First UE11 Impressions
May 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #1,096 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone with the UE11's and a sansa clip confirm that there's no hiss from the clip with the UE11's?

If the Sansa does not hiss with the UE11's I will be very impressed. ALL my DAP's - Apple Touch, Nano (2nd Gen), Sony A808, Sony A829 & Cowon D2 hiss, with the Sony's being the worst. My Cowon D2 has the least amount of hissing.

May 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #1,099 of 1,600
Hey guys, I decided to order a set of these thanks to the recommendations in this thread. I'm loving the sound on these for sure, it's fantastic.

I'm just having a very small issue with the right ear piece. For some reason every minute or two the sound very faintly drifts to the left a little and I just have to gently push the right ear piece a little and it goes back to normal. I also noticed that the right right ear piece isn't quite flush with the ear, it sticks out just a tiny bit and the one on the left doesn't. Is this an issue with the fit do you think? Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not even sure if it's worth the effort of sending them back or not.

May 18, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #1,100 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Kinney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just having a very small issue with the right ear piece. For some reason every minute or two the sound very faintly drifts to the left a little and I just have to gently push the right ear piece a little and it goes back to normal. I also noticed that the right right ear piece isn't quite flush with the ear, it sticks out just a tiny bit and the one on the left doesn't. Is this an issue with the fit do you think? Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not even sure if it's worth the effort of sending them back or not.

Sounds like a fit issue. Sounds like a daft question but are the loops secured over your ear?

May 18, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #1,101 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone with the UE11's and a sansa clip confirm that there's no hiss from the clip with the UE11's?

Very, very little. It's not the absolute black of the Pico, but I'd estimate it's no more than half of what I can perceive from my 5.5g ipod hp out.

I like the UE11 out of the iMod/ Pico, but I prefer the Pico DAC, but the iMod sounds great and, of course, has the benefit of versatility and mobility.

May 18, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #1,102 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very, very little. It's not the absolute black of the Pico, but I'd estimate it's no more than half of what I can perceive from my 5.5g ipod hp out.

I like the UE11 out of the iMod/ Pico, but I prefer the Pico DAC, but the iMod sounds great and, of course, has the benefit of versatility and mobility.

Thanks!

May 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #1,103 of 1,600
Any more recommendations on an amp that really brings the midrange more forward?

May 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #1,104 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a fit issue. Sounds like a daft question but are the loops secured over your ear?

The loops are secured over my ear so it must be a fit issue I guess, I was hoping I wouldn't have any fit issues with theses, but it being such a minor issue maybe it's not even worth sending them back.

May 19, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #1,105 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any more recommendations on an amp that really brings the midrange more forward?

The Meier HeadSix is often the amp I grab when I need the sound you are looking for. I don't have the UE11Pro, but based on what I hear with my other IEM and headphones, it might be just the ticket.

May 20, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #1,106 of 1,600
OMG.

I just got mine and even from just a shuffle it's fab. At the request of someone else in the shop I listened to a triple.fi right after, and I found it to be distinctly less fulfilling.

Although I think it might just be how comfortable they are for me (and how comparatively uncomfortable universal IEMs are).

My fitting isn't quite perfect - the right one is completely invisible once fitted in, but the left one feels slightly off (sticks a little too far into my ear or something) but I still get a great seal, so I'm happy.

Also, they sound great. Lots of "presence", lovely texture on the bass/strings, sparkling clear highs. (from a shuffle!)

Getting a sansa clip in awhile, and perhaps an iphone 2 in time, but ... I'm thinking that I should perhaps just go get an amp. aieee.

May 20, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #1,107 of 1,600
Hey Xand-

I posted in that other thread with pics, in case you missed them.

I actually sent them back and they're re-doing them WIHOUT the ports. I didnt like the way they were done.

In any case, i also went ahead and ordered a predator amp. Seems like we're on the same page, lol.

Anyway, i should be receiving mine back on Thursday..... from the SECOND re-fit. Im hoping they're finally comfortable.

Id really like to start enjoying them.

If you got artwork.... care to post some pics?

May 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #1,108 of 1,600
thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I did see your other post.

HAven't ordered an amp yet - I'll need to figure out what lineout player to get before that.

And - no artwork - just plain translucent black... I'll post some pics though - once I get my camera back.

May 20, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #1,109 of 1,600
My UE 11's dont sit flush against my ear.

Is anyone else experiencing this due to the size of the monitor or is this a seal issue?

I know a couple of people have UE 10's and they all sit flush.

When i first got my 11's i thought that maybe it was a result of the physical size of the monitors, but now im not so sure.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back