First head-fi meet Netherlands
Nov 8, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #61 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940
Not sure I could attend but I follow the thread
wink.gif

If a mini-meet is happening near Aachen, during a week-end, I'm interested too. I'm living in Verviers, not very far from the border. Sadly my german is very limited.

Well I could host a mini-meet in Aachen, but it would be 4 people with gear max since my apartment is not very large and I seriously lack tables! So if one of you near-aachen-guys has better capabilities, feel free to be the host. =)

The weekend 26th/27th November (or later) would be ok for me (allthough I don't know if the HF-1 will be here by then ... SA5K should arrive any day
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #62 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
CORDA .....
Sennheiser ....
AKG .....
Beyerdynamic .....
Ultrasone .....

Any specific wishes??

@Jan: I'd love to hear some well-amped K1000. Would be great if you could bring some.

And the Corda Eartube would be nice too.

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #63 of 265
I am pretty much booked till Jan. I could try to get us a small conference room here at the Aachen medical center, if and when the time arrives. But I think we should support the originally planned place for the first NED/BEL/GER meet and not start to plan anything else in this thread. Cheers M.

Nov 8, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #65 of 265
Yes, let’s try to say focused on this meet in this thread.

Mattigol, it looks like you are not the only one fully booked the coming months among the interested. I think we should aim for a date around luuk´s first suggestion in February.

The critical factor will be where to have it. We are only in the beginning of the idea, and barely any concrete planning has been done yet. Some interested will drop off, but there will be a net increase eventually I would guess. How many are we now, something like 15? We would then need a place quite much larger than the average Dutch terrace-house living room
tongue.gif
(I hear they have large houses in the region of Drenthe
wink.gif
)

Somebody also pointed out the need for having somebody heading the planning and arrangements. Absolutely! luuk and Firestarter of course
eggosmile.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #66 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Thanks mattigol.
Bit off topic, but is that a beastie boy in your picture?

Yes. Adam Yauch aka Nathan Wind aka "Cochese " in the video to "Sabotage". An all time classic. Gotta love this kind of nonsense...

Nov 8, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #68 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
I am pretty much booked till Jan. I could try to get us a small conference room here at the Aachen medical center, if and when the time arrives. But I think we should support the originally planned place for the first NED/BEL/GER meet and not start to plan anything else in this thread. Cheers M.

You're right. By the way, if someone among the Aachen neighbours go to the dutch meet, I can pass him some of my gear. Probably a dynalo, a diy RKV, perhaps a pair of SR225.

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #69 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Aah, I did saw that right!
Fire starter, do you have enough room for about 20 people+gear?
You can email me at: Luukie12@hotmail.com

my parents have a large living room and a living kitchen, both of which we can use. the gear might be somewhat more of a problem, but if i clear the computer desk we'll have 4 seperate surfaces (2 normal tables, 1 low table and the desk). I'm afraid i won't be able to provide sources, we only have one somewhat cheap stereo (pioneer i believe) and a computer with onboard audio that hurts my ears
frown.gif

edit: i guess that 20 would be the upper limit. my mother organized a meet for her 'college' friends, and although all 25 people could be seated in the living room, i don't think it'll work if people want to use headphones and generally walk about. with both the kitchen and the living room, i think 20 will be just fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #70 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
my parents have a large living room and a living kitchen, both of which we can use. the gear might be somewhat more of a problem, but if i clear the computer desk we'll have 4 seperate surfaces (2 normal tables, 1 low table and the desk). I'm afraid i won't be able to provide sources, we only have one somewhat cheap stereo (pioneer i believe) and a computer with onboard audio that hurts my ears
frown.gif

edit: i guess that 20 would be the upper limit. my mother organized a meet for her 'college' friends, and although all 25 people could be seated in the living room, i don't think it'll work if people want to use headphones and generally walk about. with both the kitchen and the living room, i think 20 will be just fine
smily_headphones1.gif

That is very generous of you Firestarter, and of your parents!

Don’t worry about sources, the rest of us just have to see to that we will bring enough. What the heck, I bring a tuner and a cheap MP3 stick as well
600smile.gif
Perhaps I even get a foldable small dining table in my car, if the need should arise
icon10.gif

Another point of importance might be the number of wall outlets available as well. I couple of extensions should do the job I suppose. Do you have nice, close by, neighbours
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #71 of 265
It is indeed very generous of you and your parents!
Shall we pick a date now, so that everyone can check his agenda and if he is coming that he says it hear so that we can make a list of the first 20 people that are coming?
so, it's gonna be february?
but what day?
I would say the second weekend of february.

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #75 of 265
January/February would be just fine for me, count me in.

I will bring my HD 650, HD 590 and Corda Aria with me.
I would love to listen to the K 701 for a second time using music I'm familiar with
tongue.gif

BTW does anyone own a pair of Grados and could bring them to the meeting? Since it's very difficult to purchase them in Germany, this would be the first time for me to get an impression of the Grado sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back