FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Feb 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #1,216 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when are these going to be instock today?

Supposed to be today according to the website. I sent an email in asking when they will be available for order. I'll update when I hear something back from them.

-sid

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #1,217 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by vokain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the point of digital out from a DAC? Is the signal amplified or something?

The digital out is so the udac can act like a usb spdif device if your computer doesn't already have digital out. Comes in handy if you want to test/use other dacs that don't have a usb interface.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,219 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uDAC and HDP will be shipped from factory on 2/10 and should arrived on 2/12. We will start to take orders from Amazon.com on 2/11.

Thanks for the update Jason. If I order tomorrow, 2/11, and select next day delivery will I receive the unit this week? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to order next day so that it will make it here this week, probably Saturday. Thanks.

-sid

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #1,220 of 1,841
Finally got my uDac today! While it sounds very nice out of the box, I will wait with any impressions.

I'm noticing quite severe channel imbalance in the lower end of the volume control. I have to go all the way to 9'o clock to avoid this.. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if I got a "bad" unit.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #1,221 of 1,841
I doubt Kernel Stream would affect SQ at all unless you otherwise get some signal degradation in the software mixer (which should not happen unless you use other apps at the same time). If anything, it might slightly lower CPU load but that's it.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,222 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by sune /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm noticing quite severe channel imbalance in the lower end of the volume control. I have to go all the way to 9'o clock to avoid this.. Has anyone else experienced this?

I struggle with the same unpleasant phenomenon. Already posted it here on the NuForce support forum, but no decent insights yet.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #1,223 of 1,841
Just finished the lil' amp to go with the uDAC. They look like brothers. One thing to notice is that the sound distorted with the uDAC at full volume. I had to crank down the volume to get rid of this.

4346315511_fb9934d535_d.jpg

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #1,225 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished the lil' amp to go with the uDAC. They look like brothers. One thing to notice is that the sound distorted with the uDAC at full volume. I had to crank down the volume to get rid of this.

4346315511_fb9934d535_d.jpg

Beautiful amplifier!!!
Wich amp is this ?

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #1,226 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uDAC and HDP will be shipped from factory on 2/10 and should arrived on 2/12. We will start to take orders from Amazon.com on 2/11.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid311 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the update Jason. If I order tomorrow, 2/11, and select next day delivery will I receive the unit this week? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to order next day so that it will make it here this week, probably Saturday. Thanks.

-sid

Dude, he just said they will arrive to Nuforce on Friday - see above (shipping from Taiwan). Not sure how they can get you one this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcfranco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful amplifier!!!
Wich amp is this ?

Looks like a Millett Starving Student Hybrid - my 12 year old son has one that's built into a NASCAR 24 candy tin, but he keeps borrowing my EF2 instead.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #1,228 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How the heck did your son build one of those!?

I didn't say that my son built it. -=Someone=- else put together an "rds kit" that I bought for his birthday. He supplied the candy tin to the -=builder=- who wired up the rds kit and cased it up for the cost of wire and shipping.

The heat-sinks were too big to fit on the back window so they became the motor, and the tube sockets were too big to be headlights, but the small LEDs next to the tubes should have been in the headlight location. Not sure what happened there. Still looks pretty cool. RCA inputs go into the front and rear wheels on the right side, headphone out is the left front wheel, and volume knob on the left rear wheel. Power switch on the front windshield. Power goes into the center of the right door.

He uses it in his bedroom with the Grado HF-2 he bought, and uses the EF2 or a spare uDAC with his laptop in the kitchen while doing homework.

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture963-nascar24meet2008.jpg

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #1,229 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
Just discovered that using Kernel Streaming (KS) mode, the sound of uDAC is hugely improved!!!

More info on KS: foobar2000: Components Repository - Kernel Streaming support

Windows 7 users, you guys using WASAPI, Asio or KS?

Gonna pull the trigger on the uDac once they're back in stock... can't wait to finally have a decent dac / amp for my headphones...
L3000.gif

EDIT: Looks like these puppies are back in stock! Wahoo! I just pulled the trigger. Oh, but then there is the horrible wait... (postage to Australia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back