First UE11 Impressions
Sep 27, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #451 of 1,600
I am really liking my new 11s and I have a question for those who also have them. Are you guys bending the little 2 inch metal "rod" that is inside the cable where it attaches to the earphone? I would like to kind of bend this part so it curves more around my ear, but I would like to know what others are doing.

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #452 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE Volume attenuator doesn't have any volume dial. It's going straight to your headphone jack. Technically it should sound better in terms of SQ since there is no added component inside the Attenuator. I'm not sure, take my words as a grain of salt.

My triple.fi's and super.fi's sure didn't sound better when I used them with the shuffle to reduce hiss and operational noise. I lost a noticeable amount of detail that I couldn't get back from upping the volume. Maybe I needed an amp hooked in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn these have me very interested... I do most of my listening at work where I have to have sealed so I'm usually using my ES2's.

I understand that the tips on the UE's are hard and do not soften once they've been in for a while, can anyone comment on comfort for long sessions; 6 hours or so without removing?

I'm also interested in hearing what fill sized cans these would compare to.

I don't think that customs require tips, and I've also heard reports Ultimate Ears tips do soften and would say my past super.fi 5 pros did. I would say the super.fi was fairly comfortable for me and I could listen with them for hours. The triple.fi, not so much. I have to use the shure foam tip mod and it still is annoying. I can't wait to save up enough for the UE-11.

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #454 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My triple.fi's and super.fi's sure didn't sound better when I used them with the shuffle to reduce hiss and operational noise. I lost a noticeable amount of detail that I couldn't get back from upping the volume. Maybe I needed an amp hooked in?

I don't think that customs require tips, and I've also heard reports Ultimate Ears tips do soften and would say my past super.fi 5 pros did. I would say the super.fi was fairly comfortable for me and I could listen with them for hours. The triple.fi, not so much. I have to use the shure foam tip mod and it still is annoying. I can't wait to save up enough for the UE-11.

I know customs don't require those kinds of tips, I own a pair... I'm talking about the canal portion of the mold or the tip
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #455 of 1,600
Wake - I used ES2's for about a year before getting the UE11's. The longest I keep an IEM in my head is 3 hours at a time. I note no difference in comfort between the ES2 and UE11. They feel almost the same once they are in. I think you and I have similar tastes in music and gear. You're gonna be blown away when you get your UE11's (and I know you're gonna get them!).

cconnaker - I think you are supposed to bend the wire over your ear, I do.

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #456 of 1,600
Did everyone here receive a shipping confirmation from UE when their 11's were shipped? I emailed Jeanette today and asked if mine where shipping out today and she replied 'yes sir'. However, when I just checked my email I have nothing from UE.

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #457 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did everyone here receive a shipping confirmation from UE when their 11's were shipped? I emailed Jeanette today and asked if mine where shipping out today and she replied 'yes sir'. However, when I just checked my email I have nothing from UE.

I received a shipping notice, and an email with the tracking number. But that was the first email response i received since i sent i the artwork.

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #458 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconnaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really liking my new 11s and I have a question for those who also have them. Are you guys bending the little 2 inch metal "rod" that is inside the cable where it attaches to the earphone? I would like to kind of bend this part so it curves more around my ear, but I would like to know what others are doing.

That's what its for - to shape the cord around your ear.....

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #460 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wake - I used ES2's for about a year before getting the UE11's. The longest I keep an IEM in my head is 3 hours at a time. I note no difference in comfort between the ES2 and UE11. They feel almost the same once they are in. I think you and I have similar tastes in music and gear. You're gonna be blown away when you get your UE11's (and I know you're gonna get them!).

cconnaker - I think you are supposed to bend the wire over your ear, I do.

They are on my short list and rumor has it that they sound amazing with the Lisa... but what doesn't!?

Sadly I have to wait and save some $$ because I am buying another pair of D5000 and a VDA-2... mayber after I recover from that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #464 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Im left with 2 choices: Buy UE11 and UE10, or buy UE11 and Lavry DA10. The rational side of me says get the source upgrade, but dammit, I really want both headphones. Decisions, decisions....

confused.gif
I'm pretty sure option 2 would be the better choice and would get much more use. Shoot a PM to digihead, he owns just about every custom made and the UE-11's are his favorite followed by the ES2.

flashbak - Do report on how those sound with Lisa!

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #465 of 1,600
I've just got mine!

here is pics, click to enlarge.
I ordered titanium plate with custom painting, the illustration is taken from a popular album jacket (I got permission to use for this).

To my relief, fitting is perfect. yay!
The sound is simply stunning, airly and musical.
I really like this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back