First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Mar 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 309

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

head-fi community seems to like the Teclast T51 / S:flo2, since it has a good SQ/$ - ratio. For me it is one of the best portable audio device I heard till now, only the HM-601 tops it IMO. However it is time for a new generation of S:flo/ Teclast hifi player. Not only because of people like me that are freaks for such stuff, but for the T51 and its drawbacks, like the UI and some other small hardware issues.  I am curious about what is coming from Teclast.

These are news about the upcoming Teclast T59. There is not yet much information on it or any release date.
The original post in the Teclast forum:
http://www.teclast.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152014&extra=page%3D1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS 

As far as the original thread goes, a few things have been mentioned - (supposedly) better DAC, better amp section, more ports: phone-out, line-out, digital out, and iPod dock (I wonder how Apple will react to this). Pure music player.

Here is also a picture (isn't it beautiful):

From the Teclast forum:
http://translate.google.at/translate?hl=de&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teclast.com%2Fbbs%2Fforum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D152035
This is some talk about 24bit 96kHz and ditching the video capability, but could be just a discussion.

Well, this all info I could gather till now.

Enjoy waiting for it :)

FYI: This is what the T59 meant to be in 2007,but never came out like that. I think the T39 came instead.

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 309
Great. And I thought the Fiio X3 would settle it all for me when it comes out; now it looks like there's competition.

They probably got a clue from the Head-Fi threads that, despite the T51 originally designed as a video player, people hardly use it to  watch anything. Not to mention the batt life, you might barely get through one 3-hour movie.

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 309
finally! i was wondering when they were going to ditch that lame ui and touch screen!

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 309
RAFA, the thread you linked to is a wish-list / discussion thread, not the original thread that Teclast CS posted. As far as the original thread goes, a few things have been mentioned - (supposedly) better DAC, better amp section, more ports: phone-out, line-out, digital out, and iPod dock (I wonder how Apple will react to this). Pure music player.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 309
dammmmmmm

this is killing me, first i thought id drop for the c60 since already got the c30 but the lack of sd card kills it.  Fiio announce the x3 for march..... then delayed :frowning2: bummer).  Colorfly releases info on the ck4......... to much confusion on this with the model types and sourcing for me to jump just yet.

Now this........... its a good time after a long time of daps dropping off the earth.  If this has got anything near the SQ of the t51 im down and im also loving that people are making audio only daps again.

TBH ill end up buying them all trying them and then ebaying off the ones that dont make the grade but if there is even a modicum of improvement on the Teclast UI  i will jump all over it.  I had the s:flo2 and sounded unlike anything iv ever heard (not had the pleasure of hifimans yet) but i would rather ski down a pair of paralel rusty razor blades on my testicles performing a double back x-up into a pool of boiling salt diluted in vinegar!!!!!!!     

ps while theyre at it fix the battery 2
popcorn.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 309
Mar 10, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #9 of 309

Quote:
ditching video function? i agree 100%, please ditch touch screen too and shrink screen to no more than 2". Don't forget all hardware buttons. 

All together I have watched one movie in the last 1,5 years. There is really no need for the video function.

Quote:
RAFA, the thread you linked to is a wish-list / discussion thread, not the original thread that Teclast CS posted. As far as the original thread goes, a few things have been mentioned - (supposedly) better DAC, better amp section, more ports: phone-out, line-out, digital out, and iPod dock (I wonder how Apple will react to this). Pure music player.

Sorry for my mistake, I always try to read those chinese forums, but it is too difficult to decipher what google is writing. What link do you mean, the first or the second one I posted? Your post kind of turns me pesimistic towards a soon release... What do you think about the picture they posted? It looks kind of real.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #10 of 309
Quote:
Sorry for my mistake, I always try to read those chinese forums, but it is too difficult to decipher what google is writing. What link do you mean, the first or the second one I posted? Your post kind of turns me pesimistic towards a soon release... What do you think about the picture they posted? It looks kind of real.

The speculation (on Teclast and various Chinese forums) so far is looking more and more like an end of year release, or so they said. There will be three players coming, the T59, another (or two?) small DAP which supposedly more for good sound in miniaturization (Cube C30 competitor?), and one more with Full HD Video support with good sound. The idea seems to be to separate the high sound quality line of product from one to three, with different size and function. T59 is the one that will be best sounding but only limits to audio. Personally I think even if Teclast is able to bring T59 out to the market sooner, it will still take them several months to get the firmware right, so perhaps an end-of-year predection isn't really that far off. Also, touch screen seems to be off and bottom is back - which is a good thing since Teclast never did get the firmware for touch screen right.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #11 of 309
The T59 current design look from the drawings i was shown remind me of some sony walkman mp3 players i have seen, but those were just drawings and that was sometime back, i didn't get any info on hardware specifics, other than the final retail pricing of the model was supposed to be much less than the t51. The second dap will be a small mp3 player with an amp based on an existing dap design they have, it will be a c30 type device. The last device i don't know much about. I do think the small mp3 player will be the first to goto mass production.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #13 of 309

Quote:
The speculation (on Teclast and various Chinese forums) so far is looking more and more like an end of year release, or so they said. There will be three players coming, the T59, another (or two?) small DAP which supposedly more for good sound in miniaturization (Cube C30 competitor?), and one more with Full HD Video support with good sound. The idea seems to be to separate the high sound quality line of product from one to three, with different size and function. T59 is the one that will be best sounding but only limits to audio. Personally I think even if Teclast is able to bring T59 out to the market sooner, it will still take them several months to get the firmware right, so perhaps an end-of-year predection isn't really that far off. Also, touch screen seems to be off and bottom is back - which is a good thing since Teclast never did get the firmware for touch screen right.

Could be that Teclast is aiming christmas to release the T59. Indeed it sounds very interesting, to split it up in three products.

Quote:
oh and the t59 is supposed to be based on a Rockchip processor do don't count on 24/96.

For audio only, I think Teclast will choose a similar solution to the other 24/96 DAPs. Maybe a chip from Sigmatel or if they stick with Rockchip, maybe a newer generation.
 @razzer001: I smell a S:flo3

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 309
better DAC!! I mean whats it will be tough! the dual 8740 are great as it is. 

It will be tough to better the SFLO2's DAC  ( if they dont want to price it insanely ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back