"First Look" at the NEW revised 2012 Beats by Dr Dre Beats Studio headphones unboxing video & impressions to come.
Jul 29, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #76 of 91
Quote:
Do you have an actual Bose store near you? IME those are usually less crowded/noisy than Apple stores or Best Buy.
redface.gif

Apparently yes!  About 4 miles away, there's something called a Bose Showcase Store.  I'm guessing they should have it there for auditioning. 
smile.gif
  God I hope they don't try to put me in one of those rooms with the "fake big speaker cabinet" demo.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #78 of 91
Jul 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #79 of 91
Apparently yes!  About 4 miles away, there's something called a Bose Showcase Store.  I'm guessing they should have it there for auditioning.  :smile:   God I hope they don't try to put me in one of those rooms with the "fake big speaker cabinet" demo.

IIRC the "Showcase Store" will have every item they make on display, that having been said, the two or three I've visited over the years never have the 901 speakers or 802 Panaray system with the DSP controller on-hand to try out, but they usually have the Aviation X headset along with the QC15 (the Aviation X is as close as you get to the headsets they build for tank crews and the space shuttle that you can buy in a retail store).

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #81 of 91
Quote:
So you would buy them for their sound?! .... puke

Nah, I think he's pretty much not in favor of them.  The not liking the looks part was just a bonus. 
smile.gif

Quote:
IIRC the "Showcase Store" will have every item they make on display, that having been said, the two or three I've visited over the years never have the 901 speakers or 802 Panaray system with the DSP controller on-hand to try out, but they usually have the Aviation X headset along with the QC15 (the Aviation X is as close as you get to the headsets they build for tank crews and the space shuttle that you can buy in a retail store).

I don't often make it to that part of town (Century City), but if I do I'll make it a point to stop by.  If for no other reason, it'd be cool to update my impressions of everything. 
smile.gif
  I wish Sennheiser and AKG had stores where people could go and listen as well...

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #82 of 91
I don't often make it to that part of town (Century City), but if I do I'll make it a point to stop by.  If for no other reason, it'd be cool to update my impressions of everything.  :smile:   I wish Sennheiser and AKG had stores where people could go and listen as well...

Supposedly Best Buy is starting to carry the higher-end Sennheiser and Audio-Technica models (I even saw the ESP/950 on their online shop!), but the one near me stops with the 558. I've seen photos of stores with HD 800s and ESW9s and similar on display for customers to try though, no idea how widespread that is.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #83 of 91
It's just at BB with Magnolia inside. Not all BB has high-end headphones. The sad part is peeps there don't know much about headphones.

BTW, BB doesn't have the revised Beats Studio, Pro, MIXR, and some Solo HD. Apple seems to have all the new inventory.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #84 of 91
It's just at BB with Magnolia inside. Not all BB has high-end headphones. The sad part is peeps there don't know much about headphones.
BTW, BB doesn't have the revised Beats Studio, Pro, MIXR, and some Solo HD. Apple seems to have all the new inventory.

My BB has Magnolia and lacks the nicer headphones. :confused_face_2:

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #85 of 91
Quote:
Supposedly Best Buy is starting to carry the higher-end Sennheiser and Audio-Technica models (I even saw the ESP/950 on their online shop!), but the one near me stops with the 558. I've seen photos of stores with HD 800s and ESW9s and similar on display for customers to try though, no idea how widespread that is.

It gets even better, an A-T woody (I didn't catch the model) was featured in their weekly ad.

Quote:

Quote:
My BB has Magnolia and lacks the nicer headphones.
confused_face_2.gif

The BB near me doesn't have a Magnolia, but as of last week they did have a TMA-1, an HDJ-1500, and HDJ-2000, an HD 280, an HD 380 and a Q701 all on listening stations towards the back of the store (near the TVs).

And as you'd expect, almost every BB I've ever been to has a Bose kiosk with the QC3 and QC15 on station.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #86 of 91
It gets even better, an A-T woody (I didn't catch the model) was featured in their weekly ad.

I think it's the ESW9; I've seen that available online through Magnolia. I'm not aware of them selling the ATH-W series (I've never heard of those in a retail store).

The BB near me doesn't have a Magnolia, but as of last week they did have a TMA-1, an HDJ-1500, and HDJ-2000, an HD 280, an HD 380 and a Q701 all on listening stations towards the back of the store (near the TVs).

You suck. :p

And as you'd expect, almost every BB I've ever been to has a Bose kiosk with the QC3 and QC15 on station.

Yep. And they're also probably as loud as an airport and impossible to get a good feel for the cans. The airplane noise demo is neat, but again, it's a bad place to demo any cans. Especially open ones; the QC15 will sound better than most other cans available in BB simply because they isolate best. :xf_eek:

So HiFi,

The "new" Beats products (that look like they're made by Apple, from your videos) are only available through Apple? Where'd you get the Pro from then? I don't see them for sale on the Beats website, and Apple doesn't show them either - did you just luck out with Amazon or what? :confused_face_2:

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #88 of 91
The Beats Pro, Studio, & Wireless I have is designed with "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad" certification so it may be Apple store exclusive.

Hrm. Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest - a lot of headphone manufacturers have created "iDevice versions" of their cans recently (Koss, Bose, Klipsch, Monster (separate from Beats), etc).

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #90 of 91
Quote:
thanks for your review I think these are what I will buy because they are reasonably priced and seem to be good value for money! Thanks!

Just wanted to point out that I did not - at any time whatsoever - mean to imply that Beats are "reasonably priced" or "good value for money"... So if any of my comments came across that way, I apologize for the confusion.  In fact, I consider them horribly priced, and thus an inferior value.  Just wanted to make that clear. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back