Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 14, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #6,049 of 6,223
I think better to experiment which module you like the most before plunge some cash for cable.
I tried.....I like red. It takes away some body, but keeps the sound fast and open. The black has more body, but remains a slightly more closed and a little less fast sound. And between the two, red is not better, but it is the least worse.

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #6,051 of 6,223
I tried.....I like red. It takes away some body, but keeps the sound fast and open. The black has more body, but remains a slightly more closed and a little less fast sound. And between the two, red is not better, but it is the least worse.
It's a good description. I ve been back and forth between black and red. Back to red now which i think i prefer for the increased perception of resolution and openness. Experimenting with tips also, the orange "render tips" like don't do it for comfort in my case (large is too large and med is too small), so i have to find something else that seals well.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #6,052 of 6,223
Which module you currently use? (my favourite is black, red sound a bit thin).
Which module you currently use? (my favourite is black, red sound a bit thin).
DITA Celeste Cable adds some improvement to soundstage, detail, and instrament separation. But it’s $$$$$$. I use the grey module mostly (splitting the difference between red and black).

Feb 15, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #6,054 of 6,223
Grey/silver is more isolating than black, not less. So more bass. It goes red > black > silver/grey > gold.
It's just the full size atom for CIEM's 🤪

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #6,055 of 6,223
I' ve gone back and forth with black and silver , with xe6 ;I use eq ; not sure which one is better ( with eq ) but black gives the most separation and noticeably better stage with some songs and contents to my ears , the sound remain utterly analogue and real-life in quality .

I am puzzled if to try red modules , are them much different then black?

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #6,057 of 6,223
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #6,058 of 6,223
After going thru multiple tips I feel Azla SednaEarfit Crystal along with JVC Spiral dot ++ are my top 2 tips for XE6.
Crystal brings a bit of calmness to XE6 and is my go to tips if I’m listening to XE6 while working and JVC cleans up vocals by pushing upper mids. Slightly energetic of 2 and is more comfortable.
Symbio W is just ok but sometimes I feel some peak at around 6-8Khz with it and soundstage feels a lot closed in with Symbio W.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #6,059 of 6,223
Are Fir iems all made in USA? I just got Fir Audio E12, but it's not stated.

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #6,060 of 6,223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back