First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps?
Jun 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

D-Cone

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone this is my first post here on Head-Fi, just had a question and wanted some feedback on some things.

I'm looking to sell my Beats by Dre Studio headphones (WHY DID I BUY THESE!?!?) and get get the V-Moda Crossfade M-80 headphones.  Would you recommend these to an aspiring Audiophile on a budget?

The reasons I chose these headphones:
-Portable
-Look great!
-Very good sound quality, from what I've heard
-VERY durable

Please tell me if you think these are worth getting.

ALSO I would also like to get a portable headphone amp/DAC, could anyone recommend one for someone on a budget of $50 or so? Thanks!

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 10
well first of all, no need to bump a thread after 60 seconds.

secondly, what is your budget? music preference?

Have you read any of the reviews/comparisons already done on the M-80s?  If not.

as far as amps, FIIO makes some good amps for the budget user. there are also options like the PA2V2, CMOY, ect.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
well first of all, no need to bump a thread after 60 seconds.

secondly, what is your budget? music preference?

Have you read any of the reviews/comparisons already done on the M-80s?  If not.

as far as amps, FIIO makes some good amps for the budget user. there are also options like the PA2V2, CMOY, ect.

Budget - Well I guess whatever I can get for my Beats, $200 or so I guess for the headphones, $50 or so for the amp.

I've read LOTS of reviews online about the M80's and everyone seems to praise them.

And another thing about the amp, it has to be just 3.5mm in and out, no USB.  Thanks!

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Budget - Well I guess whatever I can get for my Beats, $200 or so I guess for the headphones, $50 or so for the amp.

I've read LOTS of reviews online about the M80's and everyone seems to praise them.

And as far as my music I listen to mostly jam bands, rock, (lots of live stuff), some hip-hop, and dubstep

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 10
Calm down with the thread bumping, old stick.  While there are a lot of people who use these forums, it isn't facebook.  Don't expect immediate answers.  

As for amps, you could probably pick up a used Fiio E11 or iBasso T5 for $50 off ebay, as well as the better made Cmoy amps.  The M80s aren't particularly bass heavy, so the bass boost on the E11 (I don't know if the T5 does it) might come in handy for the dubstep.  

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Great Headphone! Audiophile is a tricky word to use sometimes, but I guess they are a good start into the Audiophile lifestyle? They like being Amped too (if you're into that kind of thing... Which you will if you want to be an "Audiophile" 
wink.gif
)

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 10
I say go for it. It has a very nice jack of all trades sound, and do respond well to amping (although you don't necessarily need it). Before you get more into browsing on here though and getting caught up in all the hubub......I'll try to save you your time. Figure out what kind of sound you like, and don't think about the catch phrases. The more you get into this hobby, the more you get a very poetic, overstated way of describing tiny things (I know quite a few of us have been guilty of this lol) . Once you hit that sweet spot, be happy and enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back