First UE11 Impressions
Aug 6, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #33 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ X2
any tf10p vs ue11 impression?

The treble has an even higher range and a more airy feeling as for the bass I really haven't put enough time on them to have enough of a comparison but I can say that the UE11's are incredible and makes my skin craw more than the Triple.fi's have so far in the time I've had them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the trip to the audiologist?
Congrats btw, perhaps you're the first consumer level person to get a hand on these, that was really fast considering they've only been up on the official site for a few days.

Audiologist cost me $50 for the molds and Todd hooked me up being first in line before they were even officially for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are the vocals and treble compared to the e500's?

Well my major complaint with the e500 was the crappy treble. There is just sooo much of an extension on these vs the e500's. Cymbals sound so much more real so much more detail is revealed without being overly bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, thanks for posting the impressions.
I can't wait to own some custom IEMs like this some day.

Congratulations on getting them. After getting the fit tweaked, do you think they will be comfortable enough for most of your home listening?

Well your welcome! Its probably the roughest reading from a review on head-fi yet but at least its something. I'll have more probably when my Move comes.

As for home listening these things are amazing so far. Ya my right ear was getting agitated last night but now after about 30 mins its fine. I think there was some slight pressing against the flap on my ear on the outside causing uncomfortable pressure that was feeling like it was coming from the inside of my ear. So far these things are much better so far. I may need a few incredibly small adjustments to be considered prefect. I do plan on wearing these things for hours on end and the only bad part about wearing them at home is the complete isolation from outside noise.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #34 of 1,600
congrats and thanks for the pictures and review
etysmile.gif
enjoy!

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #37 of 1,600
Listening to the UE11's on the road today through my ipod, I found that the bass is actually lacking as with most other IEMs I listen to while driving.

Certain songs with a more prominent higher low frequency sound better but the lower frequencies were almost hidden from the slight intrusion of outside noise. If I didn't know the bass was there from listening so many times before I probably wouldn't have even notice.

While listening at home its much more noticeable. Although something I'm noticing more and more is the lack of punch with the bass drum. That said it may just be worth considering my source as the problem and not the IEMs themselves.

I'll post more things I notice once I get my Move on hand.

These things really shouldn't be labeled as the basshead audiophile version because that simply is not the case. Yes the bass is present and impressive but its not overwhelming as one would expect. I would imagine the bass would be much stronger on the 11's than on the 10's for obvious reasons but not enough to warrant them taboo.

My 2 cents.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #38 of 1,600
Hows it goin? I havent posted much but I am a long time reader.
Just curious, are you listening through your ipod and whatnot completely unamped? only asking because I noticed the the UE11s are listed as having a 180ohm impedence on the UE website. If this is the case I could understand why the bass could be lacking when listening straight from an Ipod.

Also they have frequency response chart up on the ue website for the 10s and the 11s. It is clear that the 11s received a big bump in the bass department.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #39 of 1,600
How does the bass compare to the E500 on the road. I recall that the bass from those were still prominent even on the road.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #41 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to the UE11's on the road today through my ipod, I found that the bass is actually lacking as with most other IEMs I listen to while driving.

Certain songs with a more prominent higher low frequency sound better but the lower frequencies were almost hidden from the slight intrusion of outside noise. If I didn't know the bass was there from listening so many times before I probably wouldn't have even notice.

While listening at home its much more noticeable. Although something I'm noticing more and more is the lack of punch with the bass drum. That said it may just be worth considering my source as the problem and not the IEMs themselves.

I'll post more things I notice once I get my Move on hand.

These things really shouldn't be labeled as the basshead audiophile version because that simply is not the case. Yes the bass is present and impressive but its not overwhelming as one would expect. I would imagine the bass would be much stronger on the 11's than on the 10's for obvious reasons but not enough to warrant them taboo.

My 2 cents.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to note on the bass info Jazic. I think once you go line out you are going to see a pretty significant increase in overall bass. The headphone out of the ipod simply doesnt cut it as the freqs are very prominent in the mid range with drop offs in the highs and lows.

You will see once you get your MOVE. I would def buy a good alo line out dock as well.

Great to hear that UE is going to redo your artwork dude!!

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #42 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to note on the bass info Jazic. I think once you go line out you are going to see a pretty significant increase in overall bass. The headphone out of the ipod simply doesnt cut it as the freqs are very prominent in the mid range with drop offs in the highs and lows.

You will see once you get your MOVE. I would def buy a good alo line out dock as well.

Great to hear that UE is going to redo your artwork dude!!

Funny you should mention the bass and the Move. I just unboxed it and poped it into my USB and omg at the BASS!!! Where have thou been ye slammin good ol' time! The bass not only got boosted but its insane how much better it sounds vs the ipod headphone jack.

Currently I'm listening to John Mayer - Continuum - Stop This Train
Wow is the sound of the acoustics and the silky smooth bass amazing. The piano almost brings tears to my eyes its so emotional. I think I just had my first true eargasm! Aww man and all over my keyboard, damn... oh well I have another. I do take back everything I said about the bass drum not feeling like it has any punch.

I'm definitely starting to feel the bass now and wow is it sweet. Being properly driven I could definitely see people who prefer absolutely flat sound spectrum to be disappointed but for those who don't mind crystal clear highs, buttery sweet mids and a very very nice bass non-overly-overpowering bass boost will absolutely eat these up.

As for artwork, what do you guys think about these?

I've had a few mention the skull rocking but I'm really liking the dragon face.
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #44 of 1,600
Also, has anyone figured out a way to reduce the noise from the Move from USB? I remember reading about a self powered USB hub and I've mess with the current/gain jumpers with no luck.

Thanks for the feedback and responses guys. Glad I can help bring some light to a new product.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn you Jazic. You're really making me want to order these bad boys. : /

I'm actually considering getting a pair of Livewires to see what I'm not missing! Hah! Seriously though I want to try them and have a backup or just an alternate so I won't be using these UE11's for lower end things such as listening to podcasts or audiobooks. I'll say this though, I doubt I'll ever be going back to a non-custom IEM again...

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #45 of 1,600
Darn, no sooner than I posted this I realized I had a USB Hub on my 24" Dell LCD and bingo... no static no more hiss when I move a window just an extremely quite hardly audible buzz. Well answered my own question, thanks Brad, your quite welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back