First Timer, advice
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

smogsy

New Head-Fier
Feb 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
So i ordered my first audiophile headphones,

AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphones

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1082,pid,1082,nodeid,2,_language,EN,view,specs.html

Anything i need to get ready?
Using My PC with ASUS Xonar STX

Ive setup The ASUS XONAR to 44.1hz set to Hi-fi
MediaMonkey installed with all my FLAC content ready

Now i know you need to break them in, but anything else worth getting ready for a sweet exprience

Looks good to me.

I've never used MediaMonkey (more of a foobar fan). I'd just make sure that all the settings are set correctly in MediaMonkey as well as in the OS sound settings.

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
So i ordered my first audiophile headphones,

AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphones

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1082,pid,1082,nodeid,2,_language,EN,view,specs.html

Anything i need to get ready?
Using My PC with ASUS Xonar STX

Ive setup The ASUS XONAR to 44.1hz set to Hi-fi
MediaMonkey installed with all my FLAC content ready

Now i know you need to break them in, but anything else worth getting ready for a sweet exprience

Heya,

#1 thing to do when you get them is to simply listen to them. Don't waste your time with ritual burn in mumbojumbo. And make this special note, don't throw them off after 5 minutes of listening. Listen for a while. Take a break. Listen to them for a while again. Take a break. Let your ears/brain get used to them. Then start listening to the music again. Listen to several genres and albums. Don't just listen to one song over and over. Or one aspect of audio. Listen to a broad range of things. Completely. Don't just scan through to the "best parts" looking for euphoria. Listen to things completely. Do it in a relaxed setting with some privacy and no interruption. Do this for a few days. Then, after that, judge them.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back