First UE11 Impressions
Aug 16, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #182 of 1,600
Got updated artwork:

They made some minor adjustments and probably one more tweak to the fit will make these babies perfect! I'll give these a week or so and decide on whether or not changes are needed/preferred.

PS: They are still amazing!!!

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #183 of 1,600
much much better
smily_headphones1.gif
like the pearl-esque finish on th skull
horns.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #184 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got updated artwork:

They made some minor adjustments and probably one more tweak to the fit will make these babies perfect! I'll give these a week or so and decide on whether or not changes are needed/preferred.

PS: They are still amazing!!!

that isn't Megatron is it? (The villain of the Autonomous Robotic Organisms)

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #186 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that isn't Megatron is it? (The villain of the Autonomous Robotic Organisms)

... if anyone doesn't know who Megatron is doesn't need to be allowed to use the internet!

As for the symbol being him... idk. I just thought it looked cool.
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #187 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You bet!
smily_headphones1.gif
But then I hope I would get it by Christmas.
By the way UE11 doesn't sound as good with Supermacro LE, I find it's got a much better synergy with Hornet. The bass goes deeper, tighter with authority, the texture, the ENERGY, it's much more involving. The midrange with Hornet very sweet and liquid, with depth and decay. You must try UE11 with the Hornet. There is some kind of synergy going on here.

With supermacro LE, the midrange of UE11 is less liquid and sound is more shouty to me. The bass is not as good either, more boomy sounding which I don't really like boomy bass very much. UE11 is also losing depth and decay with Supermacro LE.

I want to add something. although SM LE doesn't seem to have a synergy with UE!!! but after a couple of hours of listening UE11 with Hornet, I'm happy that I still own SM LE.
smily_headphones1.gif
Hornet sounds powerful, with texture and all but you may get tired after 2hours hehe. I plugged into SM LE and UE11 opens up further, the vocal pushed away, more relaxing sound.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #188 of 1,600
Well, I had to bite the bullet...hearing all this just meant I had to do it. After Etymotic ER6, ER4S and Westone UM1's, I'm kinda ready for a custom design.

I placed an order yesterday for the UE 11 Pro, and I'm trying something new with the artwork - it's the titanium plate version, although the case will be transparent blue for the left and transparent red for the right. They are also etching in black directly over the plate itself, so hopefully it will look pretty cool.

If anyone in NYC wants an audiologist recommendation, I found a great one - her name is Julie Glick at Acoustic Hearing Services at 30 Central Park South. Julie worked for 2.5 years for Sensaphonics as an audiologist and in PR and marketing, so she knows IEMs very well. Plus she has 10 years of experience. Molds were done exactly per UE's instructions, and I'm sure they'll work out great!

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #189 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by he46570 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's the titanium plate version, although the case will be transparent blue for the left and transparent red for the right. They are also etching in black directly over the plate itself, so hopefully it will look pretty cool.

be careful with the Titanium Plate version. I find it to be heavy, bulky and uncomfortable. Just a note.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #190 of 1,600
Wow, that's the first I've heard of that. Thanks for letting me know! Would you say that, in retrospect, you should have ordered a version without the plate? This is really good to know - I've only just placed my order, and I think it's not too early to change...

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #191 of 1,600
man if I ever get customs, I'd put a leave in the molds or something. Maybe a four leaf clover, or one of those deteriorated leaves that is almost transparent.

Or maybe I'll put a bug in it, like a bee or beetle. Like Jurassic Park, where the bee is engulfed in honey, but in my case, acrylic.

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #192 of 1,600
Just found out today, that using TTVJ Hybrid Millett! with UE11 is great!! making UE11 FR become Flatter more neutral.
The bass is no longer as strong or overwhelming to some, and the high is not as portruding. Midrange soaring with sweetness and fluidity. Exceptionally Musical!
biggrin.gif

you guys with UE11 who demand flatter FR but without sacrificing separation and refinement should try TTVJ Hybrid Millett!

TTVJ Hybrid Millett is known to have a Huge Soundstage, surround feeling kinda sound.

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #193 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received notice that mine are scheduled to ship on 8/21
I also hope that the first time is a charm :)

Hello All,
Just received an email notice that my UE-11's were shipped and are scheduled to arrive on Monday 08/20/2007 by 3pm.

Yesterday I ordered the "Super Cotton Dock" from Audio Line Out, it was shipped already.

I also ordered "The Hornet Portable Headphone Amp" from Ray Samuels today , Ray said it would ship today.

I guess this should keep me busy next week :)

Aug 18, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #194 of 1,600
Dayam! Thats a lot of shopping in a short period. Did you get any custom artwork? Do please post some pics if you did
smily_headphones1.gif
I plan to do the same when I get mine....I really hope that artwork comes out as I imagined. Just sent the initial artwork email in today.

Aug 18, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #195 of 1,600
Timing to get UE11's?

I sent payment and impressions to UE, both arrived on 8/16/07. I have an unofficial email communication that they will be shipped to me on 8/31/07. Naturally, I hope it will be sooner!

I posted earlier, but I will be using a 5.5 iMod, ALAC, ALO Jumbo Cryo and a Tomahawk. Please don't get me started again on amp searches!

I'll post impressions when it all comes together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back