First post, looking for a new headset around $400 budget
Aug 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #46 of 65
Quote:
The UPS tracking numbers provided to me did not work, when I tried using them at the UPS website for tracking #'s. I sent an e-mail to the Hifiman e-mail for shipping found on their website. Here is the response I got, maybe it will make sense to someone but certainly not I:

Has anyone taken a philosophy 101, please tell me this is a good argument:
Since it is not working,
It should be fine?

(I've replaced the #'s with x's)

profile_mask2.png

HiFiMAN Corporation shipping@head-direct.com
9:32 PM (10 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear customer,

Your HE400 ship from DE USA via usps, the tracking number is CFxxxxxxxxxUS.
The others ship from IL USA  via usps too,the tracking number is LJxxxxxxxxxUS.
Since sometimes USPS tracking system is not working so that you can not track the package, it should work fine and delivery in time. Pls let me know if you do not receive anything in 15 to 20 business days, then we will do another shipping.

Best,
Head-Direct Corporation Shipping Dept
URBANA, IL
USA
cleardot.gif

Maybe you mixed up UPS and USPS?

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #48 of 65
Quote:
The UPS tracking numbers provided to me did not work, when I tried using them at the UPS website for tracking #'s. I sent an e-mail to the Hifiman e-mail for shipping found on their website. Here is the response I got, maybe it will make sense to someone but certainly not I:

Has anyone taken a philosophy 101, please tell me this is a good argument:
Since it is not working,
It should be fine?

(I've replaced the #'s with x's)

profile_mask2.png

HiFiMAN Corporation shipping@head-direct.com
9:32 PM (10 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear customer,

Your HE400 ship from DE USA via usps, the tracking number is CFxxxxxxxxxUS.
The others ship from IL USA  via usps too,the tracking number is LJxxxxxxxxxUS.
Since sometimes USPS tracking system is not working so that you can not track the package, it should work fine and delivery in time. Pls let me know if you do not receive anything in 15 to 20 business days, then we will do another shipping.

Best,
Head-Direct Corporation Shipping Dept
URBANA, IL
USA
cleardot.gif

UPS != USPS Those are both USPS tracking numbers. I suggest USPS.com for your tracking. :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #52 of 65
HE400s came today. Had to shell out $23 CAD for duty fees.

Newb reporting in: Not gonna lie here, I fully expected to be able to plug them into my desktop. The plug is too big for my poor Asus Xonar Phoebus card!

How should I remedy this, as I'd like to see what my headphones sound like :)

I have the fiio e17 arriving soon and an Lod, hopefully that helps the situation?

Over and out!

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #53 of 65
Quote:
HE400s came today. Had to shell out $23 CAD for duty fees.

Newb reporting in: Not gonna lie here, I fully expected to be able to plug them into my desktop. The plug is too big for my poor Asus Xonar Phoebus card!

How should I remedy this, as I'd like to see what my headphones sound like :)

I have the fiio e17 arriving soon and an Lod, hopefully that helps the situation?

Over and out!

Unless you got one of the ancient rev. 1 HE400s, the cable should have come as one terminated with 3.5mm stereo plug with a pop-on 1/4'' adapter. Try pulling the termination off to see if it's just the adapter on there?

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #55 of 65
Beginning to think the HE-400 is too much headphone for you if you didn't see that the plug had an adapter. XD

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #58 of 65
What are you playing it off? Also, make sure you have equalizers turned off (to see if it's a bass boost that may be causing issues), etc. Not sure if you own a competent soundcard, or an amp+dac, which are things the HE-400 DEFINITELY deserve.

Also, the HE-400 is actually really revealing, to the point I thought mine was messed up, but happened to be the files I was playing.

Also, if you don't already have them, I HIGHLY suggest you order the velour pads from Head-Direct. They make the HE-400 considerably better sounding than the pleather pads.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #59 of 65
Quote:
What are you playing it off? Also, make sure you have equalizers turned off (to see if it's a bass boost that may be causing issues), etc. Not sure if you own a competent soundcard, or an amp+dac, which are things the HE-400 DEFINITELY deserve.
Also, the HE-400 is actually really revealing, to the point I thought mine was messed up, but happened to be the files I was playing.
Also, if you don't already have them, I HIGHLY suggest you order the velour pads from Head-Direct. They make the HE-400 considerably better sounding than the pleather pads.

velour pads and fiio e17 amp/dac I ordered at the same time, they're coming in a second package. My sound card *should* be good as its the brand new gaming sound card from Asus was released less than a month ago and $200.00.

I was playing some FLAC files I recently downloaded from different sources, so I thought that would imply they are great quality. I will try to play around with the sound card software, hopefully there will be some answers and it's not a hardware issue

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #60 of 65
Ah ok. You should be fine. Even FLAC files can be mastered terribly, FYI.

Keep testing, and going through your entire library of music. I'm sure you're probably picking up garbage from the recordings.

I was paranoid about it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back