First UE11 Impressions
May 11, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #1,051 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting that we all hear differently. The UE11 to me are the best I have ever headphone I have ever heard. Add to that the total bonus of the portability and high comfort factor and it is really hard to beat.

You clearly enjoy the Edition 9's....for me, I'd pick up the UE11 any day over the Edition 9. We all just enjoy different sound signatures.

The UE11/Predator combo is really something amazing.

Portability is a bonus if you really need it, but honestly I will not take them out to any place with this price tag, if anybody knows what they are worth, you are history in NY!!!!

BTW buddy, you can keep on dreaming, but the UE11 can't touch the Edition 9 in resolution, preference appart, same as many other full size heapdhones, the highs are a lot better and more refined, and more defined, same as the bass, it goes deeper and better quality...not any other IEM that I have heard so far (a few fo them)

With all those IEM's out there, they will have a real hard time to get me to pay that price, as I much preffer what I have that cost a lot less.

BTW I own the Sleeks, and the Klipsch Images and sold the Shure SE420 recently, for the ones who asked, I have owned also the AL716, and have heard a few of the ones currently out. In the first international meeting my table was besides Westone...

Again what I heard, with all due honesty, is not worth $1200.00 at all...They do not sound bad, but IMO not worth that tag....
wink.gif

May 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #1,052 of 1,600
let's keep this thread to "your impressions" not qualifying "others' impressions".

I am so tired of us talking about the person or people versus the headphones and our own opinions. After all no one knows the truth-- it is just an opinion (one of billions).

May 11, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #1,053 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Portability is a bonus if you really need it, but honestly I will not take them out to any place with this price tag, if anybody knows what they are worth, you are history in NY!!!!

this is actually one of the (few) circumstances in which "cannot be used by anyone else" helps
wink.gif

Quote:

BTW buddy, you can keep on dreaming, but the UE11 can't touch the Edition 9 in resolution, preference appart, same as many other full size heapdhones, the highs are a lot better and more refined, and more defined, same as the bass, it goes deeper and better quality...not any other IEM that I have heard so far (a few fo them)

I'm sure someone who actually has both will chime in on this question sooner or later. For example, I somehow doubt that this is mark_h's first pair of headphones of this.. price.

Quote:

BTW I own the Sleeks, and the Klipsch Images and sold the Shure SE420 recently, for the ones who asked, I have owned also the AL716, and have heard a few of the ones currently out. In the first international meeting my table was besides Westone...

Oh! not to bad then. This at least is some evidence that you're not simply "anti IEM". Perhaps you should demo the e500s/triple.fis. if you're looking for something better. OR try some livewires/freqs
wink.gif

Quote:

Again what I heard, with all due honesty, is not worth $1200.00 at all...They do not sound bad, but IMO not worth that tag....
wink.gif

You might be interested to note that only one verified UE 11 owner actually agrees with you.

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Poll Results

(and he had fit issues, so that's kinda expected)

May 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #1,054 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's keep this thread to "your impressions" not qualifying "others' impressions".

I am so tired of us talking about the person or people versus the headphones and our own opinions. After all no one knows the truth-- it is just an opinion (one of billions).

I think there is some value in looking at the perspective from which each individual person has their opinion.

May 11, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #1,055 of 1,600
I know that some people have their initials on the inside surface of the UE11. I was wondering if an email address at that location would be readable. Having an email address might result in recovering the IEM if it was lost/stolen.

Explorer

May 11, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #1,056 of 1,600
It is also my opinion that IEMs can't sound as LIVE as full-sized headphones. Sure, at times, I love the intimate and closed-in sound of my IEMs, but they can't compare to full-sized headphones in terms of reproducing sound that is similar to live orchestral concerts. Cans have much more potential for "air" and "openness" than do IEMs, which sound warm and fuzzy. IEMs make the music sound slightly different in an intimate way. Every single detail is made apparent, whereas with a can, the details are there but not emphasized.

May 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #1,057 of 1,600
That is true xand, but maybe the one who is willing to hit you for it, for sure has no clue that they can only be used by you, and maybe knows the value as was heard in someplace, but honestly I prefer that other put the head and not me....
tongue.gif

As a general rule xand my sound is not what Shure offers, also I need very thin bodied IEMs as otherwise will have fit issues to get a proper seal, that was in part why I opted for those two, but on top I liked the sound better to be honest...Out of the LISA III those are simply winners...
My question is, have you heard those two in question? They sound very good IMO. The first thing that I look for in any audio equipment is that I must like what I heard, later on we could work around the rest, but if I do not like it, sorry, I do not care how much they cost, if they are only one pair in the whole green planet, or if they are 100 years old, etc...To me audio is meant to be heard, not a trophy to be shown in meetings as a rare thing, or as a pissing match to show that I can afford this or that. Do not forget that in part to be smart IMO, has more to do with spending your money wisely, and sometimes moderate priced equipment give you more value than others more expensive...

May 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #1,058 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there is some value in looking at the perspective from which each individual person has their opinion.

I think the operative word is "some". Theoretically understanding each debator's perspective is positive.

Although sometimes (IMO a lot of times in the States) the purpose of understanding someone's perspective is an effort to:

a) Overlook the soundness of the argument itself and focus on the person

or

b) Overlook an objective analysis of the argument and focus on the person themselves -- kind of a halo effect. Whatever this person says is gold because they have done this or that or because they are nice people.

May 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #1,059 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is not true at all. and that was why they were there, and why they had the universal fit mold, so you have an idea of how they sound. How do you expect a person to invest $1200.00 on something that have no idea of how will sound, and can not heard before unless wit the custom fit, as according to you there is not way of trying it if not customized, right? Then what about if you do not like them even after the customization, can they take it back like that??? That is simply ridiculous...

Let me be direct with you here - it seems that is the only way you will understand -

How much we "value" (to your point more than just money - or for you maybe just money) the pure enjoyment of music and the quality of what we hear (and that is different to everyone - I have often wondered what it would be like to "hear" something the way another person does..) is what drives us to a given point on the quality vs. cost curve. For some it is defined by cost - I will spend $ and not a dime more, and they strive for the best they can get within that price. Then there is the flip side where quality is the definition and they pay as much as it takes to get it. (This is where the UE11's sit)

That is also why there are products from $3 - $1200 for earphones/IEM's and who knows how high for headphones. The mistake we make is applying OUR "values" for sound quality to somebody else's decision and telling them how "wrong or "stupid" or "silly" their choice was and that's where the flame wars start. Having differing opinions as to whether a product is worth the $$ or not, is a valid topic, insulting others (and you are being insulting) is not valid under any conditions.
mad.gif

May 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #1,060 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me be direct with you here - it seems that is the only way you will understand -

How much we "value" (to your point more than just money - or for you maybe just money) the pure enjoyment of music and the quality of what we hear (and that is different to everyone - I have often wondered what it would be like to "hear" something the way another person does..) is what drives us to a given point on the quality vs. cost curve. For some it is defined by cost - I will spend $ and not a dime more, and they strive for the best they can get within that price. Then there is the flip side where quality is the definition and they pay as much as it takes to get it. (This is where the UE11's sit)

That is also why there are products from $3 - $1200 for earphones/IEM's and who knows how high for headphones. The mistake we make is applying OUR "values" for sound quality to somebody else's decision and telling them how "wrong or "stupid" or "silly" their choice was and that's where the flame wars start. Having differing opinions as to whether a product is worth the $$ or not, is a valid topic, insulting others (and you are being insulting) is not valid under any conditions.
mad.gif

First of all I have not insulted anybody, show me where...and I do not want anybody to think the same way I do, who said that? That I will not spend that price on them (nor any other) doesn't mean that the rest has to follow me, and if you like them, bravo for you!!! I never said that you are stupid or silly, or dumb, for liking them, just that I found better values on other products out there. But maybe you don't, you are entitled to your opinion, same as I'm to mine, simply as that.

Second I will be as direct as you are, as well, IMO the UE11 offer at that price point, less than others with a lot less price tag (if you are looking for enjoyment only as I do) it is not a matter that you are paying more, to get more, as the case of the R-10 or the Orpheus, and that is what I found bizarre, IMO the price of the UE11 is not according to what they offer soundwise, but as we all hear different I think that I'm entitled to that opinion, right? That is the only thing I'm trying ot say, period....

BTW I'm not limiting the rejection of them by the price only, I would not get them even if they cost $150.00, simply I do not like what they offer a single bit, same as the SE420, SE530, and fit aside. Same as others will not like the Grado sound, or the HD650, or the Edtion 9s, or the R-10, or even the Orpheus, there is no one size fits all in audio, to me the sound size the UE11 offers do not fits me and period, at any price point, but less at the tag they are using now...not sure if I'm clear enough now!!!! Jesus!!!!

May 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #1,061 of 1,600
I think you're making too big a deal out of this sovkiller. Your point was that you didn't like it and don't think it's worth the price. However, others may like it, think it's worth it, AND feel the UE11 is better than their ED9. They are entitled to those opinions just as much as you are entitled to not liking them. Besides, you did not listen to the actual custom and probably had 30 minutes max of experience with the generic UE11. This is not enough time to make concrete conclusions.

May 11, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #1,062 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're making too big a deal out of this sovkiller. Your point was that you didn't like it and don't think it's worth the price. However, others may like it, think it's worth it, AND feel the UE11 is better than their ED9. They are entitled to those opinions just as much as you are entitled to not liking them. Besides, you did not listen to the actual custom and probably had 30 minutes max of experience with the generic UE11. This is not enough time to make concrete conclusions.

I understand that, but why taking that so personally? Everybody is over me just because of my opinion, how many other members have stated they do not like this or that heapdhone, and everybody is happy, why not accepting that other member, in that case me, would or not like the UE11...Were they made by God?

This thread is called "First UE11 impressions", well those are my first UE11 impressions, this is not a review in details of a two years owner of them, we are all talking of first impressions of them...As you said if I get the custom molds and spend some time with them, maybe I will like them not sure...But my first impressions are these.

May 11, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #1,063 of 1,600
this thread has gone down a little-- we have had one impression over the last thirty posts.

That's 1/30. Perhaps this is indicative of UE11 pros value. It's 30 times more expensive than other IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

I own a pair, love them... more than the IMAGEs and Triple fis and other IEMs in terms of tone, treble and body.

But are there any other impressions? Good or bad.

May 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #1,065 of 1,600
I would love to compare the edition 9 and the UE11. I don't really listen to my full size cans anymore because the UE's cover all the bases! But I have been following Jamato8's thread with interest, and they sound pretty amazing; just so hard to get in the UK. I find the grados I have really harsh on my ears now, where the The UE's are lush. I think they are all going to fund the E9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back