First post, looking for a new headset around $400 budget
Aug 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #61 of 65
Here is what I see in my sound card settings:
- Sample Rate (Currently set to 44.1KHz and 16 Bits) Other options are (24 Bits instead of 16) and for the KHz:  48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz.
-Headphone Settings - (Currently set to Normal Gain (0dB for <64 ohms) Other options are (High Gain 6dB for 64~150 ohms, or Extra High Gain (12dB for > 150 ohms)
-Volume Control: L= -19.9 dB , R = -19.9 dB. (Could go up to 0 or down to -109)

Also says
Playback: Headphone
Capture: Aux in
441.KHz
Out
EM XS
KS
VF

Dolby PCEEv4

Some other settings are:

- Launch Dolby UI to Set related paramters (This will open Dobly Home Theater v4). There is an equalizer there but I am not touching it at the moment as I don't know how to operate it.
- Xear Surround Headphoens option and Xear SingFX (not using these features atm)
- Environmental Effects (not using these)

Do i need to go into the dolby home theatre to play with the equalizer, or should any of the other settings be changed right off the get go? :D

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:
Here's the details of my configuration so far:

sound card: ASUS Xonar Phoebus http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/
surround sound gaming headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en
music headset with great bass: TBD!
cpu: i7 2600k
mobo: AS Rock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
psu: AX1200
gpu: 2 sli gtx 580 3gb's

Thanks all for your input/consideration, I am really new at this and am confident I am taking a step in the right direction by consulting yee wise gentlemen/ladies! :)

Sorry to go off topic... but you got a nice rig my friend!

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #63 of 65
I heard the HE400 like the +12db with the E17. I won't be getting my E17 until next week, so I can't be certain.

Try the different gain levels. You can't go off just basic instructions. planars are low ohms, and much harder to drive than typical headphones. The HE400 is efficient for a planar, but still not easy to drive.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Sorry to go off topic... but you got a nice rig my friend!

Thanks man. I am looking to learn how to upgrade from air to a watercooling system now, will also get a new case as part of the upgrade. Might  go with the sure fire corsair 800D.  I am pretty newbie at WC, much like audio :p. If anyone is selling wc parts I'd be interested.

Mad Lust, we can try out the e17 at the same time! It turns out the scratchiness interference I was getting was just the FLAC file as you suspected. I found some reallllly nice pure dubstep files. I don't think they're flac, either!

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #65 of 65
I don't put much stock on FLAC vs high quality mp3. I'm fine with 256/320kbps MP3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back