Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #2,148 of 2,161
It looks like Marco Rämisch of StageDiver 2-4 & ProPhile 8 fame is now the new head of IEM products at Fischer Amps: http://headflux.de/marco-raemisch-segelt-unter-neuer-flagge (in German)

This is awesome. I've never heard any of the StageDiver product but I hear their comfort is outstanding. Alternatively, I LOVE my Fischer Amps but hate the comfort. Maybe this marriage will result in something I can live with. Time to start saving!!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2,149 of 2,161
I just got a pair of the Rhapsody Lithium (3 Driver) after lurking on the thread for a long time (first post yay!). I got a ue900s from Massdrop literally the week before I saw a sale on the Lithiums for $350. It was a tossup between these 3 drivers and the FA 4E-XB, but I figured without any way to really tell unless I tried both of them I would just get the newer one in spite of 1 less driver.

I can say the ue900s get very little use now. The Lithiums give me the all the bass I lacked with the ue900s, plus very similar instrumentation. The separation is not as good which might be inherent to the driver configurations, but I can say the soundstage is much wider and are much more fun to listen to and easier to drive. I could go on...

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #2,150 of 2,161
My beloved FA 4E-XB's are failing. I lose sound from one of the drivers on the right side earpiece intermittently. Pushing it and and out of my ear sometimes helps, but lately it's gotten so bad that they're basically unusable. I'm not sure if one of the drivers is failing or just a bad internal connection. Either way, I don't know whether they can be repaired since they are out of warranty and EOL. Even if I could pay to have them repaired, I'm not sure whether it would be cost effective. Anyone with experience here?

I was looking at FA's Rhapsody line as a potential upgrade, but it's very difficult to find a distributor in the UK. Which (C)IEMs have people moved onto from the FA 4E-XB that are sonically similar?

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #2,152 of 2,161
My beloved FA 4E-XB's are failing. I lose sound from one of the drivers on the right side earpiece intermittently. Pushing it and and out of my ear sometimes helps, but lately it's gotten so bad that they're basically unusable. I'm not sure if one of the drivers is failing or just a bad internal connection. Either way, I don't know whether they can be repaired since they are out of warranty and EOL. Even if I could pay to have them repaired, I'm not sure whether it would be cost effective. Anyone with experience here?

I was looking at FA's Rhapsody line as a potential upgrade, but it's very difficult to find a distributor in the UK. Which (C)IEMs have people moved onto from the FA 4E-XB that are sonically similar?

If you have £300 you could just buy them again from amazon.com or amazon.co.uk. Not sure how that compares to what you originally paid or the price range you are looking at, but it seems reasonable.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #2,153 of 2,161
I suggest that you try to demo the UE11 Pro.
Thanks for the suggestion, looks like an amazing CIEM, although a little out of my price range. I could buy four 4E-XB's for one UE11 Pro! My budget would be between up to ~400GBP.

If you have £300 you could just buy them again from amazon.com or amazon.co.uk. Not sure how that compares to what you originally paid or the price range you are looking at, but it seems reasonable.
This is true, although it looks like I'd have to import them from Amazon US as they're the only ones showing stock on Amazon UK. I wonder whether this would affect the warranty.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #2,154 of 2,161

I just sent my off to Germany for repair. I can't wait to get them back. I haven't found anything that I like over the FA.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #2,156 of 2,161

I was a big FA-4E-XB fan. I've found the Campfire Dorado's to be a great upgrade to them with a similar sound. Just my two-cents.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #2,160 of 2,161
I posted my in-depth written review about the Fischer AMPs Rapture Universal IEMs :)

Some fun-sounding IEMs with a similar tune to Etymotic, but none of the disadvantages that Ety had.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/06/revelations-become-balance-fischer-amps-rapture.html

Fischer-Amps-Rapture-IEMs-Earphones-BA-Monitoring-Universal-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back