Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 11, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,135 of 2,161
That's usual for any headphone and earphone. Although some claim that balanced armatures don't need burn in, all the ones I've had changed after some hours.

Even the Fischer Amps owner said they need some burn in and that the sound changes.

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #2,137 of 2,161
Well, I've had the FA-4E XBs for almost two months now and I'm nothing but impressed. They combine the good bits of both my previous IEMs (Shure SE215 and Westone UM Pro 30) and excel with everything I've played through them. Lovely wide soundstage, especially compared to the UM Pro 30s (had to send those back because the claustrophobic stage drove me insane). Imaging is great, instruments are separated nicely and it's a realistic and enjoyable presentation.

The bass is probably my favourite bit, punchy when it needs to be but a meaty smack when the track calls for it. It seems to extend down really low, especially in Hans Zimmer's Why So Serious? which really makes the IEMs seem bigger than they are (in a good way). Vocals are crisp and come through clearly, and the treble is detailed and precise without any harshness or sibilance.  I think I've found the perfect portable version of my HD650s, here. A pleasant, rich, non-fatiguing sound that I can listen to for hours on end. 

They're really nicely made, the cables are close to the UM Pro 30s but not quite as perfect and the IEM shells themselves are very solid acrylic. The blue colour sure is pretty, as well. They're definitely inspired by customs and you can tell with the way they fit. I find the smallest size of Comply T500s the most comfortable, just make sure you buy some spare T500s with the headphones as they don't last nearly as long as Shure olive tips. 

The semi-hard case they come with is excellent as well, I've not considered a Pelican one as the included one is more than adequate, even comes with a little carabiner!

I've also been driving these out of an LG G5, which has the regular Snapdragon 820 DAC and amp which isn't regarded that well, they might sound even better out of a nicer DAC and amp but I'm not prepared to pay silly money for the B&O Play one LG want to sell me for my phone.

I'm super happy with the FA-4E XBs. No hyperbole here, but they are perfect for me right now. I'm blown away not only on their individual qualities but how it just takes the best parts of my previous IEMs and combines them in one package. Very, very highly recommended.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,138 of 2,161
Not posting this on the classifieds, but I´ve had my FA4E-XB for a long time and even managed to get them upgraded to the new models before the new series was delayed. Now I have no idea if the version I have is the same as the one´s now sold on Thomann, but it´s not the FA4E-XB either anymore. One driver was swapped, new crossover and shell.

Anyways, I´m moving to wireless portable audio so I´m selling my small IEM collection now. PM me if you want to buy my Fischer Amps upgraded FA4E-XB to Rhapsody for cheap inside EU. I don´t have the receipt anymore as I bought these a long time ago from Thomann, but these are still in good shape and work perfectly. This will be reflected in the price.

EDIT: For the record I ended up using these Fischer Amps more than my Shure SE846 or Sennheiser IE800. While both of those are superior in some ways, as an overall daily IEM the FA one´s are the best on the market in my opinion. If anyone is thinking about buying the new series I can only highly recommend them.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,139 of 2,161
Tempted to give one of the new Rhapsody models a try, anybody bought any and compared to the FA 4?

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,140 of 2,161
Anyone have any advice on the cable being weathered away. Basically, my earphones work fine, but the top plastic part where you can curve and fix the wire at the back of your ear has cut open bu the metal wire inside. Best to use my warranty for new cables? or suck it up and duck tape/cut the metal wire. The metal wire is kinda poking my ears :/

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,142 of 2,161
  Anyone have any advice on the cable being weathered away. Basically, my earphones work fine, but the top plastic part where you can curve and fix the wire at the back of your ear has cut open bu the metal wire inside. Best to use my warranty for new cables? or suck it up and duck tape/cut the metal wire. The metal wire is kinda poking my ears :/

Dude!! If the metal is poking your ears then you just need to get a new set.  I don't think it would be replaced under warranty.  Try these:  https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Westone-UM3XRC-Earsonics-Headphones/dp/B00D6DOYEQ

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #2,144 of 2,161
Sent my FA-4s in to get them repaired with express mail. Somehow they got charged customs duty which ended up being added to my invoice, with international money transfer fees, 55€+tax ended up costing nearly 100€. Is that normal?
Also their bank charged them for my transfer, for which I paid USD12 and now they ask me to pay the 6.50€ cut by their bank. What to do?

May 3, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #2,145 of 2,161
After a couple of years of ownership, here comes my review of the FA-3E (in German, however there is a Google Translator widget on the site): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.de/2017/05/Fischer-Amps-FA-3E-Review.html

DSC03379.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back