First real speakers
Jun 4, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #76 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DNA Sequence Speakers dipole open baffle woofer high efficiency point source array midrange tweeter treble loudspeaker

Maybe I could make these. They certainly look interesting.

They are pretty cool, aren't they? I talked to Don about them at CanJam and they sound like they'd be wonderful.

For something along similar lines, go check out the Phoenix, Orion and Pluto at Linkwitz Lab - Loudspeaker Design. The Orion really grabbed my interest around the beginning of the year, so I bought the board kit, crossover components, and have been picking up the drivers along the way. I'll order the amp in a few months, then try my hand at the cabinets. So take a look - I think you'll like what you find there.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by orthikon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define audiophile speaker...

Have you listened to the Mackie's? What speakers do you currently have?

Here we go again, guys are calling me ...

YES i did, did you ?

Want to see my speakers ?

Mom...

27.jpg

25.jpg

24.jpg

28.jpg

Want to know what is audiophile speakers ?

Geez, my nick is KOMI, not a "WIKI" .. anyway .. if you read my earlier posts in THIS TOPIC, you will find THTA link:

Studio monitor

... Monitor vs Hi-Fi speakers
While no rigid distinction exists between consumer speakers and studio monitors, manufacturers more and more accent the difference in their marketing material. Whereas in the 1970s the JBL 4311’s domestic equivalent, the L-100, was used in a large number of homes, and the Yamaha NS-10 also served both domestically and professionally during the 1980s, there are no present-day equivalents. Professional companies such as Fostex, Genelec, Event, KRK Systems, Mackie, Klein and Hummel, Quested, PMC, and M & K sell almost exclusively to the professional monitor market, while most of the consumer audio manufacturers confine themselves to supplying speakers for the home. Even companies that straddle both worlds, like Tannoy, ADAM, Focal/JM Labs, Dynaudio, and JBL, tend to clearly differentiate their monitor and hi-fi lines.

Generally, studio monitors are physically robust, to cope with the high volumes and physical knocks that may happen in the studio, and studio monitors are for listening at shorter distances (e.g., near field) than hi-fi speakers. As well, studio monitors are increasingly self-amplified (active), although not exclusively so, while hi-fi speakers usually require external amplification.

Studio monitors are marketed that they are designed to yield a flat frequency response while hi-fi speakers may favor marketing that makes claims of pleasing sound. If a speaker “makes everything sound great,” that may be seen as a benefit by audiophiles listening to music at home but studio engineers will see this as a weakness. [size=medium]However, in conclusion and in light of the above, the suitability of any given speaker for monitoring duties can not be predicted purely on the market segment for which the speaker was originally advertised[/size].

Many inexpensive hi-fi models are designed to make a pleasing sound by deliberately manipulating the frequency response curve of the audio signal they receive. No speaker, monitor or hi-fi, regardless of the design principle, has a completely flat frequency response; all speakers color the sound to some degree. The 'monitor' speaker is assumed to be as free as possible from coloration.,

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #78 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are pretty cool, aren't they? I talked to Don about them at CanJam and they sound like they'd be wonderful.

For something along similar lines, go check out the Phoenix, Orion and Pluto at Linkwitz Lab - Loudspeaker Design. The Orion really grabbed my interest around the beginning of the year, so I bought the board kit, crossover components, and have been picking up the drivers along the way. I'll order the amp in a few months, then try my hand at the cabinets. So take a look - I think you'll like what you find there.

Those are just a BEAUTIES!

Maybe gonna make them one of those days :

There is complete kit [drivers only] for sale here, and actualy - i think is a good deal ...

Orion+ Speakers Pair - Drive Units Only

There is a some finished speakers and some cabinet kits for Orion, but i think is too pricey!

ORION Loudspeaker System by Wood Artistry

I have chance to to listen SEAS drivers and man, they are BEAUTIES !

VROEMEN Speakers listening impression

Regards !

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #81 of 84
Quote:

The link you provided does not define audiophile speakers...

Props on your fabrication skills though
biggrin.gif

UTFSF !

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #82 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UTFSF !

Ooooooooo wanna play that game now huh? I want you to define it so I can invalidate your point. But since you result on expletives now, I might as well say that your comprehension skills aren't as good as your fabrication skills.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #83 of 84
Quote:

Ooooooooo wanna play that game now huh? I want you to define it so I can invalidate your point. But since you result on expletives now, I might as well say that your comprehension skills aren't as good as your fabrication skills.

Just leave me alone, whats wrong with you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back