First serious closed headohones reccomendations needed!
May 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #47 of 62
denon makes the best quality closed ear cans.  any cans that are higher than like 40 ohms would like an amp to open up their potential...you are looking in the wrong place if you want good highs mids, closed cans are always subpar to any open ear cans in mid-high quality......except denon, they make closed quality cans.......it's just my opinion

May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #48 of 62
denon makes the best quality closed ear cans.  any cans that are higher than like 40 ohms would like an amp to open up their potential...you are looking in the wrong place if you want good highs mids, closed cans are always subpar to any open ear cans in mid-high quality......except denon, they make closed quality cans.......it's just my opinion

Yeah see what you mean. My bus is loud though so I could use closed. Also I listen to metal which sounds better with mids and highs instead of bass.

May 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #49 of 62
HP100 is closed, HP200 is open back.[/quote

It said online that they are open

And you believe everything you read online?
Look at my headphone inventory on my profile. I have had HP100 and HP200, I'm telling you now HP100 are CLOSED BACK, HP200 are OPEN BACK.

Please, you sound arrogant, like you know more than the people that have had that headphone.

May 9, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #50 of 62
And you believe everything you read online?
Look at my headphone inventory on my profile. I have had HP100 and HP200, I'm telling you now HP100 are CLOSED BACK, HP200 are OPEN BACK.

Please, you sound arrogant, like you know more than the people that have had that headphone.

Sorry if I cam off as arrogant, I just don't want to buy the wrong headphones again.

May 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #51 of 62
Sorry if I cam off as arrogant, I just don't want to buy the wrong headphones again.

No problem, check out my HP100 review thread, 11 pages of comments. You can't go wrong with them. But get them from an official distributor like hifiheadphones.co.uk or advancedmp3players.co.uk

Good luck on your search

May 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #54 of 62
Not exactly recessed but slightly behind. Metal sounds good, as they are smooth yet detailed. They work well with all genres.

May 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #56 of 62
Just listen to them, if you like leave them playing at slightly louder than listening volume overnight for 2 nights.

May 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #60 of 62
Both will be ok with portable sources, both benefit from amps too. HP100 will be more comfy and has slightly better sound, more balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back