First headphones after discovering Head-Fi
Oct 22, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #181 of 329
I bought my HD580 ($100 from newegg about 10 years ago) before coming here and they are still my best headphone. I guess the only headphone I've purchased since coming here is the Q-Jays IEMs I got a few weeks ago.

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #183 of 329
ATH-ESW9 & i've managed to keep me away from my credit card & ESW10JPN
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #184 of 329
My first headphone were the 580's purchased from Headroom back in 1996 (if memory serves me correctly). I think I did a google search for headphones or something and got the Senns along with a Headroom Supreme portable amp.

I didn't learn about Head-Fi until many years later and picked up a pair of Grado SR-125's. I've barely touched my Senns since.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #185 of 329
First headphones after finding Head-Fi was the MS-1. I came here hoping to get an idea if the MS-1 were in fact close to the sound of my speaker system as one of the members of my speaker forum had suggested. I spent about a week or so studying everything I could read about them before actually buying a set.

Yup; they sounded like the speakers alright!

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #186 of 329
MS-1's hear as well
wink.gif
Although I was very disappointed
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #188 of 329
You guys are right about head-fi being a danger to my wallet...

In the few short weeks I've known this site, I'm already up a pair of Grado SR125's and Denon C751's.

Is there a 12-step program before I'm too far gone?
k701smile.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #190 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-1's hear as well
wink.gif
Although I was very disappointed
frown.gif

Yup; I was disappointed with the MS-1 as well. I liked the sound...forward and little bright; just like my speakers, just not as BIG sounding as the speakers! So my wallet complained, but the MS2i were next. But even at that; with the sub and surrounds engaged, the MS2i still weren't LARGE enough since they had that up-front soundstage when I wanted to be further back from the orchestra for the really big stuff. So to fill in the back of the auditorium, the HD600 came to my house. All's happy now. Now I have the MS2i which sound like my speakers in stereo, and the HD600 which sound like my speakers in surround mode.

Thanx; Head-Fi! Best of both worlds!
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #192 of 329
I came here looking to replace my Sennheiser PX200's with a dodgy wire and have so far ordered some Koss PortaPros off eBay and the Soundmagic pl-30's off focalpoint. Figured they'd be a nice introduction without breaking the bank
smily_headphones1.gif

Next I've got to find a good set of full-size headphones for work. Looking at possibly the JVC HP-RX900's for this, but I should probably wait for at least one of the pairs I've already ordered to arrive before I go buying another.......

P.S Also have a Fiio amp on order from dealextreme but was going to buy that before I came here
smily_headphones1.gif

P.P.S I hate waiting
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #193 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by cykosis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are right about head-fi being a danger to my wallet...

In the few short weeks I've known this site, I'm already up a pair of Grado SR125's and Denon C751's.

Is there a 12-step program before I'm too far gone?
k701smile.gif

That's the way to go!
biggrin.gif

We all started in the small, and look where some of us are now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back