa 4e it's like watch a hd movie compared to the ex1000 performance due the brightness and clarity. The center of the sound comes quite more alive and clear, the noise of the guitars is  more present and detailed, again you can easily pick each sound or instrument and feel the air between those in a wide stage. the punch of the drums is addictive combined with the clarity of the claps, same quantity as the ex1000 and superb perfomance, i don't miss ex1000 bass at all here.

Again the fa 4e sounds more hi fi showing more detail, transparency and separation, it's clearly on another technical level to my ears, while the ex1000 provide a good amount of detail here. I'd say soundstage is a bit wider on the ex1000 and bass have a bit more punch and overall quality but only a bit.

To resume in my opinion what you get with fa 4e is a close bass-spaciousness performance with a dynamic iem and the best qualities of a really well tuned balanced iem showing odds of detail, transparency with a nice treble extension and not too warm mids. remember that the fa4e bass drivers are vented.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #504 of 2,161
That makes me so relieved. Thank you a lot. I've heard the 7550 a bit or Ex800 (same thing right?) And I felt that it was pretty similar to the GR07 in terms of sound signature only slightly better overall except treble presence. It was only the comparison that the UE900 and FA-4E were similar that got me scared. But if the bass is nice, punchy and not bloated that sounds great. Awesome. Just need to save up money. Thanks, I just wanted a: it has more bass than Er4S, less than IE8, about the same as EX1000. But this was very informative. Thanks again!

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #506 of 2,161
Thanks, Kurt, for the clarification above. As for the bass question, yesterday I wrote an A/B comparison with IE800 but my PC crashed when I was about to submit it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, IE800 bass, in general, is more refined because it has excellent sub bass and although powerful, it does not bleed into the mids at all. FA-4 bass, in comparison, has a slight tendency to bloat, more midbass presence but overall not as good as IE800 (but very good too). In fact, IE800's bass is one of the best I've heard to date, reminding of EX1000 but a little drier and punchier. I'm not a basshead, but it really impressed me, although the overall package has some flaws that may be unbearable for some, like terrible microphonics and short, non detachable cable.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #507 of 2,161
No prob. ex1000 bass is more refined too but the fa 4e does in my opinion everything better slightly less spacious sound though. But being a ba iem is the best bass Ive heard so far and close to that dynamic excellence

Waiting for your entire comparation dude

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #508 of 2,161
  What he's trying to say is that zino apart from being technical in his descriptions. has his very own personal opinion not usually share by the rest

Partially true. At least on Head-Fi/ some threads/ people do not tend to agree. Elsewhere, they do. :wink:

Also, IMO you have to be a huge basshead to enjoy the IE800 without EQ. I am starting to think I am the only person here that feels cornered by strong rumble...
I am still confused as to why *moar* sub-bass is apparently equal to better extension. I have observed this in several threads and it simply leaves me puzzled.
(Maybe I didn't go clubbing enough or it's because I've been using hearing protection on concerts since I was 17.)

Whatever, I realized I am the minority. Cheers!

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #509 of 2,161

Partially true. At least on Head-Fi/ some threads/ people do not tend to agree. Elsewhere, they do. :wink:

Also, IMO you have to be a huge basshead to enjoy the IE800 without EQ. I am starting to think I am the only person here that feels cornered by strong rumble...
I am still confused as to why *moar* sub-bass is apparently equal to better extension. I have observed this in several threads and it simply leaves me puzzled.
(Maybe I didn't go clubbing enough or it's because I've been using hearing protection on concerts since I was 17.)

Whatever, I realized I am the minority. Cheers!

I disagree. But if your reference of "adequate" sub-bass is the SD3, then I can't argue with you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back