First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Sep 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #46 of 309
If it's bigger then T51, nobody is gonna seriously consider this device as a portable player especially considering Colorfly CX4 and HifiMan's bricks (with better performance)... 

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #48 of 309

Quote:
That seems to be Telcasts motive, to always ruin something on the design to upset the customers. At least from one of the original posts I thought it read they intended to make the T59 smaller (at least the screen size) and focused solely on audio. It should have remained rectangle like to be feasible for the pocket. From what I remember they were suppose to make another mp3 player that focus's on video as well while the T59 solely for audio (makes much more sense to me).

Hmm, I do not know how Teclast perceives the market, but it seems they try to compete with companies/brands with giant DAPs with the T59. Colorfly C4, HM801, and some WAV-player from erji.net... Personally, I find the design very charming. But 90% of the other people who expected the T59 to be something else, will not like it. I understand your point.

Quote:
If it's bigger then T51, nobody is gonna seriously consider this device as a portable player especially considering Colorfly CX4 and HifiMan's bricks (with better performance)... 

I think you are correct, only the part about the performance... lets see what will come:)

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #50 of 309
Maybe this is meant to be a music server tablet. Think midi CDPlayer and iTouch spawning a mutant baby. Instead of trying to figure out what DAC-Amp works with the iPad to make a convenient space-saving rig, here's something that will work on its own or through a lineout to an amp in case it can't drive your headphones.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #51 of 309

Quote:

I politely disagree with you on all counts.

The specs already indicate the T59 will be better than T51, Colorfly, Hifiman, etc...

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #53 of 309
It has:

- 24 bit / 192 kHz support
- Wi-Fi
- GPS
- Windows
- MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, APE, FLAC, WMA Lossless, 3GP, RM, RMVB, MPEG2, MPEG4, VOB.
- G-sensor (accelerometre)
- Microphone
- Improved HO over the T51

Only two of these statements are untrue.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #54 of 309

Quote:
It has:

- 24 bit / 192 kHz support
- Wi-Fi
- GPS
- Windows
- MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, APE, FLAC, WMA Lossless, 3GP, RM, RMVB, MPEG2, MPEG4, VOB.
- G-sensor (accelerometre)
- Microphone
- Improved HO over the T51

Only two of these statements are untrue.

I am looking forward to the improved HO, the massive file support and the hi-rez support. BUT i hope stuff like GPS, WiFi, the G-sensor will be let out. This stuff only eats up battery life.

Windows 5-6.x = slow

Not that I want to break the fun here, but I kind of have the feeling that the T59 will be complete different from the photo we saw. Also the specs are pretty vague...

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #56 of 309
I'm not so sure about it sounding better than it's competitors, it's all subjective and until we can hear it for ourselves it's all heresay. While I enjoyed the sound of the T51 it did leave some things to be desired. One big issue was channel imbalance and I sure hope they get that issue worked out. :rolleyes:

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #58 of 309

You sure bet I like the 601 :) The one complaint I have about the 601 is that the UI is so basic and simple,'oh wait that's a plus :wink: Im actually glad that I had so many issues with my sflo2s otherwise I would have never tried the 601. Even with the channel imbalance (Anaxilus confirmed this) the T51 is a great sounding player. When I A & B'd the Sflo2 with the 601 there was really no reason for me to keep the Sflo2 anymore not to mention if I decided to keep it I would be stuck with it's defect (8 hour charging time).

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #60 of 309
I personally liked the S:flo2 a lot more than the 601 and 602. The Hifimans are nice if you want your sound very colored in favor of mids and bass. To me, the S:flo2 was more accurate, dynamic and had a bigger presence. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back