First Impressions on Little DOT II tube-amp...
Jun 4, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 41
I emailed the maker about ordering one several days ago, but no response thus far...
frown.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyharmonies
I emailed the maker about ordering one several days ago, but no response thus far...
frown.gif

How can it happen? I emailed him yesterday and got his response today. There is a "watch-dog" firewall between China and outside world, which is established by Chinese Communist Party to monitor its people. Sometimes when you try to send Chinese email, it is just blocked. Try to write again and use very popular email boxes such as MSN, Yahoo, Gmail etc.

Jun 4, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 41
how can I get the little dot 2? I am gonna be in China so local pickup is possible
smily_headphones1.gif
How does it compare to my maxed out pimeta (AD8610) I use now?

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
how can I get the little dot 2? I am gonna be in China so local pickup is possible
smily_headphones1.gif
How does it compare to my maxed out pimeta (AD8610) I use now?

You may go to Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China to visit Yang's local store there.

Shenzhen is a city very close to Hong Kong.

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #21 of 41
right...that's not really an option. HK too far away from where i am.... air mail?

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #23 of 41
GRRR, just when I thought things were going well with me not spending money, I find this. $82 shipped to the US, and I'm in need of an amp for my computer.

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #24 of 41
S_Dedalus: actually imo you should just use the extra inputs on your hd-25 for your computer.

while i acknowledge that the little dot 2 is an excellent deal for those looking to start in tubed amplification, imo i find it hard to imagine it having a real place next to your eddie current hd-25. ymmv.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by palchiu
How about this? my friend.
icon10.gif

A silver one.

002.jpg

pretty cool. nice work
icon10.gif

u have LD I and LD II, palchiu?

any difference in sound?

which one do u prefer?

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
S_Dedalus: actually imo you should just use the extra inputs on your hd-25 for your computer.

while i acknowledge that the little dot 2 is an excellent deal for those looking to start in tubed amplification, imo i find it hard to imagine it having a real place next to your eddie current hd-25. ymmv.
wink.gif

Oh I know, but its cute, and would make a cool gift.

Jun 5, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by palchiu
I like LD II then LD I.
LD II has more power and soundstage, but the sound still changing during burn in.

nice
600smile.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #29 of 41
I did get a response back from the seller. The price is $83.00 shipped to the U.S.

Problem: he only accepts bank transfers. This payment method is MUCH more widely accepted in Europe and Asia. The fees in the U.S. to do a wire transfer are just stupid. My credit union charges $45.00 to do a transfer, and WesternUnion.Com wants $20.00. Are there any inexpensive ways for an American to do a bank transfer?

Thanks.

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 41
The little Dot II arrives... special thanks to my good friend Pal for orchestrating the ordering and shipping for me!
biggrin.gif

LittleDotIn.jpg

LittleDot3.jpg

LittleDot2.jpg

LittleDot1.jpg

Build quality out the outside is good, the inside appears to be quite excellent. Certainly not what I was expecting for the $$. First audition the amp sounds really excellent! I am quite suprised that something can sound so good for so little money
eek.gif
Compared to the heavy hitters it lacks a bit of extension and has a little more tube noise, but who knows what could happen with some tube rolling
smily_headphones1.gif
It's looks like it's going to be tough finding the tubes this little guy uses so if anyone stumbled on a retailer that sells them be sure to let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back