First Impressions on Little DOT II tube-amp...
Jun 9, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 41
Being the modder that I am I thought about if there was anything on the unit that seemed like it would benefit from replacing. The capacitors are already packed together somewhat tightly so larger boutique caps would be a difficult fit. The quality of the tube sockets looked like they would benefit from a swap out, but since the tubes are ones that aren't commonly used it might be difficult to find replacements. The RCAs didn't look bad at all, but they would be the easiest swap out. The IEC socket is standard but one could swap it with a Furutech gold plated one pretty easily as well. Not sure the brand of the pot but a Blue Velvet or PEC carbon pot would probably be noticably better. The 1/4 jack could also be replaced but would probably be more trouble than it's worth due to the hole already in the panel.

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #32 of 41
Can't wait the maxed LD2
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2005 at 12:45 PM Post #33 of 41
Has anyone tries to change the tube on LDII?

Jun 11, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #34 of 41
Just so people know, Yang is setting up a person to sell/distribute these in the U.S., which should make payment and delivery a bit easier. I was also sent this link to pictures:

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=111474&fpage=1

I don't read Chinese, but the pics are beautiful. I assume that the 6-tube amp is the LD1?

-Dan

120_35780.jpg

Jun 12, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #36 of 41
Doin' the Snoopy dance!

LD2 ordered, paid for, and will be built in about a week!

Yang said that he will have LD2 gold bottoms like the pictures I posted above of the LD1, in about a week, so I opted to wait for the black/gold color scheme rather than the black/blue or silver/silver.

Can't wait!

-Dan

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #37 of 41
i may be orginising a mini group buy for australians on the LD2, people intrested please pm me

we are looking about about ~60 dollars + australian shipping for these beauties

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
i may be orginising a mini group buy for australians on the LD2, people intrested please pm me

we are looking about about ~60 dollars + australian shipping for these beauties

aha.. at last, a group buy for australians.
biggrin.gif

but, I already got mine
very_evil_smiley.gif
hehe..

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #41 of 41
Ditto. I'm interested in seeing if he'll ship me one that's a set of parts so I can assemble/tweak it myself
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back