First UE11 Impressions
Aug 4, 2007 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,600

Jazic

1000+ Head-Fier
Got them today and I've put a few hours on them so far. All I can say is I have never heard any better IEM hands down. If I were to take absolutely everything I love about every IEM I've heard and combined it into 1 this would be it x10.

I have not yet heard the UE10's so I really do not have a reference point as far as bass comparisons go but I would say its incredibly good! This is coming from a guy who loves his bass but hates muddy distorted booms. This is an extremely high quality enveloping bass that goes as low as the real thing. Comparing it to the e500 I would say they are about the same as far as presence goes but the UE11's go deeper and brings more excitement. Hearing a bass guitar and the fingers hitting the frets is something thats hard to describe besides jaw dropping.

I've linked a few pictures of unpacking for those interested but I'm thinking they are pretty much identical to the UE10's as far as size comparisons go. They do have a bit of weight to them compared to other IEMs I've worn in the past but they are extremely comfortable aside from the right ear that appears to be slightly too large while the left ear feels as if its not even there. I've got a slight pressure that could probably be easily fixed with some tweaks but honestly I'm going to dread every second I'm parted with these babies. Also the artwork isn't as impressive as I was hoping it would be and I'm having thoughts about having it removed or replaced if possible when I return these back to UE for some adjustment tweaks.

I have never done any type of review other than random ramblings about opinions on certain products I've sampled in my day. That said I do have a Corda Move on the way and I should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Impressions so far on a few songs:

In most every song the cymbals sound extremely good, very clear and whispy with an airy placed felling. Also every single instrument has its own home around my head leaving me with an incredible ability to pin point where every instrument and hear nuances not normally heard such as fingers sliding down the fret board or even in some instance, the frets being pressed!

Eric Clapton - Crossroads 2 (Live in the Seventies) - Walkin' Down The Road

The bass is very present. Some audio purists may consider it overwhelming but I find it a very good mix with the guitars and the milky smooth vocals. The bass is very clear and goes down very very low with each note ringing clearly as the acoustic guitar strumming. The acoustic guitar is jammin and every note comes across as clear as the bass. You even hear him knocking against the body of the guitar a few times and when the strings are hit to hard you can hear them buzzing very clearly. As with most other IEMs I've listened to hearing Eric taking breaths is pretty easy but it stands out more for obvious reasons. The drums punch with identity as well. Vocals are milky and fade into the distance very well.

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction - Paradise City

At the opening the cymbals tapping in what seems to the background are more upfront that the guitars playing in the background as if exchanging seats. The drums leading into the song fade perfectly and seems to fill the room. Once the vocals kick in singing in unison you can hear every voice clearly, even the bass singer. Once the music starts getting crazy the vocals do appear a little laid back and not as upfront as the rest of the music but that could just be my source. The instruments seperate extremely well and everything is very seperated and defined. The reverb in the vocals are extremely easy to make out with the rest of the music playing. Listening to the rest of the song is literally crazy due to every instrument having its own place in the stage but I do beleive that is intentional.
tongue.gif

Metallica - Master of Puppets - Orion

Being this is an instrumental song vocals wont apply but really who pays attention to vocals in old school metallica anyways? The rhythme slams into a really strong beat. One thing while listening to this song I never noticed before was the bassist pressing the frets. You'll know its the bassist because the fret presses are deep but stands out if your listening. The bass could again be considered a little overwhelming for a flat EQ but it sounds perfect to my ears. Near the middle of the song once everything slows down a little things echo into the distance as I've never heard or noticed before. The reverb or decay is flawless sounds very good.

Tenacious D - Tenacious D - Tribute

The acoustics start off and you can tell he using a soft guitar pick was the first thing I noticed due to my experience with guitars. Again with a mix of acoustic, electric guitar, bass and drums plus vocals everything is very defined and its easy to still hear the acoustic playing in your left ear as when the song first started. The cymbals sound very crisp and airy. If you haven't heard this song you really should, great song.

Forgot to mention: Forgot to add, thanks Todd (trose49)! If don't mention him he'll call me mean names.
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 1,600
I have been looking at them in the mirror and the art really isn't as bad as you'd think. The marble on the other hand is freaking awesome looking... Although I did ask for a metallic swirl but oh well, I'm happy aside from the discomfort with the right ear. Guess I shouldn't have been eating that apple when I got my ear impressions! jkin
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 1,600
Ohhhhhhh sweet nectar.........

blink.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...
I gotta get one of those.
How much did they cost you in total?

$1150+30+15

IEM + Shipping NDA + Saturday Delivery

First 60 or 90 days offers free artwork so add an extra $100 after that but for me there was no charge.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 1,600
Congrats Jazic. I believe you are the first UE-11 customer other then people who received "betas" or "demos"

Thanks for the props but it's all about you and those amazing pieces of technology you have there.

I see what you mean the artwork does grow on ya but it is not what I expected. I guess you should have told them you wanted the image lines cleaned up and not just to copy the photo.

I wish we had matching ears!! LOL!!

Enjoy!

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 1,600
wann try ,wanna try, wanna try
hope they're not far more superior than the 10's...so i don't have to spend a grand

T T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back