FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 21, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #857 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the mids, you can use the simple term "forward". The upper mids to highs "aggressive"
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I havent gotten my uDac yet... I did get a phone call from fedex saying i got taxed an equivalent of $36 in USD. What!!! after all the hassle of waiting since the 12th of december when I placed my order and I pay even more for the little bugger. I sent Nuforce and JasonL messages about this to see what they can do for me. After all I did suggest for them to use Express Mail so that I wouldn't be taxed and they suddenly decide on their own to use fedex. baaahhh the hassle, the wait, the extra spending.

Jasonl did tell me that I will end up not spending more money so I hope they will at least reimburse me the $36. Or at least give me the super delayed udac that was shipped over a month ago for free in case it arrives... Or something at least to make us all happy. I'm sure everyone ordering from the Philippines will appreciate it if they shipped using Express Mail (EMS)

Yes, that is really an unfortunate charge --, more than 1/3 the price of the DAC -- and especially when it is unnecessary if EMS was used instead. I hope they can do something for you - the time delay itself is excessive, imho. EMS from China when I bought the Jade amp was only a few days, I can't remember whether 3 or 4, but definitely under a week.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #858 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very slight texture, texturing - A perceptible pattern or structure in reproduced sound, even if random in nature. Texturing gives the impression that the energy continuum of the sound is composed of discrete particles, like the grain of a photograph (I guess that seems like a negative, but in this case it actually sounds good - meaning the music has texture and doesn't sound flat or bland)

Just one thing to take note of... Texturing that JGH refers to is the added texture of the equipment and not of the original music/recording. So if a headphone is textured its more like it is grainy than the fact that it lets out the texture of the music. If the uDac lets out the texture of the music, I'd just call it detailed. If it smooths out details in texture like cheaper armature iems, I'd just say its fuzzy or blurred in details
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #859 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is really an unfortunate charge --, more than 1/3 the price of the DAC -- and especially when it is unnecessary if EMS was used instead. I hope they can do something for you - the time delay itself is excessive, imho. EMS from China when I bought the Jade amp was only a few days, I can't remember whether 3 or 4, but definitely under a week.

Thanks for understanding me. I hope it comes out all good in the end

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #863 of 1,841
Quote:

This is the reply I got from nuforce. Looks like I'm screwed. They dont get it. I told them priority and ems is handled differently here. They just say since the postal service failed, they just shipped via another courier with no approval from the buyer. The bottom line is NUFORCE does not care about our concerns and money is all thats important to them. I no longer recommend anyone buying from overseas to order from them even if the dac comes out sounding good. Cmon at least do something to make the customer happy NUFORCE! I wouldn't have had anything against nuforce even if I paid customs taxes if it was delivered on time but in this case, ive suffered enough. This is just plain BS customer service.

EMAIL REPLY

Hi,

We stated clearly in our online store policy that customers are responsibile for their custom taxes. And many customers paid such taxes. Some manage to avoid paying taxes by going through USPS but we already lost through USPS and will not use it again. We are sorry that this happened but as in any international transactions, we have no control over the shipper and custom clearance. And we have already suffer loss with the transactions (2 x international shipping cost, plus cost of 2 uDACs). If you feel that you should not pay for your own tax, you should have rejected the FedEx shipment and we will give you a full refund. (I believe in the earlier emails Jason already mentioned to you). We have tried our best but it is not reasonable for Nuforce to suffer such a big loss due to no fault of our own, if we have to pay his customs fee. We already lose money from the failed shipment. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Anna

We've had friendly conversations on the forums, and I like you. But I have to say I'm sorry but I'm on their side. They have to protect themselves and their business, and after USPS lost one if they don't want to risk another I think they have that right, especially since it's clear that the taxes are your responsibility. The effort and time they will have to give up to obtain reimbursement on the one is high enough already. You are saying they should lose money on the sale, through no fault of their own.

You say that you'd be fine with the taxes if was delivered it on time, but Nuforce doesn't have control over the deliveries, the postal service does. Are you saying Nuforce didn't sent it from their end on time? I'm sorry this happened to you, but you didn't get screwed by anyone but the postal service.

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #867 of 1,841
Quote:

So Larry, Youre on their side even though I never agreed to their policy? Agreeing to their policy is only applicable once I know everything about my purchase contract. Changing things around voids that policy like I said on the post above.

I think you have a partial good point in the longer post above, but maybe you should have refused the package if you didn't agree to FedEx and didn't want the taxes. But, I'll make you a deal I would never offer anyone else. If you don't like the uDAC I'll paypal you half the postal shipping costs to send it back to Nuforce. If you return it, you can apply to get your taxes refunded.

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #868 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you have a partial good point in the longer post above, but maybe you should have refused the package if you didn't agree to FedEx and didn't want the taxes. But, I'll make you a deal I would never offer anyone else. If you don't like the uDAC I'll paypal you half the postal shipping costs to send it back to Nuforce. If you return it, you can apply to get your taxes refunded.

Why would you do that?

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #870 of 1,841
Thanks Larry for understanding my point there.... Anyway, no more need to worry! I got word that the freaking post office has my DAC!!! I just rushed there and got it! So I saved myself tax costs. As for fedex, I havent gotten it yet since its scheduled to arrive from Manila tomorrow. Thats what they told me on the phone along with the customs cost anyway. So Yes I will refuse that package!

So Guys at Nuforce... Just a tip, make sure your customers agree on your deviations from the original deal so that you will not be voiding anything. I hope everyone has learned from this deal and sorry for all the trouble I caused on this thread and to Nuforce...

Let the burn in begin!!!

EDIT: Mods please delete all the posts I edited saying to delete since the thread has been derailed enough.

Also to NUFORCE. I just realized that it might not even be your responsibility to replace my uDac since its already on record on the usps website that you've already shipped me one so I'm sorry for all the grief Ive caused. Now I'm happy that the DAC is here and works perfectly and sounds great. I hope we all learned something in the end. I will stop derailing the thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back