First UE11 Impressions
Aug 7, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #46 of 1,600
They'll look like this
tribalskullinvert.jpg
tribaldragon1tn.jpg

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #48 of 1,600
I am supposed to receive my UE11 tomorrow. According to them, it was supposed to have a more detailed midrange and bass. I'm not sure how could that be possible by looking at the FR. Oh well, I will know by tomorrow.

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #49 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you should mention the bass and the Move. I just unboxed it and poped it into my USB and omg at the BASS!!! Where have thou been ye slammin good ol' time! The bass not only got boosted but its insane how much better it sounds vs the ipod headphone jack.

Currently I'm listening to John Mayer - Continuum - Stop This Train
Wow is the sound of the acoustics and the silky smooth bass amazing. The piano almost brings tears to my eyes its so emotional. I think I just had my first true eargasm! Aww man and all over my keyboard, damn... oh well I have another. I do take back everything I said about the bass drum not feeling like it has any punch.

I'm definitely starting to feel the bass now and wow is it sweet. Being properly driven I could definitely see people who prefer absolutely flat sound spectrum to be disappointed but for those who don't mind crystal clear highs, buttery sweet mids and a very very nice bass non-overly-overpowering bass boost will absolutely eat these up.

Not to sound like Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch but............ I told ya I told ya..... I told ya I told ya......!

You were missing half the sound!! NOW iMOD!

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #52 of 1,600
This thread is very frustrating...

There is a lot more to headphones than BASS.

If you really want to hear BASS, purchase a $1000 speaker system; then you can achieve heart-murmur-inducing levels of bass, regardless of your source.

-Matt

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #53 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is very frustrating...

There is a lot more to headphones than BASS.

If you really want to hear BASS, purchase a $1000 speaker system; then you can achieve heart-murmur-inducing levels of bass, regardless of your source.

-Matt

That may be true but every thread I've read on the UE11's so far ends up talking about it in one way or another. Also the woofer drivers are the main things keeping the UE11's from being considered UE10's. As I've said several times through out this thread, I'm not a review veteran and I post what I know. So I'll leave saying, its the best bass I've ever heard.
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #55 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am supposed to receive my UE11 tomorrow. According to them, it was supposed to have a more detailed midrange and bass. I'm not sure how could that be possible by looking at the FR. Oh well, I will know by tomorrow.

Eagerly waiting for your 10 vs 11 comparison.

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #59 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by r1n7r4h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But jlingo's sig shows that he owns the UE-10s and Westone ES2s. :p I am pleading for an ES2 vs UE-11 Pro comparision myself.

I will try to give a short comparison. It won't be as lengthy since I'm not really good with reviews and comments.

I never really like ES2
frown.gif
the sound is too boring and the high is too rolled off for me, the bass is too big, loose and bloated. I have always been a fan of UE and Ety sound signature. I didn't really like E500(high too rolled off and harsh sounding to me).

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #60 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to the UE11's on the road today through my ipod, I found that the bass is actually lacking as with most other IEMs I listen to while driving.

you wear these while driving?!?
eek.gif
i don't know about where you are but that is so illegal in my state and for good reason. blocking out one of your senses while behind the wheel endangers not only yourself but anyone else near you. i really hope you'll rethink that one!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back