First UE11 Impressions
Oct 10, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #556 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got back home to find my UE11's in a day early. They fit perfectly and so far I am really enjoying them.

_E6Y1201_filtered.jpg

Wow, extremely nice. Thats just the color I've been looking for! Thanks!

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #557 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, yes they are translucent black.

Those look great! Nice color choice man! If mine turn out like the picture I've had them use for reference they should be pretty sweet looking too!

robm321 - Sure thing man, it was in Walnut Creek near Rossmore. I'll let you know if they fit out of the box and PM you with the info if/when you want it.

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #558 of 1,600
I think it would be interesting if someone would setup a poll to determine the percentages of perfect fits out of the box to refits needed for both UE11's/10's. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how to go about setting it up here. The refits required category should specify the number of times that it was returned to UE before the fit issue was resolved. Anyone else interested in seeing these stats?

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #559 of 1,600
Mine fit out of the box..

but as i posted earlier... i had two different audiologists.

The first made crappy impressions, and the experience was so bad i didn't see any reason to give them another chance.

Subsequently i went to another audiologist on UE's list, that was also directly recommended after calling UE. She made the impressions and also remade the left one because she wasn't happy with it. They looked perfect to me.

...and the sound only changes when i push on the monitors to verify they are seated correctly.. Other than that, the sound doesn't change whether i'm talking, chewing, working out, or just sitting still. ...and i have a some cauliflower ear in on one ear (from high school wrestling).

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #560 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by freethegeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and i have a some cauliflower ear in on one ear (from high school wrestling).

I have a banana in one that makes it really difficult to wear IEMs!
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #561 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it would be interesting if someone would setup a poll to determine the percentages of perfect fits out of the box to refits needed for both UE11's/10's. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how to go about setting it up here. The refits required category should specify the number of times that it was returned to UE before the fit issue was resolved. Anyone else interested in seeing these stats?

I think this has been done at one point. Suffice it to say, I had a CRAZY number of refits...CRAZY the first time around with the UE10s. I gave up until I actually went to UE and had them (Noy) shoot my molds. Don't know if he is still there but Deano at UE held up a large sized gallon Ziplock bag with the molds they had used and asked when they were done 'so I can throw these away now'. I was shocked at seeing the number of attempts gone wrong. What is weird is that the same original audiologist here did my Westone molds and they fit nearly perfect the first time. Good part is that UE has a great mold on file for me now so the UE11s fit fantastic.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #562 of 1,600
I had 2 refits with my ue-5c. Hopefully when i get my ue-11 pro they will fit perfectly.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #564 of 1,600
digihead,
Yes, Noy is still there. I wish I was closer to UE so I could have had the molds done there by him! As I posted earlier I feel if it's done right they should be perfect the first time, and if they aren't then something early on in the process failed! I can't help but feel that refits are just patch jobs to the failed process. I realize it would be expensive for UE to flag them at that point and have the molds/scan redone. However, that added perfection is what we are paying this premium price for! Well I'll have them back from the second refit attempt hopefully by Friday, and I'm hoping bigtime the issue is resolved!

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #565 of 1,600
Here you go.. poll

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #566 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digihead,
Yes, Noy is still there. I wish I was closer to UE so I could have had the molds done there by him! As I posted earlier I feel if it's done right they should be perfect the first time, and if they aren't then something early on in the process failed! I can't help but feel that refits are just patch jobs to the failed process. I realize it would be expensive for UE to flag them at that point and have the molds/scan redone. However, that added perfection is what we are paying this premium price for! Well I'll have them back from the second refit attempt hopefully by Friday, and I'm hoping bigtime the issue is resolved!

I was actually surprised that UE didn't keep or would not release records of the audiologists in my area with the least re-fits. Westone did this which is why I ended up where I did and is why I went back to them for my UE molds.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #567 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was actually surprised that UE didn't keep or would not release records of the audiologists in my area with the least re-fits. Westone did this which is why I ended up where I did and is why I went back to them for my UE molds.

Would these not be the "recommended audiologist" list that they have on their website? Since these audiologists carry a recommendation, I would expect them to be good at what they do and have less issues than other audiologists who aren't used to shooting molds for Ultimate Ears.

I wonder how expensive the artwork I want is going to be, when I order the UE's? *sigh* Couldn't get the money in time to get them before the promotion ended, but I'll get them for Christmas (and my birthday in December) dammit!

I want artwork of a volume knob that goes to "11" on my UE11's!
biggrin.gif
Surprised no-one's done that.

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #568 of 1,600
I just got my impressions done this morning. finally. I hope their worth the $50.

Thats a cool idea on the volume knob.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I am going to skip the artwork to save money. It may go along with my theme of being a closet audiophile (I am not an audiophile anyway) a little better.

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #569 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would these not be the "recommended audiologist" list that they have on their website? Since these audiologists carry a recommendation, I would expect them to be good at what they do and have less issues than other audiologists who aren't used to shooting molds for Ultimate Ears.

I wonder how expensive the artwork I want is going to be, when I order the UE's? *sigh* Couldn't get the money in time to get them before the promotion ended, but I'll get them for Christmas (and my birthday in December) dammit!

I want artwork of a volume knob that goes to "11" on my UE11's!
biggrin.gif
Surprised no-one's done that.

I'm sure UE has a reason for recommending them but they should still have records as to which of their recommended audiologists have the least re-fits.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #570 of 1,600
Got my impressions done this morning. The procedure was really quick and easy. Just one kinda stupid question for everyone here: did your audiologist send the impressions to UE themselves or did you have to do that yourself? She put the impressions inside this small cardboard box and they kept on moving and rolling around inside. I was pretty scared that they would get damaged in transit so I put loads of cotton inside the box so they wouldn't move that much before sending it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back