FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 12, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #586 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, my uDAC would not work with my Linux system which uses Gnome for music. All of my other DACs work fine. I continued to receive error messages and no music. Most of the time it would lock up the computer, necessitating a rebook. I did manage somehow to get it to perform once, but that was it. Strange!!

You always wanted to upgraded to a Mac Mini anyways, but just didn't know it...
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #588 of 1,841
My only thing to complain is the poor response time to my emails... WHO DO I HAVE TO PESTER TO GET MY FREAKINNN DAAAC... Its been a month and still no dac. jasonl gave me the nuforce email and no one has replied in 3 days

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #589 of 1,841
As reported in PFE appreciation thread, I have to report that NuForce uDAC work well with PFE, the mid and high remain bright and clean but the bass is no longer anemic, very strong, clean and penetratively deep, give it a try, my ear aren't as good as other but the difference is night and day.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #590 of 1,841
Having been using it and getting acclimated to its sound, its definitely a fine product. A little punchy for my taste, but certainly not bad. If youre low on cash, space, or if you move around much its great.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #591 of 1,841
Considering getting this, but I have a few questions:

1) Is the DAC in the uDAC better than the DAC in the Icon?

2) Is the DAC in the uDAC better than the DAC in the Icon Mobile?

Thanks!

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #592 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzarg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering getting this, but I have a few questions:

1) Is the DAC in the uDAC better than the DAC in the Icon?

2) Is the DAC in the uDAC better than the DAC in the Icon Mobile?

Thanks!

yes and yes

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #593 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes and yes

Alrighty, good to hear!

I'm actually pretty happy with the sound that's coming out from my iPod Classic 7G, but when I connect my headphones (Audio Technica AD-700 and M50) to my Macbook Pro, I get a subtle hiss. Hoping that goes away with the uDAC.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #594 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzarg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alrighty, good to hear!

I'm actually pretty happy with the sound that's coming out from my iPod Classic 7G, but when I connect my headphones (Audio Technica AD-700 and M50) to my Macbook Pro, I get a subtle hiss. Hoping that goes away with the uDAC.

The uDAC has no hiss even with my most sensitive Westone IEM, while my Macbook pro does. I got to be one of the uDAC testers that saw to it that the hiss was taken care of.
icon10.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #595 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by hesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just "pulled the trigger" on this, as you like to say
smily_headphones1.gif
too bad it does have only usb input, but hey - at this price no complaints. just hope it will go well with little dot 1+

works great with the LDI+

I replaced my opamp with an LT1364 and my tubes with Mullard CV 4010s, though

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #596 of 1,841
Finally got mine today.. It's surely a good match for my ESW10JPN's..nice soundstage (for portable phones, that is) and bass. Can't ask for more for $99...

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #598 of 1,841
jasonl, just out of curiosity - where is this product manufactured?

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #600 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hows this compared to the Gamma1 ?
In the title it says that as an AMP its possible to disconnect it to use with another amp ?

I guess I wasn't clear enough in the review but the posted Specs/features were clear enough - it has RCA line-out, coax S/PDIF out, and 1/8" headphone out. So, you can plug another amp into the RCA out, or another DAC into the S/PDIF out, or headphones into the 1/8" jack.

I don't have a y1 to compare to the uDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back